christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Depression and suicide

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

Jean74

Jean74
  • Members
  • 86 posts
Know the feeling as been there and done that. As have to take medication for my depression and asbergers. And seek counseling help. It is just the right kind of counseling and help that needs to be sought. It took me a very long time to discover that and experience with that. Praying for those of you all and your families that suffer with you!

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

I too have battled depression and suicidal thoughts,

my testimony and a song from my third album..

http://www.worthychr...-and-salvation/

Give it Time
Verse 1 - :20 - :59
Depression, it's a beautiful struggle / but all i really wanna do is pop this bubble / picking myself up but i seem to stumble / why do you persecute a heart that's humble / is this a test, because i'm out of luck / walking in filth, sleeping in muck / i can't think anymore, what the **** / trying to fly away but my feet are stuck / it hurts to move but i need to be a man / facing my pain with a master plan / is it ok if i put it in God's hands / hoping that he gives me a place to land / on my own two like i'm suppose to do / depression hits even the chosen few.../ depression hits even the chosen few / depression...

Verse 2 - 1:00 - 1:38
Everybody reading this i want you to know / don't ever give up, use depression to grow / i know, i know it's like a gigantic undertow / but God is here know matter how low you go / the mind can deceive you with negative thoughts / it tricks you into thinking that your better off lost / the lack of energy, it comes with a cost / the illness has now become your boss / just know that everyday you are worthy to live / seek help from people who are looking to give / their time, their energy and attention with this / shedding teardrops back into this abyss / allow me to lean over and give you a kiss / light shines behind the apocalypse / light shines behind the apocalypse / light shines, light shines

Verse 3 - 1:39 - 2:19
The truth is shattered into a thousand pieces / the mind can deceive you, but never will Jesus / he shines through weakness, peep the thesis / he wasn't just a man, he was God with secrets / the one man that suffered beyond all measure / humility, shame, everything under the weather / he shed his blood so we can strive for better / his blood is stamped on every single love letter / coming to grips with your own pain is knowledge / he conquered death, we can at least pay homage / poetry is teaching me to never be dishonest / his blood is ink, the bible is college / the fire of love, the prophet of peace / hold on tight because depression's a beast / hold on tight because depression's a beast / hold on, hold on...

Verse 4 - 2:19 - 3:00
At the end of this tunnel, light beams shine through / so allow me to paint this horizon for you / deep shades of orange and magnificent blue / stay pro-active with everything you do / i'm a survivor, poet, an architect of life / i know how the illness can cut like a knife / keep walking, stay strong inside the fight / and one day you will shine as bright as the night / depression can't be seen through the outer shell / we suffer on the inside and it hurts like hell / because our friends and family feel compelled / to spit venom and throw us back down the well / if you think they hate you then it's all in your head / they love you and wanna see you strive instead / help yourself first, take baby steps / i love you so let's get out of bed - DRS81

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,178 posts

As a man speaks,so is he                                                                                  Pubiliius Syrus

"For as he thinketh in his heart,so is he.Eat and drink saith he to thee,but his heart is not with thee"   Proverbs23

We have the both the power of life and death in our tongue                                    God bless you,Kwik

Edited by kwikphilly, 30 August 2013 - 09:30 AM.

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,502 posts

I too believe the enemy is after the people of God.  He will use anything to destroy His people.  I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that our only answer is Jesus.  When His touch is in our lives we can and will overcome any  of the fiery darts that he throws our way.  If you are not a believer so many times he will over take people.   They see no hope and no way out.  My heart breaks for those people.  Some come to the call of Jesus, other know the answer and still refuse to cry out for His grace in their lives. For them they continue the slide down into the trap of Satan.  I encourage all who are now suffering from this to get into the word, get into a good church that preaches the gospel and the hope for all of us.  I too know what it is to feel that darkness, but I know too I am not in alone and never will be.

tamil

tamil
  • Members
  • 6 posts

ive lived with depression since high school. i do smokes drugs cutting drinking u name it. 

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,178 posts

Dear tamil,

Is Jesus your Lord & Savior....I only ask because I only read your 1st post and not because of your confession of the bondage that you are living in....You see,even after I asked Jesus to be my Lord & Savior I was still living in the world too,I was not willing to be delivered...it was a slow transformation that the desires of my heart began to change and only when I fully submitted to my Lord and committed myself to Him was I delivered......I thank God that He did a renewing of my heart and mind even though I resisted but I could have spared myself alot of unnecessary pain and suffering had I let go of my reservations....but I guess I would not be able to help those that He has called me to if He had not allowed me to go through the things I did.....but it was by His mercy only,He did not have to let me wake up to see a new day the many times I should not have.......

