Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The King James Bible controversy

29 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

]I was wondering how your research is going, because if Erasmus himself was not happy with his own contribution in 1 John 5:7, then it seems to

knock out everything KJOnlyists claim on his behalf?

Also there is absolutely no getting away from the fact that he was a Catholic, albeit a disgruntled one, and he believed in many tenets of Catholicism.

from what I have studied, his main beef was against the lives led by some of the leaders and dignataries in the Catholic tradition...so to say that

other bibles draw their theology from Catholicism is more of a pot-kettle-black syndrome.

Well i dont believe that Erasmus was a Catholic when he said "vile" things about the Catholic Religion.

In debating in this thread, and up till recently in the other one in the Controversy section...my main aim has not been to prove the King James Bible

wrong, but to show that along with every other translation it has strengths and weaknesses, and can be 'quirky', 'misleading', 'outdated' and 'poor'

in various passages and words employed in 17th century english.

The crux of the whole thing also revolves around the opposing strengths and weaknesses found in comparing the Majority Text against the Minor Text,

and so far I see very little difference that is note-worthy, despite the claims of people like Ruckman and Riplinger....so that takes me back to having

to refute the claims that the KJ translation is perfect.

95% of manuscripts agree with the Majority Text and 5% with the Minority Text

I don't believe King James biblical numerics carries the weight you seem to think it does, at least not in translation, although I believe there are definitely patterns

and spiritual mathematics going on in the words of G-d transmitted to man in both the Hebrew and the Greek, which help add a further dimension

in confirming the truth of the message. Every letter has weight and significance and is a mathematical revelation from the mind of G-d...the very

fact that both the Hebrew and the Greek support a numerical equivlence throughout the composition of their alphabets is itself an internal structure

that IMO is not overlooked by G-d and is utilised by the Holy Spirit.

The thing that will be hard for You to do is refute the Biblical Numerics Patterns that Only Exist Perfectly in the KJV English Bible and No Other English Versions. i have never seen anyone refute it, it is powerful witness to the work of God in the KJV Bible. Since the Modern Versions cant do the numerics then there is a Major Problem their.

In Hebraic thought, the study of numbers would probably be considered part of the 'sod' or hidden/secret methods behind the study of Scripture

that can open up new vistas and give a new and refreshing perspective that if treated properly leads to wonder and thus worship of the L-rd.

No doubts the Bible Numerics is in the Hebrew too, God can do in English what He did in the Hebrew.

Posted · Report post

Hi bro, I don't think we are going to progress any further with this, if you are in agreement I think we will end it now as I am pretty busy

and just don't have the time or the inclination to pursue this any further....let me know what you think..

Posted · Report post

Sorry for not getting back to this sooner, i was thinking that we should end this debate too.

Posted · Report post

No worries....ended.

Thanks for taking part.