other one

Photos we take

40 posts in this topic

looks to me like he's got a pretty good grip on Fez...

Unwinding him before I let him go was mildly interesting... When it's a Black or Green mamba or a Forest cobra life gets really interesting!

I thought they were very poisonous.Life threatening.

Yes they are. The black mamba is the most venomous snake in Africa, and the most aggressive. Depending on where you are bitten and how much venom they inject (they can control it), it can take from 30 minutes to an hour to die (not always, many people survive because of prompt attention to the bite).

It's a really big croc Drew, could just about swallow a person whole....

I think I would stay in the house

Would anyone be willing to teach me how to attach pictures? :)

Oh honey I am a major novice when it comes to computers but all I do is copy image and then paste.I search with Google Chrome and I think it makes a difference which search you use.There are several people on here who can help you.You might go over to the Tech forum and maybe they can help.

Snapped this today at work, I love my job. :D (it was much better in person, to bad I didnt have a better camera then my cell phone) 

bighorns_zpsw1waonwu.jpg

Stopped by the road to take this sunset.

As I was taking many pictures the clouds were changing shape. My last photo was this one. I was too much in awe, of the face, to take anymore snapshots.

TheFace.jpg

As I was taking many pictures the clouds were changing shape. My last photo was this one. I was too much in awe, of the face, to take anymore snapshots.

TheFace.jpg

Nice....  :thumbsup:

TheFace.jpg

Amazing photo. Right place at the right time!

Hubby took this on the way home from work in 2003.  He finally found it today.  Northern lights.  There is purple in the top right corner.  I'll see if this works19245775904_e5468c8d2d_k.jpgPICT0007 by Carole, on Flickr

Hubby took this on the way home from work in 2003.  He finally found it today.  Northern lights.  There is purple in the top right corner.  I'll see if this works19245775904_e5468c8d2d_k.jpgPICT0007 by Carole, on Flickr

Ohhh....those are gorgeous.Can't wait to see what heaven will be like.

FireplaceSmall.jpg

haven't posted here for a while.....            This is a long exposure of a fireplace that had one of those popping flairs while the shutter was open.

Quite by accident but it looked pretty cool.

wow, almost all the photos are not here any longer.....    and a lot of the posts are gone also.

I just discovered I still have server access to one of my websites that has been offline for years, and found this pic I uploaded in March of 2009. Was able to get pretty close, as she was not willing to abandon her nest:

hummingbird4web.jpg

Well, this formerly nice thread is so gutted, I thought that I would add a few things to make it visually appealing again. I do not want to monopolize it though, and my pics arent the best, so, others, be sure and contribute!

This one, is not that special, just a view looking south from my back balcony. The desert sure isn't the prettiest, but we get quite a few cloudy skies to add interest. 

balconysouth.jpg

Along the same line, not outstanding, but interesting clouds. In this case, I am standing in the street, looking North. this is a very wide angle view. To the right, you can see the white top of my ambulance, sitting in the driveway of my home. On the left side of the picture, you can see a house and a garage door, that is the same garage that the ambulance is sitting in front of. So, the picture is so wide, you can see all 6 homes on our cul-du-sac at the same time, but it is the clouds, that are the subject of the picture.

lookingnorth.jpg

Clicking on the pictures, should bring you a somewhat larger image.

10 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I just discovered I still have server access to one of my websites that has been offline for years, and found this pic I uploaded in March of 2009. Was able to get pretty close, as she was not willing to abandon her nest:

hummingbird4web.jpg

She is pretty.

1 hour ago, bopeep1909 said:

She is pretty.

What I think is neat, is how well made an tidy, tightly constructed, that nest is. If you look at it, you might recognize, that she made the nest of dryer lint of something - human fabric materials largely, a pretty good choice, much better for her tender hatch-lings that scratchy dead weeds I think. Now, consider her beak! She does not have the dexterity that we have with our 8 fingers and two thumbs, or 10 thumbs in mt case. If I wanted to see what it is like, to be in her state, I would have to get a pair of tweezers. Just imagine, making that nest out of pieces of scrap material, threads and lint, using just a pair of tweezers!

16 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

hummingbird4web.jpg

She is pretty.

This website is giving me fits.It is not letting me delete unwanted posts.

Yes,I think it is rather clever of her.Of course we can give all the credit to God.It that a humming bird?

I could use a nice pair of tweezers comparable to that beak :D

well, now I know where some of those missing posts went.

216122_346872502065842_86452989_n_zps3e6

I won't be painting this one:        see also one I took at an insect site

europaperwasps.jpg

bugguide.net is a very useful site! 

i take a lot of pictures of insects too. here's one of a jumping spider that lives on my back porch. 

IMG_0875_02.jpg

Edited by post