• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

We divide this ministry so His work can be done without being interrupted by statements that will sidetrack the very ones we are trying to help. When we are answering serious questions, like some you have been asking, and all of a sudden someone states there is no God, or Jesus is a lie, or the bible is a fairytale, it is Satan who is trying to interfere. I am sadden that you feel we are ignoring those who we should be helping when we have dedicated a place where they can speak freely, but with respect.

That does make sense. Even I though felt a bit limited with the restrictions though and my intent was not to spam or promote other faiths. Seeing as various ages are accepted here, which is something...I failed to take into consideration, I admit to being in error here. The rankings though here are a bit of a bother...at least in terms of label if one is a believer or not. As I asked before.... do any of us....really ask upon meeting someone that we find we are liking if they are a Christian or not?

That is a fair question. Do we ask? I don't believe we need to come right out and ask because we will know them by their fruits. If someone is swearing like a drunk sailor, they are not following God. If they are talking smut about the opposite sex, they are not following God. There are many times when we know without asking, but I have asked those who seem to be a Christian if they are. Some say yes and others say they follow another religion. In the end, we know if they are brothers and sisters.

Their thread was not created to help us see our mistakes, though we can see what these few think of us. As I stated, my attempt to get others to search their heart may seem to of failed, but some have ensured me that they did get the message. yet, I now fear that I have opened the gates to those who are easily moved by half truths. I have much concern to how much of their twisted truth you are swallowing. Not everyone is what they say we are. Some are guilty of this, others of that, but they look at us all in the same light, if you really understand what they are saying.

All I am swallowing is sadly what I have seen here. When the request was made to seek their hearts....that is what I did and am still doing. That is also why I went to seek what was in the hearts of the members of thethinkingatheist hoping perhaps to gain some knowledge. Their intentions may not have been good, but what are we taught to do when others mock us?

Learn to check you heart to see if it is following the leading of the Holy Spirit and do not believe all that His enemies say about you or anyone else. Remember, "we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." We are to wear the full armor of God, but first we must be mature enough to fit into it. This takes time to be fit enough for this type of battle. We must first grow in Him so the armor can fit properly and be effective. In other words, how much peace do we walk in; how strong is our shield of faith; does our helmet of salvation fit firmly on our head; do we have a sharp enough sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; and lastly, are we prayed up? These are questions we all need to ask ourselves. We become statistics when we enter the battlefield unprepared.

I understand one must be prepared. What I do not understand is why again and again because I harbor sympathy for those who either do not know God or choose not to, that I am being niave. This thread was made....hoping that perhaps we could all reflect, myself included, and learn from this recent mishap with those who sought to test us. Our views here or understanding seems to differ a great deal, but I respect you and have no desire to argue with you. You are entitled to your thoughts of them, me, and the overall situation.

May God Bless You

Dani

I am not reading where anyone is calling anyone naive. In my work, I have to redirect people to what is being said instead of what they think is being said. It is very common to read something into a statement that is not there. We all need to check ourselves to see if what we are telling ourselves is really what is being said. Often times, when we start to read into a statement, we come out with a lie. We start to inject our thoughts into another person words, changing the meaning and making an argument that is not there.

I suggest that what you see may be what they want you to see and not the truth. Eve saw that she did not die when she ate the fruit, but the truth is that she did die. How did she take this challenge? By listening to a well versed lie, a twisted truth. She saw exactly what Satan wanted her to see. Because she took him at his word and did not look beyond what was said, history was made for us all. Do not believe what the enemy tells you. Benjamin Franklin said. "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." We were told this in the service as we were being trained. We can, by nature, be deceived easily when we let our guard down.

I am highly suggestion to everyone, including myself, to ensure that we are called to the battle or not. God will not send someone unprepared into battle. When we enter a battle unprepared, we do so out of the flesh. It is our pride and arrogance telling us that we are strong enough and knowledgeable enough to win the fight. Because it is done in the flesh, we become wounded and not victorious. This is a spiritual battle, as I brought the scripture to you to show you

Maybe I misunderstood you, but when a person believes what they are told....what is the term for that? Gullible? I am trying real hard to be patient and make sure that I am not misunderstanding. Yet feel that I am constantly having to explain myself and my feelings which....is just not right. As I said before, I am speaking from both what I have seen here and from the points of view they have exhibited that unfortunately, are very truly practiced in this forum by myself likely...and others here.

We should know one another in accordance to our fruits, not the labels put upon one another the moment we enter a forum. Which sadly, is something that I feel is practiced here. Countless times since I have been here I have seen remarks like this:

This is not how humans behave or believe.

As a naturalist and materialist, you are not allowed have a view on right and wrong.

And they are continuously made over and over to other members here. Even when I felt myself to be subject of insult, and told another I took offense...I was labeled as one who was making false accusations. Still...I apologized.

Just...amazes me...how things like this go on and we do nothing to fix it and do not even admit it is going on.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

We divide this ministry so His work can be done without being interrupted by statements that will sidetrack the very ones we are trying to help. When we are answering serious questions, like some you have been asking, and all of a sudden someone states there is no God, or Jesus is a lie, or the bible is a fairytale, it is Satan who is trying to interfere. I am sadden that you feel we are ignoring those who we should be helping when we have dedicated a place where they can speak freely, but with respect.

