christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pros and Cons of Abeka and Alpha Omega

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

gocarroll711

gocarroll711
  • Members
  • 14 posts
Hi everyone! I found Abeka to be a lot of work, too, like Mom2Many. It was good, don't get me wrong, but I actually have one unique...umm...I'll call it a critique. I noticed they focus a great deal on writing cursive. I've also noticed that recent studies from collegiate students and professionals across the country, cursive writing is a dying art. It was invented because of the quill pen, and so is no longer needed, especially with the technology of today.

I'm sure they have good reason to teach Kindergartners cursive, but I don't think it will remain as relevant information for the kids when they grow up.

the_patriot2015

the_patriot2015

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,103 posts
  • Interests:Church, spending time with the family, Hunting, Fishing, shooting, camping, anything outdoors really, occasionally dabling in the finer arts of computers.
When I was homeschooled I used Alpha and Omegas switched On schoolhouse, mixed in with some of their book stuff, and all the SOS was on the computer which I liked since I loved computers. Only problem is, if you have a very technologically sound child, it can be easier for them to learn how to cheat. It was very good curriculum though, very educational and easy to understand.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2015 part of the Worthy Network