christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Do Christians still have demons in them?

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
152 replies to this topic

L10

L10

• PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Sports, nutrition, theology, Bible study, enjoying people that seek purpose over success, loving God's creatures. I am the Goose whisperer.
The thread question may be too broad, but feel free to simply answer that if you wish... or... consider reading on and even asking a friend that usualy never even talks about Satan or Demons join the discussion; a Christian friend. That would be of interest, for it almost seems that the other forum participants don't come on here too much, except with a prayer or quick passage. It is worth a great discussion, for Jesus spoke so much of Evil. I will make it a point to go to other discussion topics more, for balance is so important. Let's tackle a tough situation that I just witnessed recently.

I have a co worker that approached me to share that He is going to get baptized. I asked him where, when etc, but he seemed to want to talk about his Rap abilities, and believing that He will be symbolized as being saved. He then steered from the baptism subject for a while to share that he wants to maintain the demons in his body, coz they give him creativity and edge. Of course I shared some scripture, kept on the subject; but He only wanted to share that another Christian at work was always telling him that he needs to get rid of his actual real demon oppression/possession.

There are some obvious traits that He at least has some, but many people would just say that is rebellion.
So, it got me thinking. Now he has been baptized in a Christian Church, shared whatever he professed; but what now.
Sure, Baptism does not mean salvation, but His Eternal Security upbringing has him also believing that He is still saved since He was saved as a teenager. He did many bad things since then, and admits this. He says he hopes to do less now, and that this will seal his relationship with God. "God" is the word,, and he avoids "Holy Spirit and Jesus".

So, keeping this from a Calvinist debate entirely; I need to at least suggest that this poor guy believes that demons are helping his life, and keeping him still a Christian. Ok, I believe that a Bible Believing, fully Born Again Christian can have demons that oppress them, and possibly even within the actual body, but not within the spirit. Sorta the Don Dickerman argument. Most Spiritual Warfare Authors do seem to agree that a Christian can have a demon that oppresses them. From there, they vary from parts of the body, soul, to places that can never be domain. Pertinent to this subject would also be the Psalm that speaks of never having the Holy Spirit removed from me.

Yes, Greater is he in Christ, than He who is of Satan's realm, or any other. What is their authority and complicating motives though. Why does my coworker struggle so deeply? Why is my life so difficult with horrible messes?

With this in mind, what do you really think is at stake here? Is he just calling temptations and sins demons, sensationalizing things? Or, is He really believing that one can serve two masters? We know the answer to the latter.

Recent activity seems to have him addicted to alien youtube stuff.

I have my many problems too, and possibly a demon or two that find sin to reaccess me at times. I seem to not notice them too quickly when it happens, but soon notice the things that i am not doing: reading my Bible, Praying a true and hearfelt prayer. I even notice a personality change at certain moments that gives me an enjoyment or interest in something that I otherwise have no interest in. Ok, I am fully loving Jesus Christ, and trusting Him to be my savior. I even pray that I am not one that will be told to depart, for He never knew me. There seems to be some new interest in that particular verse in Conservative Churches now. I think it is a good point, for the very people that Jesus is telling to depart did some miracles and even did God's work; but they were doers of iniquity.

So, your opinion and discernment do matter very much on this as well. Are demons getting to us as Christians?
Do they bother you?
Too bad there is not a way to have the many Christians that never discuss Satan or his realm to read this topic. I would be interested in what they say. The Joel Osteen sort of preaching would tell people to simply speak good, speak truth; and evil is then gone.
Is that rebuke? Many wonderful Christians also just want to avoid speaking of the Devil. I am sure you all know many.

Sorry to have so many questions in this thread. Yep, changed it over from a post in one area, to a thread topic. Reply to whatever touches your heart.

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts
  • Interests:Worship dance
    Outdoors
    Earth and Space Science
Wow - dealing with this one takes discernment over intellectual theology. It is clear he won't hear arguments. What you need to do is pray for his eyes to be opened, his heart to be softened, and the horrors of the demons to be manifested.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,500 posts
  • Interests:camping computers
you would have to closely define the term "in them" you can take that to mean just about anything.

So I would have to say "yes" and "no".

If "in them" entails control, then it would only be yes if they were invited, they can't start to do so against your will.

and that's my take on it in a general way

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,619 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied. Any technology with blinking and flashing lights, no matter what it does...