That does make sense. Even I though felt a bit limited with the restrictions though and my intent was not to spam or promote other faiths. Seeing as various ages are accepted here, which is something...I failed to take into consideration, I admit to being in error here. The rankings though here are a bit of a bother...at least in terms of label if one is a believer or not. As I asked before.... do any of us....really ask upon meeting someone that we find we are liking if they are a Christian or not?

That is a fair question. Do we ask? I don't believe we need to come right out and ask because we will know them by their fruits. If someone is swearing like a drunk sailor, they are not following God. If they are talking smut about the opposite sex, they are not following God. There are many times when we know without asking, but I have asked those who seem to be a Christian if they are. Some say yes and others say they follow another religion. In the end, we know if they are brothers and sisters.

Their thread was not created to help us see our mistakes, though we can see what these few think of us. As I stated, my attempt to get others to search their heart may seem to of failed, but some have ensured me that they did get the message. yet, I now fear that I have opened the gates to those who are easily moved by half truths. I have much concern to how much of their twisted truth you are swallowing. Not everyone is what they say we are. Some are guilty of this, others of that, but they look at us all in the same light, if you really understand what they are saying.

All I am swallowing is sadly what I have seen here. When the request was made to seek their hearts....that is what I did and am still doing. That is also why I went to seek what was in the hearts of the members of thethinkingatheist hoping perhaps to gain some knowledge. Their intentions may not have been good, but what are we taught to do when others mock us?

Learn to check you heart to see if it is following the leading of the Holy Spirit and do not believe all that His enemies say about you or anyone else. Remember, "we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." We are to wear the full armor of God, but first we must be mature enough to fit into it. This takes time to be fit enough for this type of battle. We must first grow in Him so the armor can fit properly and be effective. In other words, how much peace do we walk in; how strong is our shield of faith; does our helmet of salvation fit firmly on our head; do we have a sharp enough sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; and lastly, are we prayed up? These are questions we all need to ask ourselves. We become statistics when we enter the battlefield unprepared.

I understand one must be prepared. What I do not understand is why again and again because I harbor sympathy for those who either do not know God or choose not to, that I am being niave. This thread was made....hoping that perhaps we could all reflect, myself included, and learn from this recent mishap with those who sought to test us. Our views here or understanding seems to differ a great deal, but I respect you and have no desire to argue with you. You are entitled to your thoughts of them, me, and the overall situation.

May God Bless You

Dani

I am not reading where anyone is calling anyone naive. In my work, I have to redirect people to what is being said instead of what they think is being said. It is very common to read something into a statement that is not there. We all need to check ourselves to see if what we are telling ourselves is really what is being said. Often times, when we start to read into a statement, we come out with a lie. We start to inject our thoughts into another person words, changing the meaning and making an argument that is not there.

I suggest that what you see may be what they want you to see and not the truth. Eve saw that she did not die when she ate the fruit, but the truth is that she did die. How did she take this challenge? By listening to a well versed lie, a twisted truth. She saw exactly what Satan wanted her to see. Because she took him at his word and did not look beyond what was said, history was made for us all. Do not believe what the enemy tells you. Benjamin Franklin said. "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." We were told this in the service as we were being trained. We can, by nature, be deceived easily when we let our guard down.

I am highly suggestion to everyone, including myself, to ensure that we are called to the battle or not. God will not send someone unprepared into battle. When we enter a battle unprepared, we do so out of the flesh. It is our pride and arrogance telling us that we are strong enough and knowledgeable enough to win the fight. Because it is done in the flesh, we become wounded and not victorious. This is a spiritual battle, as I brought the scripture to you to show you

Maybe I misunderstood you, but when a person believes what they are told....what is the term for that? Gullible? I am trying real hard to be patient and make sure that I am not misunderstanding. Yet feel that I am constantly having to explain myself and my feelings which....is just not right. As I said before, I am speaking from both what I have seen here and from the points of view they have exhibited that unfortunately, are very truly practiced in this forum by myself likely...and others here.

We should know one another in accordance to our fruits, not the labels put upon one another the moment we enter a forum. Which sadly, is something that I feel is practiced here. Countless times since I have been here I have seen remarks like this:

As a naturalist and materialist, you are not allowed have a view on right and wrong.

And they are continuously made over and over to other members here. Even when I felt myself to be subject of insult, and told another I took offense...I was labeled as one who was making false accusations. Still...I apologized.

Just...amazes me...how things like this go on and we do nothing to fix it and do not even admit it is going on.

