christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Life size barbie

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

Isaiah 6:8

Royal Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,873 posts
http://today.msnbc.m...y-today_people/

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts
:blink: Looks like her intestines went into her chest.

SavedByGrace1981

SavedByGrace1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
I don't think I'll comment on this thread . . .

Blessings!
-Ed

Royal Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,873 posts

:blink: Looks like her intestines went into her chest.

belt a bit tight me thinks?

Shiloh62

Shiloh62

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts
Man,thats one scary looking broad.

Song In The Night

Song In The Night

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
“Her proportions are not 100 percent correct, but her look is not invalid.”

Duh. Even I could tell she exagerated proportions to call attention to her cause, fight, speech, whatever it is she wants to call it. :rolleyes:

“As a pop-cultural icon, Barbie is often used as art to express one’s own personal opinions and views,” a Mattel spokesperson said in an email. “Girls see female body images everywhere today and it’s critical that parents and caregivers provide perspective on what they are seeing. It’s important to remember that Barbie is a doll who stands 11.5 inches tall and weighs 7.25 ounces — she was never modeled on the proportions of a real person.”

I don't know why people are still crying foul. About a decade ago, a group of bored soccer moms got together and actually pressured Matel into "decreasing" the size of Barbie's chest. They called Barbie a "freak." Flashbacks to my junior high and high school years. People yelled at me down the hallways, "freak!" You see, I had a very small waist, and a rather embarrassing large chest. So for these moms to get Barbie down to a size that they could be comfortable with (most likely out of envy), and not only that, but to call her a freak, was a slap in the face to me. I relived my school days when I saw that news broadcast. And now this. If that woman wants attention, the least she should do is get the proportions correct. I mean, look at the arms. You can tell that her proportions are seriously off ! It's ridiculous....

Now, what I think what would be truly scarey, is if THIS was walking around 6 feet tall !

Now THAT would be scarey and freakish !!! :o :laugh:

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts
Yikes! :blink:

Treasure

Treasure

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,818 posts
Ummm....hmmm

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,909 posts
The story is absurd. If you look at the pictures of Barbie and look at the life size model they made, it's nothing like each other.

Actually the proportions of Barbie matched my wife's when she was 18 when we first got married. Babies changed her a bit but she's still looks very good for a 60 year old goddess.

winsomebulldog

winsomebulldog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Her proportions are not 100 percent correct, but her look is not invalid.

Duh. Even I could tell she exagerated proportions to call attention to her cause, fight, speech, whatever it is she wants to call it. :rolleyes:

As a pop-cultural icon, Barbie is often used as art to express ones own personal opinions and views, a Mattel spokesperson said in an email. Girls see female body images everywhere today and its critical that parents and caregivers provide perspective on what they are seeing. Its important to remember that Barbie is a doll who stands 11.5 inches tall and weighs 7.25 ounces she was never modeled on the proportions of a real person.

I don't know why people are still crying foul. About a decade ago, a group of bored soccer moms got together and actually pressured Matel into "decreasing" the size of Barbie's chest. They called Barbie a "freak." Flashbacks to my junior high and high school years. People yelled at me down the hallways, "freak!" You see, I had a very small waist, and a rather embarrassing large chest. So for these moms to get Barbie down to a size that they could be comfortable with (most likely out of envy), and not only that, but to call her a freak, was a slap in the face to me. I relived my school days when I saw that news broadcast. And now this. If that woman wants attention, the least she should do is get the proportions correct. I mean, look at the arms. You can tell that her proportions are seriously off ! It's ridiculous....

Now, what I think what would be truly scarey, is if THIS was walking around 6 feet tall !

Now THAT would be scarey and freakish !!! :o :laugh:

Okay, no fair dragging Raggedy Ann into this! Her proportions are even more off than Barbie's! RA has no waist and no boobs. :taped:

:24:

My grandmother made me a set of Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls when I was really young. I drug that Raggedy Ann doll around with me everywhere. I also had all kinds of Barbies, and one lone Ken doll. (Poor guy!) Like one of the commenters on the original article, I never once looked at one of my Barbies and decided that she was what I ought to look like. It's a doll. Just like I never watched Wyle Coyote fall off a cliff or get flattened by an anvil or splat himself into a wall and thought, "Hey, I think I'll toss my dog/brother/sister/or any other living thing off the roof and see what happens." IT ISN'T REAL! People need to get a grip. Our children have awful body images and no self-esteem because parents are failing to teach them what is really important in life, not because of the toys they play with.

Song In The Night

Song In The Night

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Okay, no fair dragging Raggedy Ann into this! Her proportions are even more off than Barbie's! RA has no waist and no boobs. :taped:

:24:

:24: :24: :24:

My grandmother made me a set of Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls when I was really young. I drug that Raggedy Ann doll around with me everywhere. I also had all kinds of Barbies, and one lone Ken doll. (Poor guy!)

I'm sure Ken didn't mind..... :whistling:

Like one of the commenters on the original article, I never once looked at one of my Barbies and decided that she was what I ought to look like. It's a doll. Just like I never watched Wyle Coyote fall off a cliff or get flattened by an anvil or splat himself into a wall and thought, "Hey, I think I'll toss my dog/brother/sister/or any other living thing off the roof and see what happens." IT ISN'T REAL! People need to get a grip. Our children have awful body images and no self-esteem because parents are failing to teach them what is really important in life, not because of the toys they play with.

Nail. Head. :)

oldzimm

oldzimm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
That life size Barbie doesn't even come close to the doll proportions that my cousins Barbie dolls. Don't know much about Barbie, GI Joe was the toy of my childhood and all his cool accessories. I could never figure out how GI Joe got that scare under his eye, there has to be a story behind it, maybe some Kung Fu Barbie gave it to him. :noidea:

nick garai

nick garai
  • Members
  • 21 posts
LOL. As if that would be possible.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,812 posts
A little top heavy :whistling:

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network