christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

All I've got in my fridge...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

~candice~

~candice~

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,087 posts
I cooked a lot when I was a kid. I used to enjoy looking in the fridge to see what was there, and coming up with a recipe based on that.

For example... I've got some mushrooms that I need to use before the die, cherry tomatoes, half a butternut pumpkin, some fresh garlic, leek, and some ground beef. What can I make :whistling: .

This is a great game to play when your fridge is nearly empty... see what others come up with!!! It's also good to play when you know that some fresh food is coming to the end of it's life and needs to be eaten or tossed.

oldzimm

oldzimm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
I like making Peanut butter, pickle and potato chip sandwiches when I feel like making something off the wall. :whistling:

~candice~

~candice~

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,087 posts

I like making Peanut butter, pickle and potato chip sandwiches when I feel like making something off the wall. :whistling:

Haha, that is 'off the wall'!!! When I was pregnant I ate ... mashed potato, fish and chilli sandwiches. It was nice at the time. I tried it after I gave birth and thought it was disgusting :whistling: .

Blien

Blien

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,155 posts
If you got some eggs, you can make an awesome italian vegi-mixed scrambled eggs called freitata.

Add the mushrooms, chopped cherry tomatoes, and finely chopped garlic to a fry pan with a dab of oil (not too much). When the ingredients are soft add the eggs and mix until it's scrambled egg ready. Enjoy!

Maybe someone else can come up with an idea of how to use the rest of the butternut pumpkin, leeks and beef. I've never used leeks before so I couldn't recommend anything. But if it's tasteless like cabbage you can make an awesome chunky (referring to diced pumpkin) beef stew with the rest of what you have!

oldzimm

oldzimm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

When you put the peanut butter, pickles and chips between two slices of bread, just smash them. Believe it or not it is real good and crunchy. I started making these when I was kid, can you tell? :whistling:

peaches

peaches

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,016 posts
i have stale sheppards pie, stale chicken, stale milk and averagely fresh bread. LOTS of juice =)

~candice~

~candice~

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,087 posts

i have stale sheppards pie, stale chicken, stale milk and averagely fresh bread. LOTS of juice =)

Juice sandwiches! :emot-questioned:

udx

udx

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts
hmm.. I don't know how empty you mean. My fridge is just about cleared out, I don't think I can make anything out of jello, peanut butter and fish.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,407 posts

.... I've got some mushrooms that I need to use before they die, cherry tomatoes, half a butternut pumpkin, some fresh garlic, leek, and some ground beef. What can I make....

Sauté It All Up And Toss In A Little Tomato Sauce And Have Spaghetti For Supper

ladypeartree

ladypeartree

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,576 posts

I cooked a lot when I was a kid. I used to enjoy looking in the fridge to see what was there, and coming up with a recipe based on that.

For example... I've got some mushrooms that I need to use before the die, cherry tomatoes, half a butternut pumpkin, some fresh garlic, leek, and some ground beef. What can I make :noidea: .

This is a great game to play when your fridge is nearly empty... see what others come up with!!! It's also good to play when you know that some fresh food is coming to the end of it's life and needs to be eaten or tossed.

Cook the beef with the leeks, garlic and the chopped tomtoes add the cooked mushrooms at the end of the cooking time .....

1. use with a pastry top as a pie

2. use as the base for cottage pie by mashing potato (try adding the pumpkin to make it more interesting :emot-questioned: ) and placing on top of the meat then sprinkle with grated cheese ( works without it if you dont have any ) and return to the oven till the top is nice a crispy brown ( not burned wyguy )

3. make an omlette and fill it with the ingredients ( very tasty and serves lots of people as it is filling )

4. buy some taco shells and fill them adding cheese on top

5. do as above buy use the tomatoes as a base for a pizza and top with the other ingredients either cooked together or seperatly

6 Burn the lot and get hubby to take you out for dinner or order a take away :emot-questioned: :24: :whistling:

~candice~

~candice~

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,087 posts

For example... I've got some mushrooms that I need to use before the die, cherry tomatoes, half a butternut pumpkin, some fresh garlic, leek, and some ground beef. What can I make :noidea: .

Cook the beef with the leeks, garlic and the chopped tomtoes add the cooked mushrooms at the end of the cooking time .....

1. use with a pastry top as a pie

2. use as the base for cottage pie by mashing potato (try adding the pumpkin to make it more interesting :emot-questioned: ) and placing on top of the meat then sprinkle with grated cheese ( works without it if you dont have any ) and return to the oven till the top is nice a crispy brown ( not burned wyguy )

3. make an omlette and fill it with the ingredients ( very tasty and serves lots of people as it is filling )

4. buy some taco shells and fill them adding cheese on top

5. do as above buy use the tomatoes as a base for a pizza and top with the other ingredients either cooked together or seperatly

6 Burn the lot and get hubby to take you out for dinner or order a take away :emot-questioned: :24: :whistling:

Great ideas!!! Especially #6 :laugh:

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,335 posts
Well lets see...

Get a long piece of string
Tie all the veggie stuff to it
Place in the bottom of your garden
Wait for a kangaroo to stop by
Slowly pull on the string
When the roo is close enough bash it over the head
Cook the roo with the ground beef
If it did not manage to get to the veggies, wash them and add to the dish

Well thats what I would do...... :whistling:

kat8585

kat8585

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,433 posts

Add some raw onion. Yum!!!

Blien

Blien

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,155 posts

Well lets see...

LOL... if only we had kangaroos in North America... :blink:

peaches

peaches

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,016 posts

Well lets see...

LOL... if only we had kangaroos in North America... :blink:

We have plenty of racoon and skwerls :blink:

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,407 posts
:whistling: :blink: :blink:

sheya joie

sheya joie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts
My middle son likes to make himself sandwiches that consist of wheat bread spread with mustard and filled with - corn chips. Oh yeah!

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,586 posts

I like making Peanut butter, pickle and potato chip sandwiches when I feel like making something off the wall. :taped:

:whistling:

oldzimm

oldzimm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Well lets see...

Well thats what I would do...... :taped:

LOL... if only we had kangaroos in North America... :whistling:

We have plenty of racoon and skwerls :laugh:

Now easy on the Raccoons, they don't taste that bad and the squirrels are good with pot pie or just barbecued on an open fire.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,586 posts
I think this thread has very rapidly changed from 'All I've got in my fridge' to 'Who the heck would eat that'?

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network