IGNORED

Ever wonder what others think of Christians?

OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Greeting Brothers and Sisters!

We have been played by an atheist site. When this was pointed out to me (thanks AJ), I first felt a bit of anger until I started reading the posts. Then my spirit was at peace when I realized that we have an eye into the world of unbelievers and how they view our infighting. Though they had a blast playing us, we can learn from our errors in our ways which are pointed out in some of the posts.

This is an atheist site, but this thread is not about anything else but Worthy Christian Forums.

I decided to delete the link due to all the language after the first 8 pages. If you really want to view it, beware of how crude they are. Just Google worthy christian forums and look for thethinkingatheist site.

Pray before you enter.

You're right. The board and chat should be treated as the "public" place that it is rather than someplace the lost won't dare go to. Jesus is watching our behavior whether the world is or not.

Should be an eye opener for those who can deal with the vulgar language. (Beware . . . the language is ripe -- but is about the same as I hear on the bus and the street everyday.)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

Well, I think it's a bit absurd to suggest that we ought to curb our debate and disagreements simply because someone who shares none of our beliefs might use them as fodder for jokes or insults. They're atheists which means they don't have the same moral compass that we do. This thread of theirs about us is proof of that. I lost count of how many of them admitted to joining Worthy with straight up lies about who they were and what they believed. That's something I sincerely hope no Christian would do. They share countless insults about how stupid they think we all are, take snips of various posts and threads out of context and hang all of us by whatever they interpret those few words to mean or imply. It's precisely the same thing they do with the Bible. They rip it apart, siting infinite "contradictions" in an effort to defend their position.

I read some of the thread. Couldn't stomach the whole thing. Too many of them were just too proud of themselves for being unabashed liars. Worthy has, as long as I've been here at least, always made a real effort to be open to all comers, so long as they agree to be respectful. That includes atheists and others who might not share our general fundamental beliefs. The only reason for anyone to come here under false pretenses is for the sole purpose of mocking us. Period. Not only is that rude, but it's hypocritical considering how often they complain about us being intolerant or judgmental. I find it interesting that they accuse us of being bigots, homophobes and any other unflattering word you can think of, yet do not see that they are just as bad when they mock us simply for having different beliefs than their own.

In short, it's a tremendous shame that they hate us so much that they'd take pleasure in lying to us. And interesting that they see that as perfectly moral and acceptable. But then what else can they do? They have no moral center, no reason to curb their hateful nature. Very sad.

Just out of curiosity, have we filtered out all of their "moles?"

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

His threads were removed because he wasn't genuinely interested in debate, but in providing a platform for others to come in and mock us or our Lord or faith. I am not going to allow the saints to waste their energies fighting against trolls when there are real battles to be won. If an atheist wants a genuine debate, fine, but if they are just here to pave the way for their mates to come in after them and slam us... no way. We are not doormats.

His threads were removed because he wasn't genuinely interested in debate, but in providing a platform for others to come in and mock us or our Lord or faith. I am not going to allow the saints to waste their energies fighting against trolls when there are real battles to be won. If an atheist wants a genuine debate, fine, but if they are just here to pave the way for their mates to come in after them and slam us... no way. We are not doormats.

Yeah, I did some further reading on their site and finally got that. Edited my post to reflect it. Thanks, Candice.

Also, I'd very much like to know what some of our resident atheists and nonbelievers think about this situation. Would it be possible to move this to the Outer Court to allow them to comment? Or should we just start another thread there?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I barely post in the Outer Court anymore for reasons such as this. If the debate doesn't lead to life, then why bother?

Although I have to admit that we do give them much fodder to work with - the way we back-bite each other, think that posting a Scripture is going to get through to them, waving our spiritual superiority they way they wave their intellectual superiority (read their comments on our behavior - you'll see what I mean).

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

In regards to the last pack of atheist trolls that galloped through here......let's be charitable and pity them. They have nothing, they represent nothing and they're heading for an eternal nothing. They did no damage here, they changed no minds or hearts; they simply moved a little closer to oblivion. Collecting snippets and posts to pile in the middle of their circle as they cackle with glee? How pathetic IS that? Let's just pray they will find the Truth as they stumble about on their way to eternal damnation. It's very sad. :(

Guest shiloh357

This is not the first time this has happened. We have had kabals of trolls and atheists who essentially tag team us.