Dani,

I was wondering if you have ever been on other forum/discussion boards? I and many others here are on several, not being as 'mainstream' as many here I have found Worthy to be one of the safest boards around otherwise I would never have stuck around. Yes people are people and yes those who claim Messiah should be walking according to His standards yet we still are in the flesh, yes still people fail to use grace and a humbled heart when posting. Some of our members go all the way back to when this board started and have to deal with some pretty nasty stuff. But the post count, the different levels of membership are all set within the software and not set up by the owner. I hope you stick around, you did come in at a time we were being trolled, attacked and all that silliness. I would recommend staying out of the political area though! :laugh:

shalom,

Mizz

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Have you noticed that you are the only one who is labeling you? We all have the same tendencies and we all need to check to ensure that what we take from what others say is the truth or not. Yes, we all can be gullible, duped, easily led, ect ... That is our nature, to want to believe we are not being lied to. We do this because we have love for people. Yet, we are also given wisdom and His Spirit to show us what is true or not. The flesh fights against the Spirit and we need to be aware when we are leaning more toward our flesh then His Spirit of truth.

What do you call someone who believes in God? What do you call someone who works on cars? What do you call a woman who gives birth to a child? Yes, they are labels; the first answer is a Christian, the second is a mechanic and the last is a mother.

Now, what do you call someone who lies? What do you call someone who steals? What do you call someone who takes the life of an innocent person? Again, they are labels; the first is a liar, the second is a thief and the last a murderer.

Labels are how we categorize groups of people and this is not a bad thing if used rightfully. Yet, I will refuse to discuss your personal feeling in an open forum. If you wish to discuss this with me, you may PM me and I will discuss how you feel you have been labeled.

Be in peace.

• Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

It would seem those who came here with ill will accomplished what they intended to.

As sinners all, both them and us, we need a Savior, and most still here have found salvation in Him.

Those mockers who are making light of us need to be placed before our Father in prayer for their salvation.

Even if they had not found disagreement between us, they would have found something else to belittle us with.

Someone said they found unity in their disagreement, which appears to be true. We find unity between self and God's Holy

Spirit when we go before Him confessing our shortcomings. They do not have that advantage.

This is a lesson in stating how we believe the Scripture is/should be interpreted and letting that Word speak for Itself.

Our human nature - read that as sin nature - wants to 'win' consistently, so we argue and bicker. Hopefully we have learned

something from this, and we can say how we see things and then back off. If someone does not agree with us the first time

we can not force the issue by hitting them over the head with it 10 or 20 times.

We try to do the work of the Holy Spirit which is not possible.

For me, I think it is better to say what I believe and pray that God will teach both you and me His truth in the matter.

We are, after all, works in progress.

Putting our thoughts down in writing leaves a lot to be desired, especially if we are not schooled in writing and in getting

the nuance of our thoughts down in words. I am not one who excels in this art, and recently had to come back on the board

and explain to Mizz what I was trying to convey. This medium simply leaves a lot to be desired, however it is what we have to work with and I am often grateful for it.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Have you noticed that you are the only one who is labeling you? We all have the same tendencies and we all need to check to ensure that what we take from what others say is the truth or not. Yes, we all can be gullible, duped, easily led, ect ... That is our nature, to want to believe we are not being lied to. We do this because we have love for people. Yet, we are also given wisdom and His Spirit to show us what is true or not. The flesh fights against the Spirit and we need to be aware when we are leaning more toward our flesh then His Spirit of truth.

What do you call someone who believes in God? What do you call someone who works on cars? What do you call a woman who gives birth to a child? Yes, they are labels; the first answer is a Christian, the second is a mechanic and the last is a mother.

Now, what do you call someone who lies? What do you call someone who steals? What do you call someone who takes the life of an innocent person? Again, they are labels; the first is a liar, the second is a thief and the last a murderer.

Labels are how we categorize groups of people and this is not a bad thing if used rightfully. Yet, I will refuse to discuss your personal feeling in an open forum. If you wish to discuss this with me, you may PM me and I will discuss how you feel you have been labeled.

Be in peace.

No...thank you though....it just will not amount to anything.

Think we can just agree to disagree on the label department.

Appreciate your input.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

This sentence was quoted from one of my posts, A.S. What should I have said to someone who is writing tripe that bears no relation to reality? Should I tell him he's right when he so far off base I can't see him? You have done nothing but criticize this site since you joined; it's not the site criticizing you. So....what's up with you? And don't tell me I'm being mean because the truth is what it is. I read through 13 pages of the TTA site too and I'm appalled that you would think those mocking, contempuous, hateful, downright demonic people have any credence whatsoever. They HATE us. :huh:

Btw....THIS sentence:

"As a naturalist and materialist, you are not allowed have a view on right and wrong" from Shiloh's post? It means someone who doesn't believe in a Supreme Being but, instead, just rank chance and indifferent nature isn't allowed by the powers that be in that area to have views on right and wrong. It does NOT mean you can't have your own views here at Worthy, which is how you tried to spin it.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

There always comes a time when "criticism" is no longer constructive.

Where instead of "sharpening" us it begins to tear us down and apart.

My two cents.

There always comes a time when "criticism" is no longer constructive.

Where instead of "sharpening" us it begins to tear us down and apart.

My two cents.

:thumbsup: I couldnt agree with you more. I'll up your two cents with a nickel! lol Unfortunately we dont come with an off button that stops the sword from cutting deep with all that sharpening. I'm still pretty convinced that most here would never talk to people in person they way they do on the internet, well except maybe in politics. :P

Folks I can see this topic going round and round as well as branching out to something altogether so I am closing it.

shalom,

Mizz