We have no guarantee that we will live to see a new day ,it doesn't mean you are not saved but the quality of life you are living is not what God has to offer.....those are all open doors that make you vulnerable to attack by the enemy,he is a liar and takes every opportunity to tell you you are worthless,hopeless and helpless....get into the Word of God and talk to Him,get into fellowship with encouraging uplifting Christians,join a church....drugs lead you into isolation and that is just where the enemy wants you.....You are in my prayers,read His Word and Know how precious you are to the Lord,Jesus sacrificed Himself for you that you need not suffer,that you are worthy to the Father.....you are so loved and your body is the temple of the Lord and to be treated as such........ask Jesus to do what you cannot or will not...He is your Savior here on earth as well as the promise of heaven

With love in Christ-Kwik

Mike

Mike

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Depression is really hard to deal with!!! I know how it is!! :( I had depression for a week when I first found out my mom was getting tested for Thyroid Cancer but God freed me from the Depression and filled my life with Peace and Comfort the day that my mom told me that she was diagnose on Sunday!!! :)

God bless you guys!!!!

bobntn

bobntn
  • Members
  • 5 posts
I got ptsd after several tours in Iraq, after a while I got depression secondary to ptsd. I know how it feels and will pray for you

gley

gley
  • Members
  • 6 posts

the greatest contributors of depression are loneliness and hurt. how i wish all people could have someone for them all the way.

gley

gley
  • Members
  • 6 posts

the greatest contributors of depression are loneliness and hurt. how i wish all people could have someone for them all the way.

gley

gley
  • Members
  • 6 posts

vywolf

vywolf
  • Members
  • 12 posts

I have lived with depression for a long time, and medications have not helped me with it.  It is kind of sad..I have sort of gotten myself into a mindset of just "coping" with it.  Sure, I can function and even enjoy life a little, but in all honesty, life feels pretty empty.  Oddly enough my medications are what cause my depression to get worse, but I have to take them due to OCD, anxiety, and tourrete's syndrome.  I understand your pain, I really do.  When people hurt me, I often get suicidal ideation where I think about my funeral and it seems like everytime I pray and ask for a painless death and to cross over.  I have wished upon myself to have an incurable disease and waste away...yeah, it gets that bad.  I don't have advice for you, but I think people are correct when they talk about prayer.  Pray for yourself and have friends pray for you.  There is no easy fix or a cure for depression, we just learnt o cope, and with time, therapy, and usually medications we can start to see the sunshine again and have more pleasant thoughts.  I didn't want to concern anyone, but thought I should be honest because people just don't seem to understand true clinical depression, if only they could see how dark it truly is..the tears..the loneliness...and even from others, the stigma and hurt...

Love is alive

Love is alive

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

The answer is always found in scripture.

Pro 16:3 Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.

Amen!!!!

Daniel.Danford

Daniel.Danford
  • Members
  • 34 posts

I thought early in my life I could never be depressed, after all I loved life way tooooo much for that sort of thing.  My Idea of a good time would be heading to Mexico for 21 days straight of surfing/camping or heading to the racetrack to run my bikes or heading to the mountains to do some climbing / hiking and more camping in the Sierras..  Then back in 2008 I had a bad get off at the racetrack and broke 5 bones and suffered multiple other injuries, I thought I was going to be fine in a few weeks, but what I didn't realize was how much damage I had done to my body over the years, especially when it came to head trauma.   Since that accident I was just struggling to keep myself on 2 feet, let alone race my bikes or do much of anything else, but I tried, I did everything I could to get back into race shape.. Then in 2011 I collapsed, multiple subdural hematoma's in my brain.

After this I was unable to function as normal and after multiple MRI's and EEG's they discovered I have a severe seizure disorder along with a laundry list and pretty severe brain damage, along with back and neck trauma.

I can barely feel my legs today, but I still have use of them, they get used more like peg legs, they said too risky to try to fix any damage as it has massed and no room for error, they can believe I still walk heheh "never give up"..

I still have my last race bike in the garage, collecting dust, and its hard to overcome the depression of not being able to do what I once enjoyed, but in 2011 I was shown something so much greater, that I don't think I could really get depressed again.

I believe if anything im more depressed that the accident didn't finish me than anything, but I feel as if I was given a second chance to brush up on history here and do my best to study the Bible and all it's glory, I found we are just in class here, and we want to do well on the final exam as it has serious consequence and I want to do my best to rank up before I get there..  There Is no cheating, I just hope I get to save a life to help as many and learn as much as I can before he call's me for the test once again..  I want an A+ and I want to earn my wings!

and to all the other beautiful posts above, thank you as well.....

God Bless!!!

Daniel.

