christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Movies we enjoy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
95 replies to this topic

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
I like movies and own these:

Tristan and Isodle, What happens in vegas, pirates of caribean 1,2,and 3, Lord of the rings trilogy, Marley and Me, Fire Proof, When in Rome, All About Steve, Dear John, I like Avatar, Julie and Julia, Leap year, Mona Lisa Smile, Valentines day, Dreamer, the twilight saga, Flicka, Milo and Otis, The Proposal, Two Weeks Notice, The lakehouse, Ice Princess, The pacifer, Seabusicuit, 50 First dates, Never been kissed, Hes just not that into you, Nights in Rodanthe, National Treasure, Mr Deeds, My Big Fat greek wedding, The Other Boylen Girl, Remeo and juiet, Sisterhood of traveling pants 1 and 2, The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, Miss congenlaity, Legally Blonde 1 and 2, Down with Love, Model Behavior, Jounrey to the center of the earth, Public Enemies, Post Grad, Troy, 27 Dresses, P.S. I love you, The Ugly Truth, Aquamarine, Alex and Emma, Failure to launch, Date movie, A lot like love, How to deal, Glitter, Crossroads, Sweet Home Alabama, Waitress, Mr and Mrs Smith, Click, Where the heart is, Hidalgo, Chasing Liberty, Amercian Dreams, Enchanted,

Hold on Ill go find out what other films I own.......... to be continued.

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
Serendipity, uptown girls, freaky friday, Music and lyrics, John tucker must die, My sisters keeper, the time traveler's wife, ....................................

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
martin child, hitch, 17 again, wedding date and blindside and walk the line and theirs still more

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
I have the princess diaries 1 and 2, freedom writters, jersey girls and no reservations, the very old parent trap, beautful, finding neverland, fools gold. the family stone, beacuse I say so, raising helen.........................

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
the long shot, napoelpn dyimnate, school of rock, land of the lost, the holiday, enough, a cinderella story, those are some few more movies I have. gotta find the rest of my films.

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
the wedding planner, 13 going on 30, dirty dancing 2, maid in manhatten, and prince and me.

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
I counted and correct me if I am wrong but I think if my counting is accurate that I own 106 movies. :blink:

