christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

About the Worthy Chat Blogs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

Omegaman

Omegaman

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
Hello,

I decided to create this post for the benefit of those of you who stumble across this Worthy Forums category, but who are not familiar with the Worthy Chat Blogs.

The first thing to know about the blogs, is that they are not there for the general Worthy community to blog in, so if that was your hope, I am sorry to disappoint you. Perhaps they should have been called the Worthy Chat Admin Blogs. The blogs were put in place, as a way for the chatters to get to know the chat admins better. The chat administrators can make entries there, and write about whatever comes to mind. After creating a post in the blogs, the admin has the option of enabling comments to that post, or not, generaly, comments are enabled

When new blog post is created, the Worthy News Bot, creates a copy of it and places it here in the Worthy Christian Forums area. Some of you are running across these and commenting here. However, this is not the home of the blog, this is just a mirror of the postings. The proper place to comment on the blogs, is at the blogs site itself.

Worthy Chat Blogs

There, you will see the most recent blogs followed by less recent blogs. On the right side of that page, you will also see some chat admin names, clicking those will bring you to the blogs created by that person, or, you could click these links below if you have an interest in seeing the blogs of a particular chat administrator.

Ayin Jade Omegaman OneLight Blogs from former admins

Once inside any giving blog, there is a link in the upper right which says comments, if comments have been enabled. Clicking that will allow you to read comments that have been made on the particlar blog, or to add your own comments.

At the bottom left of a blog entry page, you can find a link that says "Previous Entries". That will take you to blogs entries that were written before the entries on the page you are viewing.

While the News Bot is diligent at copying blog entries to this section of the forum, that is a relatively new feature, so you would need to go to the blog site itself to see the older blogs.

I hope this was helpful and informative, and takes away some of the confusion about the topic of Worthy Chat Blogs, as it appears here in the forums. Thanks for reading.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,547 posts
:emot-hug:

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,944 posts
I wish more would enter into the blogs themselves. The bot does not create an mirror image, as it should, but interprets what the blog is and tries to copy it. I know, because my blogs it has recreated are not a mirror of the blog itself. Some of the format is lost and some that were not there are added. Some of what the bot makes looks kind of ugly, so it would be my suggestion to go directly to the blogs and reply to them, not what the bot makes. This would also encourage those who wrote the blog to keep the conversation going, answer any questions and to create more blog entries.

God Bless,
Alan

roxx

roxx
  • Members
  • 62 posts
excess me if i sound dumb. i still dont see the difference in a blog and a testimony.......still getting use to the sit. not sure if i am making my comment in the appropriate places.

Edited by roxx, 04 February 2013 - 05:53 PM.

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Excuse me if i sound dumb. I still don't see the difference in a blog and a testimony.......still getting use to the site. not sure if i am making my comment in the appropriate places.

A blog can be about anything one wishes it to be, a testimony is telling how God worked in your life and how you was saved by Jesus. Relax, Rebecca, if you post in the wrong place a mod with move it for you, don't worry.

roxx

roxx
  • Members
  • 62 posts
Thank you for the information on the blog

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network