christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lonely and weary tonight

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

peacefulwidow

peacefulwidow
  • Members
  • 14 posts
It has been a little over 3 months since my husband passed away. I must say that during this time I think God has met all my needs and perhaps then some. But tonight I am really missing him.
And am weary both in mind and spirit.

Over all I am doing fairly well. I just need some extra "we'll be praying for you"'s tonight.

2Joyful

2Joyful

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts
Greetings Peaceful,

Three months or three years..When someone dear to us die..it is never a easy thing..but..in due time..you will be able to look back and smile at the little things..they said or did.. and thank God for blessing that person to come into your life. I pray that you will allow the Lord who has met your needs and some..also be the Lord who will give you perfect peace..through this transition that has happened in your life. Just remain encouraged, continue to pray and rest assured that God is right there for everything you need at this moment.

And to answer your question..you are never alone.

God bless you,
Joyful

peacefulwidow

peacefulwidow
  • Members
  • 14 posts
Thank you for your sweet words and prayers Joyful. He will continue to provide just as He has

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,901 posts
Praying~!

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,319 posts
Praying for you.
Love Nigel.

nChrist

nChrist

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,996 posts
You will be in my prayers. May God give you peace and comfort like only He can give.

AnOrangeCat

AnOrangeCat
  • Members
  • 39 posts
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

peacefulwidow

peacefulwidow
  • Members
  • 14 posts
Once again thank you. He has been so faithful to me in this journey

Stan53

Stan53

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
I have prayed for you sister. Trust God, but it only being three months, let yourself grieve. Marriage is to death do us part, but it doesn't say that will be easy to do. I know you know all this, please be encouraged.

combat68w

combat68w
  • Members
  • 59 posts
I'm praying for you peaceful widow. May God comfort and tend to you.

jude22kjv

jude22kjv
  • Members
  • 16 posts
My Father lost his life as a lineman working on power lines back in 1962 for our local electric company. I was 4 at the time. I really just remember him by the memorys of those that really knew him., the storys they told me. I think about him a lot even now as I am over double the age he made it too. It is like I miss someone I never really got to know or at least can't remember, other than the storys his friends share with me. They miss him as well. After much thought, and trying to figure this out in my own situation I came to this conclusion on the facts I know about him and from what I am a firm beliver in of what the Bible tells us.
1. I believe he was a true beliver in Christ Jesus before and at the time of his physical death
2. I believe my father is in heaven at this very moment for the rest of all eternity.
3. I don't believe his death was just an accident but rather at that very instant in time he lost his physical life, God was usuring Him to his final destination,"Heaven".
4. I do believe that my father's physical life ended at the exact moment that God had predestined for him, possibly before this world we live in was even spoke into existance.
5, Finally, I believe we possibly don't ever stop missing them, but in time we, with God's help, get through it. learn to deal with it better, cry out to God on a more regular basis, realize they have just gone on to a much better place where we will meet them again someday. Then God reminds us we are not the only one that is missing that very specail person that was near and dear to our hearts, and we are not alone in this either. God places other people exactly in your path to help you down a road you are unfamiliar with,, having a hard time navigating.. He ( God) is always just a whisper away! One of my favorite verses, I remind myself with is, Johua 1 verse 9 Have I not commended thee? Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Another really cool thing when speaking about God's promises,,,, Hebrews 6 verse 18 tells us all it is impossible for God to lie. Oh ,, and we must remember Jesus Himself makes intercession for us 24/7,,, like all the time!

jude22kjv

Edited by jude22kjv, 07 December 2012 - 10:00 AM.

Peace Maker Tony

Peace Maker Tony

• PipPip
  • 108 posts
I see this post was started back in June, but I've added you to my prayers in case you still need some. God bless!

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network