christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

3-3-03

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

catsmeow

catsmeow

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,090 posts
FHA: I respect your position and at a heart level, agree completely. I am opposed to "scare tactics" because I felt like a total fool after the Y2K scare.

I haven't been the same since because I bought into the Y2K fable.

Still, I remember  how some prophets of God, such as Jeremiah were commanded to warn the people of what is to come.

Johah went to Ninevah to preach repentence - and because the people repented they were spared from disaster.

Fear tactics do appear to have a biblical precedent.

Yet, for  us as Christians - we are not given a spirit of fear. Those who's lamps are empty  of oil will not be ready and that day will come upon them suddenly, {much like the people in Noah's day}.

For them, it'll be business as usual. They won't know what hit them. For us, we won't be caught unaware. We are always vigilent and watching.

Who knows...perhaps on that day we are to have our lamps filled to the brim with the oil of the Lord and prepared to receive our Bridegroom.

So, I don't know that the warning is intended for those who walk with the Lord but for those who have not rended their hearts and minds.

Timothy

Timothy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

The WPT appeal, being circulated widely by other prayer groups and movements, says that March 3 is also a significant date in the Muslim world, marking the eve of the Islamic New Year and the last day of the annual pilgrimage to Mecca.

I thought this was on Feb 13th, not March 3rd.

tsth

tsth

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,564 posts
Amen traveller.

In His Love,
Suzanne

traveller

traveller

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,974 posts
The night that I briefly read the first page of this thread was one on the nights that I tossed and turned. I finally rolled over to look at the clock and I knew before I ever saw it what it said. Yep - -3:33. Go figure.
We have a thread called something in the air. several of us have felt something different lately. I know that I have. The spiritual world is active, and we, Christians, should all be in prayer. We are in historic times. Prophecy is being fullfilled before our eyes. Should we fear? No! It is sooo exciting to see the hand of God. I know that not everyone believes this, but I do and I think that my deliverer is coming.

Karen C.

Karen C.

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
:inlove:Thank you traveler.. It has bore witness in my spirit very strongly.

When the Lord say's "pray" I have come to understand  plain ol' obedience works best for me.

It is a spiritual thing.. some will be convinced in their spirit.

I'll be praying.. Sadaam may be looking like he is submitting to demands, but who is fooled by that? He could flip a script and drop a dirty any time..!

in Him, Karen :read:

Ovedya

Ovedya

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,630 posts

Thanks, GM...I had shared this with a pastor and he said it was not correct ....the Hajj ended on February 13th and not on the eve of March 2nd, as indicated here in this...

He told me not to believe everything I read; he was very nice about it but I felt kinda dumb after that.

It's not my intention to make anyone feel dumb, just as I'm sure was not the intention of your pastor. I just wanted folks to take a step back and "Selah" (pause and consider carefully) for a moment. The point is that we should pray anyway, right? Regardless of the time or season, we should just pray. No reason to get all wierd about it. :read:

Incidentally, I am always very careful about messages that end with "Send to everyone you know as soon as possible."

martyr

martyr

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
FHA, right on.  I guess it's safe to say you know what's going to happen.  That way, whatever happens you can say it's proof because you knew beforehand.  One thing about benny's statement though, it seemed that he wouldn't tell the people what was going to happen because their initial reaction would be to leave and pray. HMMMMMM.
I'll be praying on the 3rd, just like everyday.  I'm not so much into the numbers thing though(kind of like the Bible codes).  However, I do believe that there are some days that corporately as a body of believers should be set aside for fasting and prayer for specific things(world hunger relief, missions, etc...).
God bless you all.

Karen C.

Karen C.

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
:thumb: Thank you JohnS... I really didn't have time to look any further on this subject.. It just bore witness with me though.. Three different emails requesting the same thing to me is significant... Everything shall be established by two or three witnesses!?!

in HIM, Karen C.

Ovedya

Ovedya

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,630 posts
Sorry to be the eternal skeptic, but this hints very strongly of being an urban legend.  Remember the so-called gas ban last year?  That was an urban legend.  Yet a lot of people bought into it sight unseen.