I have my many problems too, and possibly a demon or two that find sin to reaccess me at times. I seem to not notice them too quickly when it happens, but soon notice the things that i am not doing: reading my Bible, Praying a true and hearfelt prayer. I even notice a personality change at certain moments that gives me an enjoyment or interest in something that I otherwise have no interest in. Ok, I am fully loving Jesus Christ, and trusting Him to be my savior. I even pray that I am not one that will be told to depart, for He never knew me. There seems to be some new interest in that particular verse in Conservative Churches now. I think it is a good point, for the very people that Jesus is telling to depart did some miracles and even did God's work; but they were doers of iniquity.

So, your opinion and discernment do matter very much on this as well. Are demons getting to us as Christians?
Do they bother you?

Hi L10. To address your quote in blue above...

Most of us go through what you are explaining here at one time or another and in differing ways. We get distracted, we allow ourselves to stray.

I find it happening to me when I stray a little (just a little) from Jesus. I don't however put it down to demons.

I put it down to me being bone idle lazy in attending to my spiritual (and most important life), and paying more attention to others stuff like work, non saved friends, etc.

We all have earthquakes, wind and fire around us most of the time, life is just like that, and to some of us a gentle breeze would seem to be a tornado to another. We are after all, all different.

That"s why we need to stay close to God at all times, and listen to the whisper of the Holy Spirit's voice..

Like this...

1Ki_19:11 And he said, "Go out and stand on the mount before the LORD." And behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind tore the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. And after the wind an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake.
1Ki_19:12 And after the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire the sound of a low whisper.

Parker1

Parker1

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,123 posts
  • Interests:Growing in the knowledge of and having a relationship with Jesus the Christ; Football.
Good and evil cannot occupy the same space.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts

The thread question may be too broad, but feel free to simply answer that if you wish... or... consider reading on and even asking a friend that usualy never even talks about Satan or Demons join the discussion; a Christian friend. That would be of interest, for it almost seems that the other forum participants don't come on here too much, except with a prayer or quick passage. It is worth a great discussion, for Jesus spoke so much of Evil. I will make it a point to go to other discussion topics more, for balance is so important. Let's tackle a tough situation that I just witnessed recently.

I have a co worker that approached me to share that He is going to get baptized. I asked him where, when etc, but he seemed to want to talk about his Rap abilities, and believing that He will be symbolized as being saved. He then steered from the baptism subject for a while to share that he wants to maintain the demons in his body, coz they give him creativity and edge. Of course I shared some scripture, kept on the subject; but He only wanted to share that another Christian at work was always telling him that he needs to get rid of his actual real demon oppression/possession.

There are some obvious traits that He at least has some, but many people would just say that is rebellion.
So, it got me thinking. Now he has been baptized in a Christian Church, shared whatever he professed; but what now.
Sure, Baptism does not mean salvation, but His Eternal Security upbringing has him also believing that He is still saved since He was saved as a teenager. He did many bad things since then, and admits this. He says he hopes to do less now, and that this will seal his relationship with God. "God" is the word,, and he avoids "Holy Spirit and Jesus".

So, keeping this from a Calvinist debate entirely; I need to at least suggest that this poor guy believes that demons are helping his life, and keeping him still a Christian. Ok, I believe that a Bible Believing, fully Born Again Christian can have demons that oppress them, and possibly even within the actual body, but not within the spirit. Sorta the Don Dickerman argument. Most Spiritual Warfare Authors do seem to agree that a Christian can have a demon that oppresses them. From there, they vary from parts of the body, soul, to places that can never be domain. Pertinent to this subject would also be the Psalm that speaks of never having the Holy Spirit removed from me.

Yes, Greater is he in Christ, than He who is of Satan's realm, or any other. What is their authority and complicating motives though. Why does my coworker struggle so deeply? Why is my life so difficult with horrible messes?

With this in mind, what do you really think is at stake here? Is he just calling temptations and sins demons, sensationalizing things? Or, is He really believing that one can serve two masters? We know the answer to the latter.

Do they bother you?
Too bad there is not a way to have the many Christians that never discuss Satan or his realm to read this topic. I would be interested in what they say. The Joel Osteen sort of preaching would tell people to simply speak good, speak truth; and evil is then gone.
Is that rebuke? Many wonderful Christians also just want to avoid speaking of the Devil. I am sure you all know many.

Sorry to have so many questions in this thread. Yep, changed it over from a post in one area, to a thread topic. Reply to whatever touches your heart.

Your capitalization of 'he' when referring to your friend totally threw me; I had to read your post twice to understand it. I will have to agree with Parker1 on this one. Evil (demons) cannot occupy the same space as good (the Holy Spirit). IMO, your friend is not truly saved until he rids himself of the demons.

