christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Iran leader: We must prep for 'end of times'

* * * * * 1 votes An OP by Reza Kahlili

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

Parker1

Parker1

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,123 posts
Iran’s supreme leader, for the first time, is telling his nation that it must prepare for war and “the end of times” as it continues to develop nuclear weapons.
State-owned media outlets, in a coordinated effort, all ran a similar story Friday highlighting Ayatollah Ali Khamenei’s message on the coming of the last Islamic messiah.
Until now, the Iranian media would mostly quote clerics from seminaries on the issue of the last Islamic messiah to avoid the regime being labeled messianic. However, the wide publication of Khamenei’s statements on a need to prepare for the end of times as it confronts the West over its illicit nuclear program is alarming to Western leaders.
“The issue of Imam Mahdi is of utmost importance, and his reappearance has been clearly stated in our holy religion of Islam,” Khamenei said. We must study and remind ourselves of the end of times and Imam Mahdi’s era. … We must prepare the environment for the coming so that the great leader will come.”
Shiite theology holds that great wars must engulf the Earth, during which one-third of the world’s population will die in the fighting and another third from hunger, lawlessness and havoc. Israel is to be destroyed, and only then will the 12th imam, Mahdi, reappear and kill all the infidels, raising the flag of Islam in all corners of the world.
Under the guidance of Khamenei, several centers have been established in Iran on research and information on the coming of Mahdi, and a conference is held annually on Mahdiism.
“Today we have a duty to prepare for the coming. … If we are the soldiers of the 12th imam, then we must be ready to fight,” Khamenei said.
“With the guidance of Allah and His invisible help, we shall make the Islamic civilization proud on the world stage. … This is our destiny. … The youth, the faithful must prepare themselves for this great move.”
Referring to the Quran, Khamenei said the coming has been promised by Allah. “There will come a time when all the oppressive powers of the world will be destroyed and humanity will be enlightened in the era of Imam Mahdi.”
As reported recently, the regime has distributed the booklet “The Last Six Months” among its military forces in preparation for the coming and its confrontation with the West. The material admonishes the Revolutionary Guards and the Basij paramilitary forces that they must be prepared to do their duties during the expected war.
The Revolutionary Guards’ media outlet, Mashregh, on Sunday warned Israel and America that they will have to guess as to what type of warhead the Iranian missiles will be carrying when targeting them.
In its lengthy piece, Mashregh discussed Iranian missile capability and the devastation it can wreak on potential enemies. Referring to U.S. military bases in the region, it said that in recent war games, ballistic missiles with cluster warheads destroyed targets similar to air bases and fighter craft hiding under hangers.
The piece boasts that the two-stage solid-fuel Sejil missile can pierce through Israel’s missile defense system and has had “the Zionists losing sleep.”
After a decade of negotiation with Iran, the West has yet to make any inroads in stopping the regime’s illicit nuclear program.
The latest report by the International Atomic Energy Agency indicated Iran continues to enrich uranium at both the Natanz and Fordow facilities and now has enough nuclear material for at least five nuclear weapons. The regime has denied an IAEA request for inspection of a military facility where it is believed Iran conducted secret experiments of an implosion-type nuclear weapon.
While a majority of Iranians oppose the mullahs’ brutal regime, Western sanctions have not curtailed its pursuit of nuclear weapons, which not only could lead to the collapse of the global economy but the killing of tens of millions of innocent civilians, including those in Iran. There is a video within the article.

bornagain2011

bornagain2011

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
It seems like some pieces of the puzzle are falling into place. This would deffinently catagorize as a rumor of war. A nuclear or atomic bomb? That is not a fun way to go. But whatever takes me "home".

That is so crazy! The Jews are saying their messiah is here as well. Wonder if the Jews and Islamics can give any specific names as to who they think their messiah's are? Will the Jews believe that the Islamic messiah is theirs as well?? This whole thing sort of confuses me!

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,538 posts
The zohar tells the Jewish that the messiah will come in 5773 which starts in September of this year.... so he would have to be alive now.

As for Iran getting ready for prophecy, from what I read in Ezekiel they should be getting ready to die.

bornagain2011

bornagain2011

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
5773? Sorry, I am pretty ignorant on this topic! LOL!

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,624 posts

5773? Sorry, I am pretty ignorant on this topic! LOL!

