christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sick & tired of defeated life..

sin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

Nitish

Nitish

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
Hey...... I'm just struggling with sin.... No matter how hard i try, failure is what i face time and time again....... :'( Just feeling ashamed of myself...... :'( How long will the Lord forgive me for the same sin again and again....? Just don't know what to do...... Feeling lost........ :'(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,107 posts
Praying~!

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts
Hello, Nitish -

Have you ever sought to uncover the roots behind the sin? More often than not, sins that we are in bondage to are a result of hurts, wounds, brokenness, etc. When we feel insecure in the Lord's love for us - and that often stems from a lack of love from the home - we turn to so many things to fill that love-need.

So my prayer for you is the ability to dig out the root(s) - the wounds, the needs, etc. which have resulted in this sin ensnaring you.

Blessings!

Nitish

Nitish

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
Thank u so much Nebula and Fresnojoe for ur Prayers........
I just cry and cry..... but nothing seems to happen..... Feeling isolated from God.... Wonder if my prayers are hard... Coz Bible says that, sin hinders our prayers reaching to God..... :'(

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts
Nitish - He also understands bondage, and He honors a heart that seeks after Him.

Nitish

Nitish

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
Ain't i let Him down time and time again by sinning against Him......? And because of that i couldn't go in prayer...... I just feel that i lost the fellowship with Him..... I just breaks me down to ground...... :'( Sorry for embarrassing......

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,784 posts

Ain't i let Him down time and time again by sinning against Him......? And because of that i couldn't go in prayer...... I just feel that i lost the fellowship with Him..... I just breaks me down to ground...... :'( Sorry for embarrassing......

First off praying for you.

If He knows everything in our heart; then we can go to Him even in our embarrassment, our darkest moment and when we are weak.

Why? Because no matter what we do; He is always there for us, to hold us and comfort us.

We go to Him with out joy and our tears that is what is where we learn just how much he loves us and cares for us.
Don't be afraid, take it to the Lord in prayer.

Psalm 120 .1.
In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and he heard me

LOVE SONGS

LOVE SONGS

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

First of all ... God does Love you...and wants you to keep seeking Him.

He calls us into His kingdom ...imperfect. He knows we are not perfect.

If we reconize our sin ...and continue to do it over again... it is because we need self control,
over our actions or faults.

I have learn this ...having self control and disciplining myself through temptation , and being determine,
to stop myself ...so I don't do the same thing over and over again.
In doing this , I have learned to maintain control of my thoughts and actions. It takes time, to over come
our weaknesses and faults...or , sin.

Making the better choice , not to take part in a piticular sin.

For example ...I am an unmarried person. I choose not to fornicate...which is sin.
I choose to remain celebate...until I marry again.

God helps us, strengthens us, in our weaknesses...until we over come...or have self control , over our problem.

Studing His word helps, and attending a Church where His word is preached .

My prayer for you...May God guide you in the right direction...keep yourself with Him.

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts

This is Satan's ploy to keep you from God. The Scriptures encourage us to run to God with our failures - not run away from Him until we clean our act up.

OldShep

OldShep

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
I know of no man that has not faltered and fell into sin, some over and over and over again, yet Christ is faithful to forgive those who turn to Him. Stand Firm my friend, resist the things that bring you down and turn to Him.

1Co 15:57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Co 15:58 Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Gal_5:1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Eph_6:14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,

Eph 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—
Eph 2:9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Eph 2:11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (that done in the body by the hands of men)—
Eph 2:12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

ICL~~~Dennis

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,193 posts
There are many of us who battled the same sin... some for years... I for one and there are simple steps Pray, Prayer, Praying
I begged Him for hatred of these shallow pleasures as it robs from the Glory I could be gathering for Him!
...............................................................The Lord knows He deserves It!!! :) :amen: ......................................................................
One of the things that helped me-> by understanding Scriptures there will be no other time like this in eternity where we are
made able to stand against sin and bring glory To Him by doing so.... Glory that He will keep in His Heart in the relationships
formed by obeying Him above our own desires of the pleasures of sins for a season!
Heb 11:24-26
24 By faith Moses, when he became of age, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter,
25 choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin,
26 esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt; for he looked to the reward.
NKJV

The Lord knows truth from lies as we don't even in our own heart ... Heb 10:25-31-> this brings the broken and contrite heart that that grows
weary of the love that is not real and desires the genuine love from Him that obeys Him and communicated back of intimacy by Spirit
in relationship by a heart that does not condemn but assures us we are His by the fruit that The Holy Spirit places in the heart
and mind