2Joyful

2Joyful

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,672 posts

Zap!! That's the way I use to feel concerning depression.

Sometimes it would appear the moment my eyes opened...or later...I could be in a merry and positive mood...then... Zap...this cloud seen to come over me and my day would be done.

I have been delivered...well... (I look at depression)...somewhat as people doing AA meetings. They know their challenge

...but is fighting to the bone for victory. Hi, my name is Joyful...I'm challenged by depression...but...I live a healthy and rewarding life.

Now...when it appears...I speak the word of Lord over myself and continue on...its hard...but I refuse to buy into that its going to be a bad day...simply because I'm depressed. It becomes a great day...because...number one...I get out of bed...second...I tell my family, friends,boss and co workers...its nothing they have done...number three...this too will pass at some point...four... I complete tasks at work...five...I share the good news of the Lord (no matter how I feel) and lastly...I take one day at a time.

danieldb

danieldb
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Psa 18:2  The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

1Co 15:58  Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

In my life as a Christian some of the greatest rewards have happened after the most brutal struggles. I mean gun-pressed-against-my-head brutal. Look at the trials you undergo as miniature versions of your overall progress towards Jesus and home. The darkness is going to be overwhelming at times (especially as dawn approaches), but greater is he who is in you than he who is in this world. You are ultimately destined for the arms of Jesus, for HOME!

For the JOY set before him, Jesus suffered the shame and torture of the cross. Remember the JOY awaiting you! This world is an incredibly distressing place! The law has shown us our hearts, our true condition, and we are wretched! But God's heart is not hardened against us. We sin and sin, and yet how he loves us! How much does he love us? "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" Nailed to the cross for us, he experienced that same feeling we know so well -- the feeling of being lost, terrified, and helpless, without even God to help! But God had not forsaken His Son at the moment, and neither does he forsake his sons and daughters still living (and dying) in this world. Jesus prayed that the Father would protect us from the evil, and that is exactly what He is doing.

If this world breaks your heart, you are SANE.

Psa 34:17  The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
Psa 34:18  The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
Psa 34:19  Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.
Psa 34:20  He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.
Psa 34:21  Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.
Psa 34:22  The LORD redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.

gray wolf

gray wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

I have lived with depression for a long time, and medications have not helped me with it. It is kind of sad..I have sort of gotten myself into a mindset of just "coping" with it. Sure, I can function and even enjoy life a little, but in all honesty, life feels pretty empty. Oddly enough my medications are what cause my depression to get worse, but I have to take them due to OCD, anxiety, and tourrete's syndrome. I understand your pain, I really do. When people hurt me, I often get suicidal ideation where I think about my funeral and it seems like everytime I pray and ask for a painless death and to cross over. I have wished upon myself to have an incurable disease and waste away...yeah, it gets that bad. I don't have advice for you, but I think people are correct when they talk about prayer. Pray for yourself and have friends pray for you. There is no easy fix or a cure for depression, we just learnt o cope, and with time, therapy, and usually medications we can start to see the sunshine again and have more pleasant thoughts. I didn't want to concern anyone, but thought I should be honest because people just don't seem to understand true clinical depression, if only they could see how dark it truly is..the tears..the loneliness...and even from others, the stigma and hurt...

I'm right there with you having been on disabilty for many years for depression. I take so many meds they won't need to embalm me one day. The meds and therapy have not worked, nor has electroconvulsive therapy. The toll it takes on your loved ones is also terrible. It is truly an unholy ghost!

Rakael

Rakael
  • Members
  • 12 posts

I think my depression started when my parents got seperated. Well, a bit after really, when Is saw how things were evolving. How my mother isn't able to cope with the separation until now, how things have changed in my life. Depression came slowly and is still there every day. I think it's also because I always feel like and outcast...Depression is hard! I don't know how I can heal...

anthonyjmcgirr

anthonyjmcgirr

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

I suffered from panic attacks and depression for a long time after my dad was killed and really the only thing that worked (besides talking with and confiding in a friend) was listening to worship music.  You cannot be sad and depressed when listening to beautiful worship.  The bible says that God inhabits the worship of His people and peace will radiate throughout your body. It is amazing.  I've tried anti-depression meds and they only made it worse...so bad I almost committed suicide.  I got addicted to painkillers because they made me feel good, but knew I would die if I stayed on them.  Now, my focus is not on my past and what happened back then, but my future, on God and keeping my eyes focused on the prize.  Just like when Peter got to walk on water...he could do it as long as he kept his eyes focused on Christ.  But when he turned his eyes away and saw the storm, wind and waves, he began to sink.  Focus on Christ and He will transform you. I haven't had a panic attack in a few months now. 

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network