Try this site.

http://www.hebcal.co...idays/2012-2013

or this one

http://antipas.net/heb_cal_2012-13.htm

bornagain2011

bornagain2011

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
So 5773 is the year they believe he will come? They have alreay started practicing sacrifices with live animals, does that count as the start of their sacrifices in the Bible? PETA is mad at them and it went to court, but the Jewish people won! The judge ruled that slitting a goat's neck is no less human than doing it in a factory.

Bold Believer

Bold Believer

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,628 posts
Why kill a goat or a lamb...THEY HAVE A LAMB. They just need to believe on that Sacrifice.

rjp34652

rjp34652

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
THANK YOU PARKER for your post. I think everyone ought to consider these things seriously.

I have nothing to say to contradict your text at all, but I'd like to add a little background if I may.

Iran's Ayatollah Ali Khamenei wears two hats. He IS Iran's supreme leader as Parker has stated. The Ayatollah holds top political as well as religious status. President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is his subordinate. The political structure of Iran is NOT democratic. Think of the position of the Roman Catholic pope in the middle ages who held supreme religious duties and could command armies as well.

In the latter part of the seventh century Islam split into two major factions; Shia and Sunni. Actually there are several separate groups, but for most purposes we should consider that Shia Islam is centered in Iran with the Ayatollah as its head. Its very strange, but the religious and political structure of Shia or Shiite Islam is remarkably similar to the Roman Catholic version of Christianity. Depending upon which statistic you look at Shia Islam accounts for a little over 15% of the worlds Muslims.

80% of the world's Muslims are Sunni. The Sunni variant is very similar to Protestant Christianity. You won't really find a Big Kahuna anywhere telling Sunnis what to do. A fatwa, or religious declaration, can be issued by any prelate in the Sunni world whereas only the Ayatollah does that in the Shia world. There are exceptions, of course, but this is mostly how things are done

When the reader does his or her research on current events or eschatological issues, one's notes should have a separate heading when it comes to Muslim politics and religious assertions.

Remember; Shia/Shiite are like Roman Catholics and Sunnis are like Protestants.

Bearing that in mind we can proceed to Muslim prophecy. Shias believe that a man will come, or more correctly return, who will unite Muslims and encourage all the world to convert to their way of thinking (Not necessarily worship since Islam does not acknowledge the possibility that man can 'know' God as Christians do. Muslims pray and give thanks. They do not actually worship since one cannot properly worship that which one does know.) This man will hold the position of twelfth Imam. Remember the split I mentioned earlier? The last guy to hold that position was the eleventh Imam (who disappeared at an early age under mysterious circumstances). Shias believe that the man known as Mohammad al-Mahdi will return and be the twelfth Imam. Therefore they are called twelvers. The Ayatolla is a twelver as is President Imanutjob.

Sunni Muslims aren't really looking forward to a peaceful reunion with their religious bretheren. Theirs is the way of the gun and the sword. Always has been. They are quite busy manipulating the western powers into doing their dirty work for them. The most current example is the debacle in Syria. The Syrian rebels, mostly al-Qaeda (which was originally created by the USA) are being funded and supplied by Saudi Arabia and Qatar. The monies and equipment are channeled through the offices of the Syrian National Committee (or congress) in Istanbul. From there, by devious ways, the bombs and guns make their way to the cities and battlefields of Syria. The battle there is really a conflict between Shia President Assad and Sunni leadership in the Persian Gulf. Look it up.

Back to Muslim prophecy. The flag of Saudi Arabia is green with a sword and Shahada. The Shahada is arabic words written on the flag with the statement of Muslim faith; "There is no god but Allah and Mohammad is His prophet". The flag of al-Qaeda is the same, but with a black background. Is this similarity circumstantial? hmmm The flag of the twelvers is also black, but with a few variations (google black flag of Islam). In a museum in Istanbul is kept the original sword of the prophet Muhammad that he carried into battle. His green and red battle flag is there too.

It is said that when the green and black flags of Islam are joined in battle under the leadership of al-Mahdi, none will be able to resist. Guess where the armies will be headed?

