IGNORED

admins & mods, i have a question...

Guest LadyC

Guest LadyC

last year i commemorated the anniversary of me not smoking by doing a 90 day journey through the Bible. it actually took me 92 days, but.... i'd like to do it again this year. but i'd love to do it with other people. and i'd like to do it chronologically.

is there a way we could set it up in the bible study group? or could we at least see if there would be any interest?

if there was enough interest, i'd really like to start it on july 21, because that's a very personal date to me. besides, i really think anyone who is interested in doing this really needs to be prayed up for a few weeks before starting, and then hopefully the prayer support from others would continue through the three months. it is a huge commitment to read through the entire bible in such a short time, but it is also a tremendous blessing. you get so much out of it when it's that concentrated.

part of my desire to do this as a group is because i'm really going to need the encouragement and the accountability this time around. there is so much going on this summer... between work, and trying to get my jewelry "business" off the ground, and flying to florida to be with my daughter for a couple of weeks when she has her baby... i'm going to be easily distracted, and having a network of people doing this will help me stay focused.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.90
  • Days Won:  33

There is absolutely nothing stopping you from starting this thread and asking others to join you. It's a fantastic idea!

If it turns out that it's in the wrong thread, the board mods might move it, or pin it, or whatever they decide. I'll flag it for them.

God bless sis

Guest LadyC

true, but i can't start threads in the bible study forum, which is where it would need to be once it got started.... and i know that in the past, more interest gets generated if mods and admins help "promote" things. like with the prayer partner thing, that works well, but if an individual tried to start it, i don't think it would get nearly the interest!

OK sis, is this schedule listed online somewhere? Can you link it for me please?

Guest LadyC

i haven't yet... last year i googled the bible in 90 days, and it does give a schedule. but since i'm wanting to do this chronologically this year, i'll have to set it up on YouVersion.com and copy the reading schedule myself. or anyone wanting to could set up an account on youversion and choose the chronological reading plan, and then adjust the dates. it defaults at one year. to change the schedule you have to manually set an "end" date. problem is, it doesn't let you schedule a specific start date, it just assumes you're starting on the day you select the plan.

would you like to do it with me? i'll be starting on july 21, but boy, do i need some serious prayer support prior to and during!

when i did this last year, i posted "notes" on facebook each day, and also copied them onto the forums at 2glorify.com. (that site doesn't exist anymore, don't try looking!) i suppose i could do it that way again too, but i was really the only one "studying". every day i did it in s.o.a.p. format... scripture, observation, application, prayer. once in a while someone would post their own soap as a comment, but i really wanted people to soap right along with me all the time! imagine the depth and discussion that could take place with people sharing what they learned from each day's reading!

How much time did it take you each day?

Guest LadyC

right at an hour, if i don't stop for a nap. (as i've gotten older, reading makes me sleepy.) it comes out to 12 pages per day.

right at an hour, if i don't stop for a nap. (as i've gotten older, reading makes me sleepy.) it comes out to 12 pages per day.

I can do that. I also have an audio bible which makes feasting on the Word faster (but it zooms by sometimes and I have to rewind and relisten). What is day 1? I'll see how long that takes me to listen to on the train home.

Guest LadyC

day one will be july 21, so that's about 7 weeks from now. i like reading and listening at the same time, i stay focused better!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,072
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I can do that. I also have an audio bible which makes feasting on the Word faster (but it zooms by sometimes and I have to rewind and relisten). What is day 1? I'll see how long that takes me to listen to on the train home.

I did not know you mathematicians were HOBO's :o