christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why did God Save me when He said I was to die?

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

Jayyycuuup

Jayyycuuup

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts
I was supposed to die at birth because of medical problems. God told my dad before I was born that I was not to live, but my dad prayed and wept that I would be spared and I obviously was, but why would God go back on what he said. I praise him that I am alive but why....

HAZARD

HAZARD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

I was supposed to die at birth because of medical problems. God told my dad before I was born that I was not to live, but my dad prayed and wept that I would be spared and I obviously was, but why would God go back on what he said. I praise him that I am alive but why....

Hi Jacob.

God does and has changed His mind on many things as revealed in Scripture.
Men also have been rebuked for lack of faith but never for faith. It is obvious from what you have said your father asked God IN FAITH to allow you to live and God granted His request.
We can ask things of God in faith and he will grant them as long as they are aligned with the promises God has made in His Word. (Matt.6:30; 14:31; 16:8; Luke 24:25; James 1:5-8).

Denise37

Denise37

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
Amen, I agree with Hazard.. Plus, God granted u life bc He's planned beautiful things to happen in your life.. Your a walking miracle, thank u Lord! :D
Juss keep close communication with God & u mite be surprised of the things He has instore for u! :)
God bless u, ma friend Jacob!

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,082 posts

Maybe it wasn't God that talked to your Dad, and all his prayers put up a hedge around you so the devil couldn't hurt you. I have had that happen to me, for at times it's hard to tell which is talking.

Then again, God was getting ready to go down off the mountain and kill all the Hebrews and Moses talked him out of it....

I'll be a grand day when you can ask Him,,,, won't it?

Jayyycuuup

Jayyycuuup

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Maybe it wasn't God that talked to your Dad, and all his prayers put up a hedge around you so the devil couldn't hurt you. I have had that happen to me, for at times it's hard to tell which is talking.

Then again, God was getting ready to go down off the mountain and kill all the Hebrews and Moses talked him out of it....

I'll be a grand day when you can ask Him,,,, won't it?

Hi Other One
It is very hard to mistake Gods voice for that of someone elses, It is very hard to explain but once you have heared it you recognize it and never foreget it. Sorry but it is not plausable. I very much appreciate your input but like I said, the moment you hear Gods voice it grasps your spirit and is uplifting. God says so himself, "who is like me"
~blessings p.s Thank you all very much for your input,Denise your post was very uplifting, Thank you very much

HAZARD

HAZARD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts
It was God all right. Jacob said his father prayed and wept. I'm sure his father never paryed and wept to or with the devil in mind.

"If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it." (John 14:14).

"And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you." (John 16:23).

He would have asked without wavering, without any doubt. He asked and believed that what he was asking for, was already granted.

"But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed." (James 1:6).

This is when God answers prayer.

Leonard

Leonard

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,865 posts
Faith moves the Hand of God. Why did Jesus say 'No' to Mary, but then after her insistance, He turned the water into wine?

F A I T H !!!!

wingnut-

wingnut-

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
God is awesome, and prayer is powerful, God bless you Jacob. :)

Miss Agapelove

Miss Agapelove

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
Dearest Jacob.....

God saved you because "HE WANTED TO USE YOU "

You must make God smile with Joy ! I see your words of encouragemrnt here and it makes me pray everytime that you will have all your hearts desires!

Thats why you were born dearest brother , God knew that you would help and encorage so many lost & broken children and you will shine just like Jesus did infront of all those Pharases?

Thats what I see in you very clearly a young man aged 16 who shines and brightens my day..... A CHILD OF God who is a wonderful blessings for ALL...YOUR WISDOM IN GOD IS ASTOUNDING...!

You are God's bright little wonder.....Amen x

his4eva

his4eva
  • Members
  • 51 posts
My story is the opposite. I was a mistake. My parents did not plan or want to have a third child. But God obviously has given us life. Both a physical life to live on this earth, as well as eternal life with him. Let's use our time here on earth to live for him and serve him in every way possible.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,597 posts

God listens, Jacob. He answered your father's prayers. :mgbowtie:

Miss Agapelove

Miss Agapelove

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

My story is the opposite. I was a mistake. My parents did not plan or want to have a third child. But God obviously has given us life. Both a physical life to live on this earth, as well as eternal life with him. Let's use our time here on earth to live for him and serve him in every way possible.

Dearest Sister....
I was planned in HOPE to be a boy and to my father dismay I was a girl? He then tried & tried until he had a boy! MY MUCH HOPE FOR BROTHER became my fathers SHAME !

So please do not feel this way about your conception sister, God loves you and God planned you for a reason that reason will be shown yto you when the time is right !
I did not know my calling until I was 37 years old !

I now know that God had a plan for my birth all along just like it is said in Jeramiah 11v 29
But God had a perfect plan for you and I ......we were born to serve God and thats that ....x

Love & Blessings your sister in Christ...tina x

NeedYouLord

NeedYouLord

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
I truly believe God has a plan for our lives...each one of us and our lives...and I truly believe we have an enemy trying to snuff it out...Jake...You have blessed me along with many others that I have come to know on this website...see-I've been to alot of the same places you have been with Him (and we've never even talked about it)...even His Throne of Grace...and if that was the reason you were born...to me...it would be enough...and I would venture to say...if you don't ever give up on God...You ain't seen nothing yet!!! Sorry...Just a little Southern coming out of me...Hahaha

I truly believe God can and does change His mind...It's been a while and I thought I had written down where that scripture is...I've been looking for it for 30 minutes...but He does have a mind...I almost dropped my teeth when I found that out...And mainly, what is that other verse? He looked for intercessors and couldn't find any...Intercession...Prayer-Is The Only Thing We Have Upon The Earth That Moves The Hand of God!!!