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by rjp34652, 18 August 2012 - 10:00 AM.

peacefulwidow

peacefulwidow
  • Members
  • 14 posts
Just wanted to bump this up a bit. Yesterdays there were repeated calles from Iran for the destruction of Isreal. And Isreal apparently is a preparatory mode for a strike against Iran.
Things could get quite interesting in the next few weeks

rjp34652

rjp34652

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Israel will not attack Iran. Not for a while, anyway.
The real issue there is not Israel vs. Muslim, but Sunni vs. Shia - Saudi Arabia & Qatar vs. Iran and its client states (Syria & Lebanon).

Since the Saudis have been providing resources for the unrest in Syria and since the US created and directed al Qaeda ground forces appear to have worn down the Assad regime, the conflict in that country may soon be resolved. On the horizon as the ultimate target of Saudi designs for war is Iran. Look for war with Iran. It is problematic at this time whether the United States may or may not be involved in that ground war. My guess is that because America is hooked on Saudi oil, we'll do what our masters in Riyadh tell us to do.

Bear in mind that all the talk about the American economy is false. America doesn't really have an economy any more. The basis for wealth is the production of goods and/or raw materials. The US does neither as it once did. Instead we now rely upon banking interests to make the lion's share of our money. Most of the rest of American workers are engaged in service industries of one sort or another. Very little is actually produced. It is oil that holds the fabric of American monetary exchange together. If there is a hiccup in oil prices - we panic. If there is a slight rise - we experience a 'ressesion'. The economy is false and is nothing more than a shell of its former glory. Bottom line is that America MUST do what the Saudi princes tell us to do. We are now a client state of Saudi Arabia.

The really strange thing is the role Turkey is playing in all of this. While they pretend to be neutral, they quietly provide the staging for war with Syria.
Revelation 2:12 states that Pergamun, Turkey is the throne of satan. If the Bible is true, then many devious things will come out of Turkey in days to come. Watch Turkey.
Formerly moderate, Ankara is quietly seeking a leadership role in the middle east.

Israel cannot afford to get involved with Syria or Iran at all and are being continually told to back off on any desire for hawkish adventures.
All too soon, Tel Aviv will face the wrath of a combined Arab force against them.

Edited by rjp34652, 25 August 2012 - 10:54 PM.

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

So what is your favorite song to sing unto them? :)

Gary

jasoncran

jasoncran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
watch and see.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts

The real issue there is not Israel vs. Muslim, but Sunni vs. Shia - Saudi Arabia & Qatar vs. Iran and its client states (Syria & Lebanon).

Since the Saudis have been providing resources for the unrest in Syria and since the US created and directed al Qaeda ground forces appear to have worn down the Assad regime, the conflict in that country may soon be resolved. On the horizon as the ultimate target of Saudi designs for war is Iran. Look for war with Iran. It is problematic at this time whether the United States may or may not be involved in that ground war. My guess is that because America is hooked on Saudi oil, we'll do what our masters in Riyadh tell us to do.

Bear in mind that all the talk about the American economy is false. America doesn't really have an economy any more. The basis for wealth is the production of goods and/or raw materials. The US does neither as it once did. Instead we now rely upon banking interests to make the lion's share of our money. Most of the rest of American workers are engaged in service industries of one sort or another. Very little is actually produced. It is oil that holds the fabric of American monetary exchange together. If there is a hiccup in oil prices - we panic. If there is a slight rise - we experience a 'ressesion'. The economy is false and is nothing more than a shell of its former glory. Bottom line is that America MUST do what the Saudi princes tell us to do. We are now a client state of Saudi Arabia.

The really strange thing is the role Turkey is playing in all of this. While they pretend to be neutral, they quietly provide the staging for war with Syria.
Revelation 2:12 states that Pergamun, Turkey is the throne of satan. If the Bible is true, then many devious things will come out of Turkey in days to come. Watch Turkey.
Formerly moderate, Ankara is quietly seeking a leadership role in the middle east.

Israel cannot afford to get involved with Syria or Iran at all and are being continually told to back off on any desire for hawkish adventures.
All too soon, Tel Aviv will face the wrath of a combined Arab force against them.

