christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Extra terrestrial life on other planets.

* * * - - 2 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
376 replies to this topic

Hall7

Hall7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
Does anyone here believe of the possibility of life on other planets? I don't think the Bible mentions anything abou that. Could it be that God created life on other planets? And if He did I wonder if evil exists on these planets. Any ideas?

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts
Gen 3:20And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

Hall7

Hall7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Gen 3:20And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

But doesn't that mean the mother of all living things "on this Earth"?

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

Why didn't God put those words in the text? Because it should be assumed? Or maybe it doesn't apply? Without God telling me, I cannot know. I simply believe that Eve was the mother of all living as it states without adding to scripture. If you find other scripture that declares something different, please share it that I may learn. The basic problem I have is that the imaginations of a mans heart are wicked from his youth and it is through the imagination that Satan adds to scripture or takes away from it to twist the truth and destroy believers. Following a train of thought that begs to fill in the blanks, reading between the lines is asking for trouble.

"does anyone here believe in the possibility that...." Cast out the line to the imagination of men will eventually get you a bite.

Gary

Hall7

Hall7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
I'm not adding anything to scriptures.

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

Where did the words in bold above come from then? What book, chapter and verse?

Gary

Hall7

Hall7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Where did the words in bold above come from then? What book, chapter and verse?

Gary

Doesn't it mean that she was the mother of all living things on this Earth because that's where Adam and Eve lived? "on this Earth"?. I don't think it means the mother of all living things in "the Universe"Don't you think so?

Edited by Hall7, 26 June 2012 - 12:35 AM.

Jayyycuuup

Jayyycuuup

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts
Anything is possible, (to a certain extent of course) But I am led to believe there is not life on other planets...........
Leviticus 18:26
"Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you" (I believe that the 'stranger' that is talked about in the Bible are fallen angels, my opinion of course)
(2 Peter 3:7,10; Revelations 21:1). "All the stars and planets will be destroyed, along with the Earth."
The timetable (and the whole reason) for this destruction and re-creation is based on God's plan for us Earthlings. If God had created intelligent life on other worlds, it is hard to imagine that their lives would be calibrated by the failures of Earth's inhabitants. It seems unlikely and unfair that their distant planets would be destroyed by because of us. The implication of Scripture is that there are no other intelligent beings besides man, animals, and the angels (good and bad)

Edited by your friend Jacob, 26 June 2012 - 02:15 PM.

OldShep

OldShep

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Does anyone here believe of the possibility of life on other planets? I don't think the Bible mentions anything abou that. Could it be that God created life on other planets? And if He did I wonder if evil exists on these planets. Any ideas?

What is LIFE?

Fossil remains found on other planets?

D-9

D-9

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

I believe in life on other planets. There may even be other life in our solar system; Europa, one of the moons of Jupiter, is thought to have liquid water below the surface. And it is also thought to have internal heating because of tidal forces from Jupiter expanding and contracting the core creating heat that can get to these subsurface oceans via hydrothermal vents. It may only be microbial life, but there could exist, in some form, what we would call fish.

If not in our solar system, definitely elsewhere in the galaxy and beyond.

GojuBrian

GojuBrian
  • Members
  • 61 posts

I don't know. I don't believe anyone really knows. I don't really believe it makes a difference either.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,517 posts
I don't try and second guess God.

What is, is, and what is His will, is His will.

And as an aside, I struggle daily to find intelligent life next door to me, (have you guys read a newspaper lately?), let alone on the planet Zork....

Sevenseas

Sevenseas

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts
You mean Star Trek isn't real? :hmmm:

I would not say there is and I would not say there isn't. I believe the reference to Eve refers to the planet on which
she was made/lived/died. I don't see a reason to believe it meant the universe........BUT......

I did state I would not say yay or nay cause I don't knw

etc

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,307 posts
well, I usually bring this up when this subject arises. Angels live somewhere.... both the good ones and the bad..... And we know that sometime in the end of the age that they (the bad ones) are going to be forced onto planet earth.... ET's depends on your defination of the word.

little green men from Mars........ no I think they are grey, but it doesn't appear that they are form Mars.

Hall7

Hall7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

What is LIFE?

I mean life as other human beings, or at least close to what a human being looks like. I'm wondering about that due to the plan of human creation that went kind of wrong for this planet. Although we were given a second chance after the flood, there were survivors to repopulate the Earth. The only problem with this planet is that satan has inherited it. So who's to say that God didn't try that plan again on some other planet where evil cannot affect it? If that is the case I would think that ppl living on it would have very pure spirits, like the way Adam and Eve were at first before the fall. Anyways, just speculations.

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

What is LIFE?

I mean life as other human beings, or at least close to what a human being looks like. I'm wondering about that due to the plan of human creation that went kind of wrong for this planet. Although we were given a second chance after the flood, there were survivors to repopulate the Earth. The only problem with this planet is that satan has inherited it. So who's to say that God didn't try that plan again on some other planet where evil cannot affect it? If that is the case I would think that ppl living on it would have very pure spirits, like the way Adam and Eve were at first before the fall. Anyways, just speculations.

Speculation such as this based upon the information provided by you makes me wonder whether or not you truly understand what God is doing here on earth. Man was not created to remain sinless. Man was created so that an invisible God could be revealed unto his creation and declare the power, glory and majesty among others things of an incredibly wonderful and benevolent being. God never made any mistakes but created everything with a perfectly calculated plan that would both bring about and expose evil for what it is and finally destroy evil forever. Jesus is the lamb who was slain before the foundation of the world.

Gary

Hall7

Hall7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

What is LIFE?

Speculation such as this based upon the information provided by you makes me wonder whether or not you truly understand what God is doing here on earth. Man was not created to remain sinless. Man was created so that an invisible God could be revealed unto his creation and declare the power, glory and majesty among others things of an incredibly wonderful and benevolent being. God never made any mistakes but created everything with a perfectly calculated plan that would both bring about and expose evil for what it is and finally destroy evil forever. Jesus is the lamb who was slain before the foundation of the world.

Gary

I was refering to this when i said that not everything went according to plan at first:
Genesis Chapter 6
5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

But yes, like you said there is a greater plan for us now. :)

Hall7

Hall7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

your friend Jacob and Gary have given the scriptures...........................

Good enough. There are no E.T's out there.

If you want to connect those nice pictures of alien craft we have with supernatural demonic encounters then that would be a good theory. Space craft seen defy physics and never seen to go anywhere. Most encounters describe the same experience that people have when dealing with a real devil. Frozen in place for example.

Alien aircraft have been described as being dirty inside, unkept. The devil.

Eze describes what possibly could be part of Satan's operation of space like craft.
We don't know............... and it's hard to discount all the physical evidence of these sightings, but from other planets? Nope...

Be blessed.

Where did you hear that alien aircrafts have been described as dirty inside, unkept? And what does have to do with being evil because it's dirty? :confused:

Jayyycuuup

Jayyycuuup

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts
Hall 7 that is a good point... I read his post, but apparently overlooked that small detail. I am also wondering the same thing.......
I tried to phrase, and find, at least something through a web search, but came up empty.Soooo believeinhim please explain!!!

Edited by your friend Jacob, 26 June 2012 - 09:01 PM.

Hall7

Hall7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
There must be another planet or other dimension where God and His angels live don't you all think so? Paradise must be another planet I would think.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network