Oh I found it...and I have full permission to quote this: It's from: "Prayer" a 31-Day Plan to Enrich Your Prayer Life...Andrew Murray...He saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor. (Isaiah 59:16) This particular part of the book: reads...

From of old God had among His people intercessors to whose voice He had listened and given deliverance. Here we read of a time of trouble when He sought for an intercessor, but in vain. And He wondered! Think of what that means---the amazement of God that there should be none who loved the people enough or who had sufficdient faith in His power to deliver, to intercede on their behalf. If there had been an intercessor He would have given deliverance; without an intercessor His judgments came down (see Isaiah 64:7 and Ezek. 22:30,31)
Of what infinite importance is the place the intercessor holds in the kingdom of God! Is it not indeed a matter of wonder that God should give men such power, and yet that there are so few who know what it is to take hold of His strength and pray down His blessing on the world?
Let us try to realize the position. When God had in His Son wrought out the new creation, and Christ had taken His place on the thrones the work of the extension of His kingdom was given into the hands of men. He ever liveth to pray; prayer is the highest exercise of His royal perogative as Priest-King upon the throne. All that Christ was to do in heaven was to be in fellowship with His people on earth. In His divine condescension God has willed that the working of His Spirit shall follow the prayer of His people. He waits for their intercession showing the preparation of heart---to what extent they are ready to yield to His Spirit's control.
God rules the world and His Church through the prayers of His people. "That God should have made the extension of His kingdom to such a large extent dependent on the faithfulness of His people in prayer is a stupendous mystery and yet an absolute certainty." God calls for intercessors: in His grace He has made His work dependent on them; He waits for them.

OUR Father, open our eyes to see that Thou dost invite Thy children to have a part in the extension of Thy kingdom by their faithfulness in prayer and intercession. Give us such an insight into the glory of this holy calling that with our whole heart we may yield ourselves to its blessed service. Amen

I call that a divine interruption...My my...Now getting back to your question...Why would God use Moses like He did? Even after he murdered...How could Moses change The Mind of God? Why would I hear...you are an intercessor...I didn't know what they were talking about!!! Why would God give me a child-at 44? After I murdered one that was unborn-at 21? Why would the doctors tell me that there was this possiblility that she wasn't going to be ok because of my age...And I stood and looked them in the eye and said, "No!!! She has been healed...in my womb..." See they didn't know that she had been prayed into existence!!! They didn't know the times I had with My God!!! Why would God use me to heal the sick? Why would He show me the world through the eyes of Jesus? Why would He give me the instrument to reach every person of my city? Or close to it...Why would He give me a message for the people of my city that I could type out and hand out after I had trimmed them in the shape of a heart...Why did He give me a message for the pastors of my city? And why did it take so long for me even now, to believe, that He had chosen me? Why does He give me things that are too big for me to do? Because The Impossible is Possible With God...and I truly believe God gave me a child, at 44 years of age, because my calling will take more than one generation to accomplish!!! At 9, she can pray!!! Oh my!!! I can just feel the Presence of God when she prays!!! O God...In Your Presence Is Fullness of Joy!!! Whew...

You Are Loved and We Need You Jake...That's why...

Love you In Him!!! Kathy

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,071 posts
God does what he does because of who he is not because of who we are. Thank God for that. Jacob, you are a product of Gods mercy, which is much better than a product of his wrath....

Gary

JTC

JTC

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
Hey Jake,

I only just found this. So now we know a little more about why that incident in the laundromat happened. Now I'm sure it happened to show you something. I dare say you will be discovering why God made you live for your entire life. Consider this. If we, as finite human beings, often do things for more than 1 reason, how many reasons can there be for why an infinite and awesome God does something. Maybe an infinite number of reasons. When I think of how each thing that happens almost always effects something else that then happens, it boggles the mind. Who can ever figure such a puzzle out, no one human.

I'm glad you shared this with us.

John

4HIMiLIVE

4HIMiLIVE
  • Members
  • 6 posts
That's amazing Jacob, I praise God for you. And it goes to show you we serve an amazing God and Father who cares for his children and is convinced by His dear children as any loving dad would be. I'm not a father (of course lol) or a mother but just having my baby niece give me that sweet tender look asking me for something she really wants.. my heart is moved and i give in to her petition. Not only was your father interceeding for you but Jesus Christ was as well intereceding before the Father (Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us[b] with groanings which cannot be uttered).
I've also asked myself that question since i also am a miracle, which i will share some day, but God pulled me from death at the age of 21 (before i had given my life to Him) and i know i have not even come close to fulfilling the many great purposes He has for me but i trust, believe, know that He has always loved me and has had a plan for me even before the creation, and that is with each and every one of us. So yes i do understand your question "why?" and we can continue to ask it in order to keep us in that humble state of WOW, but let it be just that, not to torment us and bring us down or believing ourselves to be trash and nothing because we are something, God does not make trash or nothing, He created us with perfect divine thought and love, we were "fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14 "I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well"). So let's keep remembering where He brought us from and keep praising Him and thanking Him and loving Him.
God is goooooooood!

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts
I can relate to this. When I was three weeks old,(I'm going to be 60 next month) I can down with a very nasty case of pneumonia. Back in 1952 there was very little that could be done. My dad would leave work to come and visit his tiny little girl in an oxygen tent in the hospital and he would put his hand under the tent and lay it on my back. He would pray., My father was a man of faith. I have not doubt in my mind that I am alive because of my daddy's prayers. We had something to do and that is why we are alive. God's word will always superseed man's word, even that of a doctor.

nChrist

nChrist

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,996 posts
Amen - beautiful thread! I firmly believe in the power of prayer and know that God does as He pleases in heaven and on earth. Brother, God has a purpose for you, and our part is to give thanks for your life and testimony. Thank you Lord.

Posted Image

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network