There's only one fly in your well thought out ointment, my friend. We are moving away from Saudi Arabia as our main source of oil. Canada is actually our most important supplier. This started toward the end of the Bush Administration and continues today.

http://www.eia.gov/p...ent/import.html

I also believe you're wrong on Israel's intentions but I admire the amount of thought, and knowledge, that is apparent in your posts. :mgbowtie:

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts

Just wanted to bump this up a bit. Yesterdays there were repeated calles from Iran for the destruction of Isreal. And Isreal apparently is a preparatory mode for a strike against Iran.
Things could get quite interesting in the next few weeks

I just saw your post, peacefulwidow, and I agree that things are heating up. Welcome to Worthy, btw! :mgbowtie:

rjp34652

rjp34652

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

There's only one fly in your well thought out ointment, my friend. We are moving away from Saudi Arabia as our main source of oil. Canada is acctually are most important supplier. This started toward the end of the Bush Administration and continues today.

http://www.eia.gov/p...ent/import.html

I also believe you're wrong on Israel's intentions but I admire the amount of thought, and knowledge, that is apparent in your posts. :mgbowtie:

That's a broken link, BTW.

My posts and information are based upon news sources throughout the planet. The interpretation is based upon the considered judgment of men much wiser than myself. I have endeavored, however imperfectly, to transmit the facts and dangers of our present national path and the consequences of our foreign policy.

I have not tried to root out the source of every drop of oil that enters the United States. The rationale for our foreign policy is based upon much more than oil imports. Much of it lies in the shadows of secret discussions and the plans of wicked men. That which is done in the name of our country is not honorable despite the desire of many to believe it is.

The fact remains that the economy of the United States and Europe is based upon the lie that wealth can be generated by regulating the exchange of currency. It isn't. All that is accomplished is the movement of debt from one bank to another. The accumulation of debt isn't wealth. We've been hearing for years that sooner or later the debt balloon will burst. The question is - who holds the pin.

"Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies."
- Thomas Jefferson

You and I both know that a huge balloon can be burst by a very tiny pin. Argument over how many gallons of oil come from Canada, off shore drilling or the middle east are academic at best and pointless at worst. Real wealth is created by production of goods and resources, a purpose the USA once a legendary giant in the field, has long since abandoned. The United States and Saudi Arabia are joined at the hip (you know, the place where our wallets are kept). America may be joined to Israel at the heart, but as Chuck Colson, President Nixon's hatchet man who helped engineer the Watergate coverup, said - "if you have them by their wallets their hearts will follow".(*)

According to what is going on in the world, the United States is now a follower, not a leader in the course of history. This assumption is proven by our exhibition of knee jerk responses to actions initiated by other countries. The fact that America is not on the ground in Syria is witness to the fact that we simply don't have the resources for it at this time. We don't have the money to finance an adventure in Syria and our military combat readiness has been decimated by a dozen years of war in the middle east. Technological advances to the contrary, you can't fight a war with tinker toy robots despite the fact that defense contractors seem to have sold the pentagon on the idea that it can.

The money for the Syrian rebels comes from the Persian Gulf states. Turkey provides the venue for financial collection and distribution of the means of war. The USA, Britain and France are providing some sort of quiet operational services to our men on the ground (al Qaeda) who are fighting in Syria against Assad's Shia government. We are doing so in cooperation with the Turkish government at the direction of the Saudis.

Let me ask the reader a question, if the Saudis shut off all exports to the United States or simply raised the price by a few tens of dollars, what effect do you think that would have on our artificial American 'economy'? Not good, I'm sure you'll agree. If past experience is any measure, such a scenario is something nobody wants to consider. Hence our continued dependence on Saudi oil.

American hegemony is no longer at the apex of its influence and the Pax Americana, a dream of policy makers since Christmas Day 1991 when the Soviet Union collapsed, has been derailed by failed attempts to convert the people of Iraq and Afghanistan to the same point of view our masters in Washington and New York have succeeded in thrusting upon the American people.

"The corporate grip on opinion in the United States is one of the wonders of the Western world. No First World country has ever managed to eliminate so entirely from its media all objectivity - much less dissent. ...... Of course, it is possible for any citizen with time to spare, and a canny eye, to work out what is actually going on, but for the many there is not time, and the network news is the only news even though it may not be news at all but only a series of flashing fictions..."
- Gore Vidal

“One of the seven angels who had poured out the seven bowls came over and spoke to me. ‘Come with me,’ he said, ‘and I will show you the judgment that is going to come on the great prostitute, who rules over many waters. The kings of the world have committed adultery with her, and the people who belong to this world have been made drunk by the wine of her immorality.’”
Revelation 17:1-2

American military efforts in the middle east have failed. Combined American and European global banking influence, once indisputable, is now at the point of massive failure and implosion. The Sunni tribes in the middle east are in a panic and have initiated their own Pax Arabia if you will.