OldShep

OldShep

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Interests:Amateur volcanologis, part time thrill seeker, hang gliding, photography, climbing mountains, taking long walks in the jungles/woods and talking to God, ie Jesus Christ plus flying. World traveler, Retired Engineer, learning from others, and helping others. Good with my hands and fixing things that need fixing.

NO!

However, you have to understand that just because a person calls themselves a Christians doesn't mean that the human part has to have a demon in them to choose to do something evil. The human soul wants to do what pleases it's self, most of the time those who follow Christ are tempted every day, in some way shape or form to live in this world. They need not have demons in them to turn their backs to the advise and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Then there is the clear fact that not all those who have been baptised are really followers of Christ. There are NO demons here on earth that are here to help any person, all gain gotten by following such has a price that price is the soul of those who turn to away from God and seek power, fame, or what have you over that of Jesus Christ. The fact is that all human have enough evil desire within their own hearts to become officers in command of Satan's army, all on their own.

Example. I know of a couple, who at the time was going through a rough time in their marriage. Both indicated the thought that if they recommitted their lives over to God than things would start to work it's self out. However, one was just playing a game to get whatever they could from the other and all those who were trying to help them as a family. Both were Baptised in the name of the Lord Jesus, both professed their belief in Christ and the idea that this was an outward expression of an inner change within themselves. After the service, one went home to be caught with their lover, their drug supplier, by a small group of alders who decided look into the needs of the couple. The Pastor of the church was very upset over what had happened and for many years refused to baptize another couple in the same tank together, thinking that somehow, the water it's self was defiled by the one who either faked or refused the rebirth in Christ. Yet forgiveness was given, and one, was given a chance to work at the church, they returned the help by stealing. One was given special help which was they used as a tool to entice those given the help into sexual sin. Cocaine is a very powerful tool that robs people of their very lives, their income, their whole families at times.

Watch and in time you will see the master which is being served. Freedom of choice can be a real eye opener at times.

I would draw him aside and talk to him, tell him what you are seeing and help him walk a path that leads to Christ and involve him in the fellowship of others in the church. Do not try to lead this person by yourself, for the temptation seems to be strong. May the Grace of God be with you and may He give you what is needed to lead this person from the cliff they may be standing on to the path which leads to the narrow gate.

ICL~~~~Dennis

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,609 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Friends and Climbing

I really enjoy discussing the Bible. There is so much to learn and so much to share.

I am led to reach my hand out, in love, to those in need.
When we accept Christ we are promised the following, even if we did have a demon before:

2 Corinthians 5:17-19
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

The only way this can happen is to have Christ in us, cleaning out the old man, even the sin we once harbored. We are no longer alone for we have Christ in us through His Spirit.

We then can understand the following:

Matthew 12:43-44
When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none.Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order."

Our house was swept clean, but it is not empty. No evil spirit can return when His Spirit is in us.

Rejoice! Give God the Glory!! We are sealed unto salvation!!!

2 Corinthians 1:21-22
Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

Ephesians 1:11-14
In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,619 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied. Any technology with blinking and flashing lights, no matter what it does...

When we accept Christ we are promised the following, even if we did have a demon before:

2 Corinthians 5:17-19
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

The only way this can happen is to have Christ in us, cleaning out the old man, even the sin we once harbored. We are no longer alone for we have Christ in us through His Spirit.

We then can understand the following:

Matthew 12:43-44
When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none.Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order."

Our house was swept clean, but it is not empty. No evil spirit can return when His Spirit is in us.

Rejoice! Give God the Glory!! We are sealed unto salvation!!!

2 Corinthians 1:21-22
Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

Ephesians 1:11-14
In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

And then there is this.....
Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?

Rom 8:38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,
Rom 8:39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts
  • Interests:Pursuing the fulfillment of the promise that I have been given power to become one of the sons of God.

Very difficult topic and controversial with many.

Eph 5:31-32 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

1Cr 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Jam 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

For everything that is natural there is a spiritual counterpart. Let no one deceive you. Just as a man or woman can commit physical adultery against their mate, so can they commit spiritual adultery against Christ. One can be joined unto any spirit that tries to seduce them into committing spiritual fornication/adultery. How else does the temple become defiled? Coming soon to a temple made without hands is the abomination of desolation as spoken of in Daniel. There is a reason for the parenthetical statement (let him who readeth understand).

Gary

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,609 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Friends and Climbing

I really enjoy discussing the Bible. There is so much to learn and so much to share.

I am led to reach my hand out, in love, to those in need.
Gary, being deceived is not being possessed. The man of perdition is not saved and never was.