1 Jn 3:20-21
20 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things.
NKJV

1 Jn 3:21-23
21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we

receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.
23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one
another, as He gave us commandment
NKJV
there is nothing better than this intimacy with Him!
satan wants us to focus on the frailty of flesh so we do not see the greatness of His Spirit within .... I simply
in very intimate communications ask from Him the ability to die to these short lived desires of the flesh AS
I reason with Him in His Word He shows me how in a very personal and lasting ways! Prayers... Love, Steven

Nitish

Nitish

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
Thanks for all the replies........ Hope so u'll continue to encourage me in the word of God......

georgedrw81

georgedrw81

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,359 posts
You are changing towards believing in Him unconditionally. It is the moment when we ask forgivness from Him and our soul becomes clean from the past.
Praying

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts
Nitish, God is the potter. Confess your sin and ask him to change you. A leopard cannot change his spots. I have gone from being one who loved evil to loving God by his grace and his grace alone. I like the simple saying "I can't, he can, I think I will ask him too."

Gary

wingnut-

wingnut-

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
Praying for you nitish, God bless.

Philippians 4:6-8

New King James Version (NKJV)

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Meditate on These Things

8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

2Joyful

2Joyful

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,672 posts
Posted Image

NeedYouLord

NeedYouLord

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Nitish...My goodness...You are right where you are supposed to be and you aren't alone!!! And the reason you are right where you are supposed to be is because now that you are reaching out...(The Prayers God Just Loves Are The Ones When We Realize We Can't Do Something and We Totally Rely On Him To Do It-and Ask Him To Do It)...He'll just send Help from all over...God is so so so Good!!!

There was something that I could not stop doing either...At first I liked doing it...Kept doing it...Then I didn't like it so much because it was very unhealthy for me but I couldn't stop...I tried and could not stop on my own...God had to do a work in me...And a wonderful work it was...Here is The Hope...If we don't give up and keep believing that God can make us free...Here is what God did in me...He took The Desire for The Thing...Completely Took The Desire...I now walk free...totally free from the bondage of it...Just as if I had never desired it in the first place...Our God is Amazing!!! Just Keep Trusting He Can!!!

Nitish

Nitish

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
Thank you all for your kind replies, its really encouraging...... Awaiting to be freed from bondage.....

Miss Agapelove

Miss Agapelove

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
Dearest Nitish....
I read your words and thought....awwwwww what a lovely person you are, I send with this message a huge hug and "Please" know that its ok to feel like you have let God down, He knows all of your struggles and knows that you cant help your SIN....

"Please" try and stop beating your self up emotionally, God would not want you to feel this way..He is a loving heavenly Father who wants the best for you...
"Please" note this ..(((((((.EVERYONE))))))) here has been through a journey of SIN or deep PAIN or they would not have reached there arms wide open for God to help them....

" Please" try and see how he has helped each and everyone of us to become "FREE" from all those temptations that feel good at the time but are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO no good for us in the long run of things...

One day there will come a day when you will make that desition and say to your self and make a vow to God....I dont want to do this/that anymore! I always think ...ohh my God can see my every move...this always helps me to be good...hee hee

Then my brother you would have beaten Satan at his tricks to keep you away from God and God;s purpose for your life, so you see you have free will and when you are ready you will make the right choice for your future...

God will never leave you he is just waiting for you to make that desition... Remember the 12 diciples they were far from PERFECT .....but God chose them for a reason.....So I wonder how God will use you to serve his will ....I think he has used you mightily already to serve his will here....

I can see why God loves you already just by your few words dear brother...

May God continue to Bless you richly.... We all sin every single one of Us but God knows our hearts and its our hearts he uses...to help others see a little bit of Jesus in our ways... this is why we have to be shaped in order to set a good example, thats the hardest PART.....Obedience is the key...x

I pray that I have brought a little bit of encouragemnt to your sadened heart this evening, and I shall pray right now to God and tell Him that you need him to hold your hand again and guide you back to his ways as you are a little of path lately...((((( big hugs )))))

Love & Blessings your sister in Christ Tina x

Miss Agapelove

Miss Agapelove

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Hey...... I'm just struggling with sin.... No matter how hard i try, failure is what i face time and time again....... :'( Just feeling ashamed of myself...... :'( How long will the Lord forgive me for the same sin again and again....? Just don't know what to do...... Feeling lost........ :'(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network