christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

my BC days and how Jesus saved

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

IainL

IainL
  • Members
  • 38 posts
I was born and bread in Sout Africa. My father is a professor in theology and my mother is a teacher. My dad is also a reformded minister and is asked to preach every now and then. So I grew up in a pretty Christian home. However, though I went to church and heard all about God and the Bible, I never really understood what was being said. I found church boring and soon stopped going to sunday school classes. I always believed in God. but I didn't know one had to be born again. So I did all kinds of things to try and be good.

I am a natural intovert, with some extrovert tendancies. Primary school was a bit scary too me. To add to this I have a phycial disability, but its not an obvious disability and not at all severe. Mostly it affects my reflexes, balance, writting speed, and general speed. I always felt a bit awkward at school. i wasn't picked on but I wasn't really included in anything, and I was often teased, making few friends. My parents were always very busy and me and my older brother, Thomas (we are 4 years apart), didn't get along well at all.. I felt very alone. I went to three different primary schools and in all of them I felt like no one really cared aabout me. In one school, I tried to fit in so desperatly, that I always put on this mask.I a into it, acted cool, went to all the cool parties, and tried to speek and act the way everybody else did.

Coming from an accademic family, I was fortunate enough to learn a lot from an early age and in fact and looking back, if I had put real effort into my school work, i could probably have done much better. But I did just enough to get B's and C's and an occasional A here and there. I like learning, but i felt school was to limiting and I always wanted to find things out for myself. I also played a lot of chess and this really helped me to think a lot..

So what i did was, I put up mental blocks in my head. I was hurt the past by coments people had made and I decided I wouldn't be hurt again, so I escaped into my mind. I felt mistrust towards almost everybody, never letting people get close to me.

When I was about 12, my mother took me to a church called Vinyard Christian Fellowship. Don't ask me why she did that, but she nagged until finally I decided to go. I saw myself as a Christian, though I still hadn't been norn again, but somehow I kept going there. I started high school and made a few friends. One particalar friend started talking to me alot about God and I started realising more and more that I had no Idea who God is. I mean I had read portions of the Bible and I new God existed, but I was still empty and I was just trying to do the best i can. So when this told me I had to be born again, it came as quite a shock, but I immediatly knew it had to be the truth.

One day, on the 17th of October 1999 when I was 14 years old, I felt an urge in my heart. A I had to deep conviction that had to confess my sin and acknowledge what Jesus had done for me. So I prayed to God. And almost instantly I felt this joy welling up inside me. I could never describe what I felt at this point in words. i knew. I knew God had saved me.

Its almost 13 years on and I have learned a lot , and my life has changed completly. It was actually hard writing this down as always, because I feel like I am writting about a completly different person. Not, that it was easy, I have had my struggles, and I still have a lot of things to sort out. But I was baptized and Spirit filled, then I left Vinyard and started going to Shofar Christian Church. I can't imagine my life without Jesus. He saved me in the nick of time.

Praise God!

IainL

IainL
  • Members
  • 38 posts
didn't mean to post it three times. My computer acting up again. how do i remove the other two?

wingnut-

wingnut-

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
Thanks for sharing, God bless. I think you can delete your posts at the bottom right of them, or if not, one of the board mods can remove them. :)

StinaW

StinaW

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
Thanks for sharing!
God is always on time!
God Bless!

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,514 posts
Hallelujah~!

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network