christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sick & tired of defeated life..

sin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

Nitish

Nitish

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
Your words of hope are really encouraging to me sis.... And thanks for holding me in your prayers.......... And i do hope that everything goes well with you...... Stay Blessed........... :)

ears

ears

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
Nitish it sounds like you have such a tender heart for the Lord. You are in my prayers.

Nitish

Nitish

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
Thank you so much for holding me in your prayer ears....

Nitish

Nitish

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
Its just getting worse...... :'(

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts

what does that look like?

Nitish

Nitish

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

I mean my struggles against sin..........

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts

What does your struggle against sin look like?

Nitish

Nitish

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

Sorry i can't get you clearly....... I just get too obsessed with it than before.....

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts

Sorry i can't get you clearly....... I just get too obsessed with it than before.....

Have you ever cried out to be filled with the Spirit of God? Have you confessed your weakness before God and asked him to sustain you in all your toil? Have you ever experienced the victory over sin in your life in the first place?

Nitish

Nitish

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

Have you ever cried out to be filled with the Spirit of God? Have you confessed your weakness before God and asked him to sustain you in all your toil? Have you ever experienced the victory over sin in your life in the first place?

Yes i have poured myself to God about my weakness and failure and to filled by His Spirit...... But I find myself falling in there time & time again......

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts

Yes i have poured myself to God about my weakness and failure and to filled by His Spirit...... But I find myself falling in there time & time again......

I met God through Alcoholics Anonymous. It was there that I was taught my part in things. I was taught that if I did not follow the instructions, I would not get the results. My experience is that only through the power of the Spirit of God that I can have victory. One of the steps in AA is 'became willing to have all these defects of character removed". One which I stumbled upon, especially in the area of sexual immorality. In the end, I had to concede to my innermost self that I was powerless to fight against the temptation to think upon or act out in an immoral way. Being convinced that God could and would help me if he were sought, I clung to him and asked for the strength to avoid falling into temptation and sin of that nature. I have had victory in my life that is dependent wholly upon my spiritual condition. I find that I must cling to Christ. I exercise myself unto godliness by meditating upon certain truths of the Word of God. When bad thoughts come I simply say aloud "The Lord rebuke thee." and continue on my day. All began when I offered myself wholly unto God and chose that I would no longer do my will but seek to understand his will for me while asking him for the power to carry it out. As long as I did not give place to the devil, I have continued to have victory. The times that I have been taken down and fallen into sin have been clearly understood by me to have stopped following the basic instructions to achieving holiness in my life.

God Bless

warriorforJesus

warriorforJesus

• PipPip
  • 106 posts
I'll pray for you

Nitish

Nitish

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
Still being defeated............ Just feels like giving it up............ :(

Nitish

Nitish

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
Still being defeated....... Feels like giving it up.......... :(

Nitish

Nitish

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
Hope I'll get one day to Romans 6:14..........................................

Dawn1974

Dawn1974

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
New strength
Isaiah 40:31
"Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary."

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network