Isaiah 6:8

Why I have chosen to be a Christian

36 posts in this topic

Demons are real!

I always thought I was saved since I believed in Jesus as long as I can remember. However, strange things would happen to me. I remember having weird dreams, and waking up with scratches or being hurt. This I blame on myself, which made more sense from the logical perspective so I always disregarded it. The ugly faces that would visit in the dark and torment me until I started to quote scripture. One of the first one I remembered was Luke 10:19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.    Eventually the entity would leave, but now I had problems with sleeping with my lights off, since it only seemed to occur in darkness. However, my light would blow out within days and close to night .So I started to use the hall light, same case scenario. The fear remained for a long time, and when there is a thunder storm, I admit it sometimes comes back. It was not until I was about 19 when it pretty much stopped. I was listening to a church radio pastor name Chuck Smith, when it finally hit me. I was not saved, so I said the sinner prayer and later made the public confession at Oasis, a church in LA.  I believe that is when it stopped, only occasionally hunts my dreams and if I am so how wavering strange thing began to happen so I almost immediately repent.

When I came to faith, I didn't really know what to expect so..

I don't think it was possible to put my faith in a word in the dictionary.

After I came to faith, I found out that love chose me. :)

On 8/24/2013 at 4:35 PM, DRS81 said:

When I came to faith, I didn't really know what to expect so..

I don't think it was possible to put my faith in a word in the dictionary.

After I came to faith, I found out that love chose me. :)

:thumbsup:

~

Simply

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Jesus

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12

John 6:44, No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

We are drawn by the Father, every man on Earth ever born, then we are free to decide, as freewill moral agents weather we want to believe or not!

As Simon Peter said to Jesus in John 6:68....."Lord to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life.."   

12 minutes ago, Gargamel Bojangles said:

whats Christian slang?

It's kind of like first aid item --- if you're a christian, and you break your arm, they may put it in a slang.

On 3/18/2016 at 8:54 PM, simplejeff said:

It's kind of like first aid item --- if you're a christian, and you break your arm, they may put it in a slang.

uhhhh,,,,ooook