Be careful what you buy into and be careful what you believe.  The Bible gives no significance to times, dates, or seasons for anything miraculous to happen.  So why 3-3-3?  The Trinity?  Superstition?  What will happen on 6-6-6 then?

For Him Alone

For Him Alone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

I personally will (and already have) pray that the Father's will be done. I can't possible know what is best for us, but He does. I trust in Him and His plan. I do, however, ask for mercy for this nation.

:thumb:
All we can ask is for patience and wisdom to accept His will. Oops, be careful praying for patience--I take that back! I don't like the answers I get when I pray for patience! bAD GIRL! bAD GIRL!

I'll pray the same thing I pray always, with the addition of a special prayer for our troops and their families and our leaders and their families.
I also pray for Christ to wait until my husband is saved before coming back! :inlove:

catsmeow

catsmeow

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,090 posts
Thx, Eric! :thumb:

GM: It still says that the Hajj ends March 2 and I was told by a reliable source it ended on Feb. 13th ....

So the info on it is suspect...

For Him Alone

For Him Alone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
quote sportster:
"I heard recently Benny Hinn talking about what God showed him is going to take place 'within the first three and a half months' of this year. He said if he told the folks in the crowd (at TBN),that they'd run out of there and get on their knees in prayer instantly."

BENNY HINN?
If he had anything real to report, he would have said it outright; not used these cheap scare tactics like the old Baptist preachers I used to need earplugs from. :read:
If folks are only on their knees out of fear, they aren't right in the heart anyway, and God certainly knows the difference...sorry but I don't like scare tactics and people trying to freak us out. It's NOT of the Lord and preys on people's human weakness to  think "someone knows" something the rest of us don't. SOME 'preachers' use this tactic as a way to make us think they are more powerful or closer to God than us "little" people, and it makes me angry.
:angry: Relax, sportster--your wife and your kids will be WITH you in heaven, and I don't know about you, but for ME? The sooner, the better! This world stinks!
C'mon, Jesus! :read:

catsmeow

catsmeow

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,090 posts
Hey, I think even the Catholics are in it...I think the Pope has declared that day a day of fasting ...I think...

Timothy

Timothy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
""Recent reporting indicates an increased likelihood that al Qaeda may attempt to attack Americans in the United States and or abroad in or around the end of Hajj, a Muslim religious period ending mid February 2003," said Attorney General John Ashcroft, who announced the change at a Justice Department news conference along with Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge and FBI Director Robert Mueller. "
That is from the CBS News web site.

Karen C.

Karen C.

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
:read: If it would help for this debate of this request for prayer..
This is a combo of TWO different ministries that the Holy Spirit has propted in this matter.

I never thought time spent in prayer would hurt a Christian... or cause us to think it was a hoax.. that is sad.

I thought prayer request would apply to you guys here.. my bad...
In Christ, Karen

wordsower

wordsower

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts
I'm fasting until tomorrow sunset, what do you think about this:

Jeremiah 33:3  'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

tsth

tsth

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,564 posts
Dear Cats,

You might want to go and take a look under the Prophecy thread.  There are some very powerful posts by RollinThunder on the Parable of the Virgins and a current one on the Parable of the Weeds.  They are very good.

In His Love,
Suzanne

catsmeow

catsmeow

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,090 posts
What? Live and walk in fear? Does'nt this sound like a tactic of the enemy?

Pray - yes! Of course we should but we are not given a spirit of fear.

I wont' speak against another preacher of God's Word but I'd be careful about who's advice you listen to.

Karen C.

Karen C.

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
Hi Rose.... here is what it said..

The World Prayer Team therefore calls on all Christian churches and individuals to set aside time to pray on 03-03-03 at 3:33 PM in their time zone.

Hope that helps...
in Him, Karen
:thumb:

tsth

tsth

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,564 posts
Hi KarenC,

I knew about this too and our church is participating in this. I'm surprised it had not been mentioned on this board sooner. I'm glad you did, for it had not even crossed my mind.     :???:

:read:

In His Love,
Suzanne

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network