Miss Agapelove

Miss Agapelove

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:My interest in life is to serve Gods will ...x
Hello Brother L10

You have many questions in this thread, I do not wish to confuse you or myself so I would like to offer my opinion here if I may?
" Do Christians still have Demons in them"?

The Bible indicates that the demons are fallen angels who, along with Satan, rebelled against God.

Satan and his demons now look to destroy and deceive all those who follow and worship God. The demons are described as Evil spirits and Angels of Satan (Revalation 12v 9)

Satan and his demons deceive the world......
2 Corinthians 4 v4

4/Satan who is God of this world , has blinded the minds of those who dont BELIEVE .They are unable to see the GLORIOUS light of the Good News .
They dont understand this message about the Glory of Christ , whi is the exact likeness of God .
5/You see, we dont go around preaching about ourselves , We preach that Jesus Christ is Lord, and we ourselves are your servants for Jesus sake .
6/ For God, who said "Let there be Light in the Darkness" has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the Glory of God that has seen the face of Christ.7/ Now we have this light shining in our hearts , but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containingthis great treasure. This makes it clear that our Great Power is from GOD not from ourselves.

The Good news is revealed to EVERYONE , eccept to those who REFUSE to BELIEVE .
Satan is " The god of this world" His work is to deceive, and he has blinded those who dont believe in Christ & ( money- power-and pleasure ) blinds people to the light of Christ's GOOD NEWS .

Those who reject Christ and prefere their own persuits have unknowingly made SATAN THIER GOD!

As for the casting out Demons ......
Mathew 8 v 28-34
Jesus Heals Two Demon-Possessed Men

28 When Jesus arrived on the other side of the lake, in the region of the Gadarenes,[g] two men who were possessed by demons met him. They lived in a cemetery and were so violent that no one could go through that area.
29 They began screaming at him, “Why are you interfering with us, Son of God? Have you come here to torture us before God’s appointed time?”
30 There happened to be a large herd of pigs feeding in the distance. 31 So the demons begged, “If you cast us out, send us into that herd of pigs.”
32 “All right, go!” Jesus commanded them. So the demons came out of the men and entered the pigs, and the whole herd plunged down the steep hillside into the lake and drowned in the water.

When the demons entered the pigs they drove the animals into the sea .The demons actions proves their destructive intent , if they could not destroy the men , they would destroy the pigs .

Jesus 's action by contrast shows the value he places on each human LIFE !

Good News though.....The bible tells us that there end of the world the devil and his angels will be thrown into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur( Revalations 20v 10) When the demons asked if Jesus had come to torture them " before God's appointed time" it showed they knew their ultimate fate!

If a Christian HEART is full of God's Light & Believes in God as their Lord & Saviour, (there is no place for the god of darkness the Devil or his Demons) ! THEY SHALL BE GONE ...in the name of Jesus ..Amen

Love & Blessings your sister in Christ...tina x

Edited by Miss Agapelove, 17 September 2012 - 04:52 PM.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,500 posts
  • Interests:camping computers
I would disagree that demons are fallen angels.

Miss Agapelove

Miss Agapelove

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:My interest in life is to serve Gods will ...x

I would disagree that demons are fallen angels.

Dear theotherone
Revelation 12 ......

The Devil is not a symbol or Legend, He is very real origionally Satan was an Angel of God, but through his own pride, he became corrupt.
The devil is God's ENEMY , and he constantly tried to hinder God's Work, but he is limited to Gods power and can only do what he is permitted to do (job 1v 6 -2-8)will decribe in detail of Satans limitations)

The name Satan means " ACUSSER" He actively looks for people to ATTACK!
Satan likes to pursue believers who are vunrable in their faith , who are SPIRITUALY WEAK, or who are ISOLATED from other BELIEVERS!

Even though God permitts the Devil to do his work in this world , God is still in control!
And Jesus has COMPLEAT CONTROL over Satan .
He defeated Satan when he died and rose again for the Sins of Everyone .

One Day Satan will be bound FOREVER !
Never again to do his EVIIL work.

The critical blow to Satan came when the lamb, Jesus Christ , shed his blood for our sins.
The VICTORY is won by sacrifice -Jesus Christs death in our place to pay the penalty for our sin, and the scarifices we make because of our Faith in Him.
As we face battle with Satan , we should not fear it or try to escape from it , we should loyally serve Jesus Christ , who alone brings VICTORY !

The Devil begins to step up his persicution because he knows "he has little time "
We are living in the last days and Stan's work has become more intense.Even though the Devil is very powerful , as we can see the condition of our WORLD , he is

ALWAYS UNDER GOD'S CONTROL!