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts
Maybe she enjoys every movie she has? :taped: :blink:

~~~~~~~~~~

City of Joy - A troubled doctor looks for peace through spirituality in India with their eastern religions, but instead finds it by helping out a troubled Christian mission. (OK, they don't emphasize the Christian message, but you do know the mission is Christian owned and run).

Amistad - A group of Africans are kidnapped (after the taking of new slaves from Africa had been made illegal) and taken to the US as slaves from Cuba (or the like). During the course of the trial to prove or disprove their origin, the main character is given a Bible. He and his best friend come to understand the Gospel message through the pictures in the Bible.

Hoosiers - Underdog basketball team from the farmlands rises to the top. One of the players is the preacher's son. In one scene he noticeably prays for the weakest member of the team before a crucial play.

mead

mead

Royal Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts
Schindler's List, Raising Arizona, Gone With The Wind, A Streetcar Named Desire, Dead Poets Society, Ben Hur, The Shawshank Redemption, The Indiana Jones Series (except for the last one it was terrible), 300, Blade Runner, The Terminator, The Ten Commandments (Charleton Heston and Yul Bryner), Cool Hand Luke, Rain Man and Arsenic and Old Lace are a few of my favorites.

Lomi

Lomi

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts
I have a too much long list of movies I owned:
But these are off my favorites I've got: All Tyler Perry's Movies, Facing the Giants, Fireproof, Faith like Potatoes, The Ultimate Gift, Khabi Khusi Khabi Gham, Kal Ho Na Ho, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, The Eastern Bride, Megiddo, All my animated series...

south

south

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
I love animated films like Shrek, Toy Story, Beauty and and the Beast, Up, Madagascar, Finding Nemo, etc.

I also love Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Lord of the Rings.

Among the films I remember having watched and loved were E.T., Life is Beautiful, Forrest Gump, A River Runs Through It, Shawshank Redemption, and The Reader.

Blessings....South

victory777

victory777

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts
i love the film forest gump,and tramp for the Lord(book a well)cross@the swichblade,i dont own any movies i just watch when they are on tv ,to be honest i dont watch many ,but i love a good history film or drama

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
Im sorry for confusing any on the purpose of this thread. To be honest my thoughts jump so much that I dont really know the purpose so KatyAnn, to answer your question any of the 3 is fine. It started out I think to be listing movies we like than own than before I knew it I was listing everyone. When I get into something I really get focused on a thing. YEs, I do like every movie I own becasue if I didnt enjoy them why would I own them. To me it makes no sense to pay money and own a movie that u dont like becasue if u dont like it much then u wont watch it.

One movie I saw but dont own that was really cute, funny, for adults and kids is Dr Suess Horton hears a who. If u pay attention u kinda get a prolife messege about how each life no matter how big or small matters. The Pro life messege will go over kids heads.

Believer1997

Believer1997

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
I happened to be home a few weeks ago and watched Nanny McPhee - I had not seen it; it was delightful! A fairytale and it was just funny and cute!

oldzimm

oldzimm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
Last of the Mohegan, Braveheart, Open Range, Patriot, Windtalkers, Last Samurai, Dance with Wolves, We Were Soldiers, Alamo, Glory, Gettysburg, just to name a few.

Oh and my wife would hit me over the head with a frying pan if I didn't mention Note Book (good movie but sad) and Dirty Dancing (one of my favorite lines, nobody puts Baby in the corner).

Believer1997

Believer1997

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts

Last of the Mohegan, Braveheart, Open Range, Patriot, Windtalkers, Last Samurai, Dance with Wolves, We Were Soldiers, Alamo, Glory, Gettysburg, just to name a few.

Oh and my wife would hit me over the head with a frying pan if I didn't mention Note Book (good movie but sad) and Dirty Dancing (one of my favorite lines, nobody puts Baby in the corner).

OZ, you just described many of the movies we own and watch over again. My husband's favorite is The Last of the Mohicans. I found a great movie starring Glenn Close a few years ago which has become a favorite for me. It is called "Paradise Road". So uplifting and stirring. Story of the wives of military officers and diplomats, teachers and nuns who were not able to get out of the danger and were put in Japanese prison camp. What they did to keep their sanity and dignity is a wonderful story - they formed a choir of sorts. It's an amazing and true story. I really enjoyed it and it's one of my favorite movies.

ladypeartree

ladypeartree

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,585 posts

I happened to be home a few weeks ago and watched Nanny McPhee - I had not seen it; it was delightful! A fairytale and it was just funny and cute!

I took my grand children to see the second film in the series a few weeks ago :emot-questioned:

ladypeartree

ladypeartree

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,585 posts

We were just reviewing the Harry Potter series, looking forward to the last one wrapping up the story.

You have a long wait ..the last book was split into two films with the last not due out for about 18 months :emot-questioned:

Gerioke

Gerioke

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,381 posts
Sky Captain and the world of tomorrow, First Men on the Moon, The Day the Earth Stood still (original), The Time Machine (original), The Fantastic Mr Fox, Milo and Otis, Batman (Adam West version), Star Trek (latest version), The Man who Shot Liberty Valance, Shane, Cat Balou, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid,
Most movies between 1940s and 1975.

oldzimm

oldzimm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

OZ, you just described many of the movies we own and watch over again. My husband's favorite is The Last of the Mohicans. I found a great movie starring Glenn Close a few years ago which has become a favorite for me. It is called "Paradise Road". So uplifting and stirring. Story of the wives of military officers and diplomats, teachers and nuns who were not able to get out of the danger and were put in Japanese prison camp. What they did to keep their sanity and dignity is a wonderful story - they formed a choir of sorts. It's an amazing and true story. I really enjoyed it and it's one of my favorite movies.

"Paradise Road" I must see if I can find it. I like historical movies that are truly period to the T, the props must be correct. I wouldn't want to see "Last of the Mohicans" with somebody carrying a percussion rifle instead of a flintlock, because it is sad to say most of our youth only learn history by watching a movie. What our kids learn in school today about history is sometimes not totally the truth or a lot is left out.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network