It is strange is it not, how the stated goal of national policies for peace so often result in the destruction of property and the murder of innocents for causes not their own.

(*) Originally attributed to Theodore Roosevelt who's reference was to an unmentionable part of the male personal anatomy instead of the wallet.

Edited by rjp34652, 27 August 2012 - 09:27 AM.

rjp34652

rjp34652

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Gary

I am not allowed to preach from the pulpit......(*)

so I holler from the choir loft.

It's also a moniker that was attached to me as a form of mockery for my use of Biblically based assertions in opposition to atheistic arguments on another forum. Despite the intended insult, I thought it was a pretty good theme to adopt. So I kept it.

so that's why I, just holler from the choir loft.....

(*) Unfortunately I do not have a sexual affinity for young boys, men nor the desire to milk congregations out of their depleted resources (all prerequisites for license to speak in 'legitimate' denominational churches these days).
I've been told I'm a "loose cannon and will not be allowed to speak to "reasonable people", despite my continued belief that God's sheep still possess the ability to come to their own conclusions - given accurate information.

Edited by rjp34652, 27 August 2012 - 09:41 AM.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts

That's a broken link, BTW.

I just clicked on the link and it worked fine.

kevinsball

kevinsball
  • Members
  • 90 posts

(*) Unfortunately I do not have a sexual affinity for young boys, men nor the desire to milk congregations out of their depleted resources (all prerequisites for license to speak in 'legitimate' denominational churches these days).

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Applause for the choir.

I've been told I'm a "loose cannon and will not be allowed to speak to "reasonable people", despite my continued belief that God's sheep still possess the ability to come to their own conclusions - given accurate information.

:taped: :taped: :taped:

I know what you mean.

:emot-highfive:

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

Gary

I am not allowed to preach from the pulpit......(*)

so I holler from the choir loft.

It's also a moniker that was attached to me as a form of mockery for my use of Biblically based assertions in opposition to atheistic arguments on another forum. Despite the intended insult, I thought it was a pretty good theme to adopt. So I kept it.

so that's why I, just holler from the choir loft.....

Well... alright then. ;)

Gary

rjp34652

rjp34652

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Iran’s supreme leader, for the first time, is telling his nation that it must prepare for war and “the end of times” as it continues to develop nuclear weapons.

The preceeding is a duplicate of the lead post in this thread. Rather than waste bandwidth I deleted most of it. I had responded to some of it earlier, but felt that I needed to clarify it some more. Most of the post refers to the Islamic messiah called Mohammad al-Mahdi.

Remember that most of the world's Muslims are divided into two main groups; shia or shiite and sunni. There are a number of smaller groups, and groups which retain the identity of a major group, but for all intents and purposes these two are the main groups.

They are very similar to Christian organizations. The Shia sect is based mostly in Iran and is organized like the Roman Catholic church. The Ayatollah is the equivalent of the pope. The Sunni sect is loosely organized and is much like Protestantism. There is no major big kahuna among Sunnis. Saudi Arabia and Qatar are the principle host nations for Sunni Islam.

Back to the messiah Mohammad al-mahdi...

According to Sunni ideology, the al-mahdi exists as a man much like all men. He either isn't born yet or has been born and hasn't been revealed.
According to Shia ideology, the al-mahdi lived centuries ago and disappeared as a young boy. He will have a miraculous return to the world stage at some point and take up the office of the 12th Imam, or calif or leader, of Islam. Most Iranians believe and hope in the coming of al-mahdi as the 12th Imam and are therefore called twelvers.

The difference is basic. In summary; to Sunnis the al-Mahdi is to be born in the modern generation of man and assume leadership.
For Shiites/Shia Islam, the al-Mahdi disappeared long ago and is about to return.

In both scenarios, Jesus Christ will return as a sort of prophet - announcing the holy mission of al-mahdi to convert all men (especially Jews & Christians) to the true faith of Islam. This is why the Islamic Jesus is referred to in Biblical prophecy as the false prophet of the anti-christ (al-Mahdi?). It's a little confusing here. The Islamic Jesus isn't the anti-Christ, merely his prophet, his mouth piece as it were.

Two thousand years ago, Jesus warned his disciples not to give serious attention to false prophets, especially those WHO CAME IN HIS NAME.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network