christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Teaching your kids the Ten Commandments

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,106 posts

You have interesting perceptions, Joco. At least you believe your being like what you picture Jesus to have been. I suppose that in the end that is what matters. You believe that you have been conformed to the image of the Word of God and are ready to dish out the forceful instruction as you deem necessary. Carry on.
Gary

I have seen a lot of what you talk about on Worthy in the past Gary. The truth is that not one of us is Worthy to even tie His sandal.

When we allow those who hate us to drive nails through our hands, endure unbelievable pain, and love them while they do it, then we will be closer to what God wants of us.

It starts with Love, and it ends with Love. Something that has been missing on a lot of threads on Worthy recently.

Mine included......

I completely agree.

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts

They don't need to understand "big theological concepts" in this case. It is very easy for them to understand "the Lord said ... to keep Sunday special". Since it was put to music, it would become even more impressed upon their minds. They were not told the truth. Do you believe they were told the truth?

Previously, you did mention: "Even if I were a Sunday keeper...."

In that regard, keeping [what is believed to be the Sabbath] "holy" means keeping it "set apart" which in modern expression is "keeping it special."

You are viewing the issue in terms of doctrine. I am viewing it in terms of what Yahweh said. The song teaches "The Ten Commandments" to children, not the Christian interpretation of them. ...

Then why did you say, "Even . . .

Oh never mind.....

shodan

shodan

• PipPip
  • 136 posts
a post above: "...it is revealing that those that hold onto the old simply do not truly understand the total meaning and depth of the new"

Such foolish talk to say that Calvin, Wesley, Luther, etc. did not understand the New Covenant.

shodan

shodan

• PipPip
  • 136 posts
John Calvin: . "Some unskilful persons, from not attending to this, boldly discard the whole law of Moses, and do away with both its Tables, imagining it unchristian to adhere to a doctrine which contains the ministration of death. Far from our thoughts be this profane notion."

John Wesley: "In the highest rank of the enemies of the gospel of Christ, are they who openly and explicitly 'judge the law' itself, and 'speak evil of the law;' who teach men to break (to dissolve, to loose, to untie the obligation of) not one only, whether of the least or of the greatest, but all the commandments at a stroke. . . . The most surprising of all the circumstances that attend this strong delusion, is that they who are given up to it, really believe that they honor Christ by overthrowing His law, and that they are magnifying His office while they are destroying His doctrine! Yea, they honor Him just as Judas did when he said, 'Hail, Master, and kissed Him.' And He may as justly say to every one of them, 'Betrayest thou the Son of man with a kiss? It is no other than betraying Him with a kiss, to talk of His blood, and take away His crown; to set light by any part of His law, under pretense of advancing His gospel. Nor indeed can anyone escape this charge, who preaches faith in any such a manner as either directly or indirectly tends to set aside any branch of obedience: who preaches Christ so as to disannul, or weaken in any wise, the least of the commandments of God."

Martin Luther: "Nowadays there is a novel idea afoot! According to the promoters of this idea, the Law (that is, the 10 Commandments) should be completely removed from the Church. This is nothing else but deplorable and irreverent.
The entire Bible teaches that it is the Law which must initiate repentance.....Sin and death are not exposed by a Word of grace and comfort, but only by the Law."

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network