Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Photos we take

55 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

10580213_10153254500707941_7769692394328

Look what I caught at my office today! It's a very small African Rock Python. Mommy gets up to 15 ft long.

Posted · Report post

smiley-scared004.gif

I hate snakes.

Posted · Report post

smiley-scared004.gif

I hate snakes.

Most people do. I have been catching them since I was a kid. At one time as a part time job I did demonstrations at a local snake park. Because I understand them I don't fear them (respect yes).

Spiders on the other hand.......uggg...

Posted · Report post

My daughter used to love snakes.I can not believe we are related.When she was in grade school she volunteered to have this huge snake wrapped around here by this Reptile guy who came around to the schools and showed the kids these snakes and other things.Someone took a picture of her because they could not believe it.

Posted · Report post

My daughter used to love snakes.I can not believe we are related.When she was in grade school she volunteered to have this huge snake wrapped around here by this Reptile guy who came around to the schools and showed the kids these snakes and other things.Someone took a picture of her because they could not believe it.

They are contrary to popular belief not in the least slimy or icky, there skin is pretty soft and dry. And as dangerous as some may be, they are beautiful and accomplished survivors, excellent hunters and will leave you alone if you leave them alone.

The little one I caught with my bare hands. It is non venomous and at that size a bite would just be a few scratches.

Posted · Report post

smiley-scared004.gif

I hate snakes.

Most people do. I have been catching them since I was a kid. At one time as a part time job I did demonstrations at a local snake park. Because I understand them I don't fear them (respect yes).

Spiders on the other hand.......uggg...

i with you on both.....    snakes don't bother me as long as I can see them......   but spiders just freak me out inside.

Posted · Report post

They are contrary to popular belief not in the least slimy or icky, there skin is pretty soft and dry. And as dangerous as some may be, they are beautiful and accomplished survivors, excellent hunters and will leave you alone if you leave them alone.

The little one I caught with my bare hands. It is non venomous and at that size a bite would just be a few scratches.

That is what my daughter said.She said they are not slimy at all.

Posted · Report post

Look what I caught at my office today! It's a very small African Rock Python. Mommy gets up to 15 ft long.

Ah, Fez ... you're choking the little guy!  :taped:

Posted · Report post

Ah, Fez ... you're choking the little guy!  :taped:

Hey,,,,works for me.   :grin:

Posted · Report post

looks to me like he's got a pretty good grip on Fez...

Posted · Report post

lol.gif That is what I thought oo.Maybe a nice hug  twitch.gif

Posted · Report post

Unwinding him before I let him go was mildly interesting... When it's a Black or Green mamba or a Forest cobra life gets really interesting!

Posted · Report post

Unwinding him before I let him go was mildly interesting... When it's a Black or Green mamba or a Forest cobra life gets really interesting!

I thought they were very poisonous.Life threatening.

Posted · Report post

I thought they were very poisonous.Life threatening.

Yes they are. The black mamba is the most venomous snake in Africa, and the most aggressive. Depending on where you are bitten and how much venom they inject (they can control it), it can take from 30 minutes to an hour to die (not always, many people survive because of prompt attention to the bite).

Posted · Report post

That is so cool!!!

Posted · Report post

One kilometer from my front door this afternoon, taken by a friend of mine with the quaint name Ingelore. The Umfolozi river has come down in flood and the animals are feasting on the fish coming through!

11081144_10153263893057941_2598840291052

10441444_10153263939542941_1448527524603

Posted · Report post

One kilometer from my front door this afternoon, taken by a friend of mine with the quaint name Ingelore. The Umfolozi river has come down in flood and the animals are feasting on the fish coming through!

Wow, that's awesome!

Posted · Report post

11081319_10153263939272941_6954801923182

Posted · Report post

Wow, that's awesome!

Drew if you look hard in the distance you can see Fez swimming as fast as he can in the opposite direction . :happyhappy:

Posted · Report post

It's a really big croc Drew, could just about swallow a person whole....

Posted · Report post

Ha! I would be to

Posted · Report post

It's a really big croc Drew, could just about swallow a person whole....

I think I would stay in the house

Posted · Report post

IMG_7270_zpsaux1ins1.jpg

next month   Savannah here we come....

Posted · Report post

The birds were cool but the Crocs....no thanks  smiley-scared005.gif

Posted · Report post

IMG_7270_zpsaux1ins1.jpg

next month   Savannah here we come....

That is pretty...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0