christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Who is your favorite TV Cook??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

Assured

Assured

• PipPip
  • 204 posts
Ming Tsai. I never fail to try at least one recipe from every one of his shows that I have seen.

His food is...delicious!

Assured

Assured

• PipPip
  • 204 posts

Lidia Bastianich of Lidia's Italy, this lady makes me sooooooooo hungry. I wish she was my aunt or something....I always get excited when I can fix one of her recipes. My husbands on a heart healthy diet and not much pasta or garlic bread..I order my balsamic vinegar from her website, it is so goood,
I'm also with the Chief, I use to watch Graham Kerr years ago . I seen him a couple years ago on Life Today with James and Betty Robison . He gave a beautiful testimony.

Lidia Bastianich comes in a close second as one of my favorites. But I am very familiar with Italian food. I learn more from Ming Tsai for that reason.

Isaiah, Alton Brown is my "go-to" guy for HOW to do everything (technique) and WHY it happens (food science). I see him as a food scientist who can cook. I love his trick for slicing an onion, that lets you avoid the part that makes you cry.

Edited by Assured, 12 April 2012 - 11:50 PM.

warriorforJesus

warriorforJesus

• PipPip
  • 106 posts
Bobby Flay! Close second is Rachael Ray.

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts
Paula Deen :thumbsup:

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,893 posts

There's a couple of TV cooks on PBS that I really like. America's Test Kitchen/Cook's Country with Christopher Kimball. He's really funny and they do teach a lot of good things. Plus there's a guy named Steven Raichlen who has 2 programs on---Barbecue University and Primal Grill. The only thing I really wish for is that they would quit using the pork and the shellfish and do something really Kosher....Posted Image

a.

When I used to watch television I liked America's Test Kitchen too.

MissPlaced_56

MissPlaced_56

Veteran Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
Isaiah,

My favorites hands down are Rachel Ray, Paula Deen,and Trisha Yearwood( Trisha's Southern Cookin )
I'm also a fan of food networks Compition show Chopped....

This particular Chef( Lance Nitahara ) Just blew me away..I was telling OUR LORD how sick i was of seeing dog eat dog competiters and all of their Smack Talking..then I saw this episode that very night..I cried sheer tears of JOY!! I first saw His first compitition with Chef Madison Cowan, I was so happy to see such great interaction, and then I saw the Episode where he came back to try to win.....after he won, He looked at his cometitor and said he was going to give her the ticket that she needed to see her ailing grandmother....NOW Is that GODS LOVE in action or what!!!

http://besidemeallal...n-redeemed.html

Tazcontrol

Tazcontrol
  • Members
  • 93 posts
I like Ina Garten on Barefoot Contessa, I would eat just about anything she makes and she makes cooking look so easy and graceful :)

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts
I like America's Test Kitchen. They come up with ideas I would never think of.

My favorite Masterchef winner was Whitney Miller. She was cool under pressure and had good recipes.

amor

amor

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,640 posts

I have two "favorites:"

(1) "The Cajun Chef" (Justin Thyme I believe his name was) -great home style Cajun recipes, interspersed with humor and wit, and

(2) Graham Kerr, a true English gentleman with Southern flair - loved his recipes as well as his ongoing patter.

Both deceased now, unfortunately...

Graham Kerr, the self-styled galloping gourmet may have cantered into the field of televisual obscurity but he is still alive and cooking, albeit cooking low-fat semi-vegetarian fare.

damo1

damo1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts
i have learnt a lot from these two guys The Hairy bikers their recipes are so easy but you need to have been cooking for some time to follow their recipes

http://ichef.bbci.co...?nodefault=true

I also like cooking Asian food this is the t v cook i like to watch and his meals are so easy to prepare Luke Nguyen

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network