One of the reasons God allows Satan to to work EVIIL and bring temptation is so that those who PRETEND to be Christ followers will be
"Weeded out from Christ's TRUE believers "

Knowing that last great CONFRONTAION with Jeus is near, Satan is DESPERATELY trying to RECRUIT as great an Enemy force as POSSIBLE for his final battle .....

The Apostle Paul tells us that we are in a Spiritual battle , he says that the war is still being waged, but the outcome has already been determined.

Satan and his followers have been DEFEATED and will be DISTROYED !

Nevertheless Satan is battling daily to bring more into his ranks and to keep his own from defecting God'd side.

Those who belong to Christ have gone into BATTLE on God's side, and he has GUARENTREED THEM VICTORY !

GOD WILL NOT LOSE THE WAR, but we must make certain not to lose the battle odf our OWN SOULS !
Do not waver your COMMITMENT to CHRIST .

A great spiritual battle is being fought , and there is no TIME FOR INDECISION!........keep your Spiritual Amour on.....x

May God Bless You

Love & Blessings tina

Edited by Miss Agapelove, 19 September 2012 - 10:43 AM.

marvalusxoxo

marvalusxoxo
  • Members
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Jesus and my faith, reading, running, scrapbooking, knitting, caligraphy, singing
missagapelove...after reading all the post yours is the only one I agree with in terms of biblical truth. It is imperative that we as believers remain in God's truth as our only means to undestand and explain not only our faith but everything related to it. Satan indeed is a defeated fow and let us not forget that. Our Lord Jesus Christ is our victor when He died on the cross for our sins. In addition, our Lord says in His word that we have in us the One who is stronger than the one who is in the world. No where in the bible says that a saved christian can be possessed by demons for the Holy spirit is indwelling us. We certainly can be oppressed by them but remember the verse I just quoted ealier. If our trust and faith and reliance is in our Lord and savior; if He is for us who can be against us....nobody ...nothing can separate us for the love of God...no things on earth or under the earth not powers or principalities and so on. Therefore, let us us never forget who we serve and who is total absolute control and not to ever forget that the evil one cannot do anything without our Lord's knowledge. How precious and gracious is our Savior. May honor and glory and might and power be His forever and ever amen.

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts
  • Interests:Pursuing the fulfillment of the promise that I have been given power to become one of the sons of God.

Gary, being deceived is not being possessed. The man of perdition is not saved and never was.

Of course not Alan. Interesting that that is what you read my post to be saying. I really need to work on delivery. I understand that you and I are on two entirely different sides of the topic in question.

Gary

L10

L10

• PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Sports, nutrition, theology, Bible study, enjoying people that seek purpose over success, loving God's creatures. I am the Goose whisperer.

Do they bother you?

Hi L10. To address your quote in blue above...

Most of us go through what you are explaining here at one time or another and in differing ways. We get distracted, we allow ourselves to stray.

I find it happening to me when I stray a little (just a little) from Jesus. I don't however put it down to demons.

I put it down to me being bone idle lazy in attending to my spiritual (and most important life), and paying more attention to others stuff like work, non saved friends, etc.

We all have earthquakes, wind and fire around us most of the time, life is just like that, and to some of us a gentle breeze would seem to be a tornado to another. We are after all, all different.

That"s why we need to stay close to God at all times, and listen to the whisper of the Holy Spirit's voice..

Like this...

1Ki_19:11 And he said, "Go out and stand on the mount before the LORD." And behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind tore the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. And after the wind an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake.
1Ki_19:12 And after the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire the sound of a low whisper.

I appreciate the kind advice, and it is helpful 90% of the time. Quite simply, it is not our exact walk or salvtion that rids a generational curse, or the usage of ouija boards, divination;; the list goes on. You can be a wonderful Christian, surrounded with every desire to please the Lord, but without rebuking what has entered us, it does not have to quit pestering us. Again,I conclude that these very same things make such a great difference in the direction and perspective.
I simply conclude via studies that Don Dickerman, Ing, and even Jesus made fairly evident.

L10

L10

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Do they bother you?

Your capitalization of 'he' when referring to your friend totally threw me; I had to read your post twice to understand it. I will have to agree with Parker1 on this one. Evil (demons) cannot occupy the same space as good (the Holy Spirit). IMO, your friend is not truly saved until he rids himself of the demons.

I agree that is an opinion. Remember the Bible never says that a Christian can not be oppressed, in fact can be oppressed by a demons. Many Evangelicals that have had the most experience with this have also eventually learned that there opinion changed as they faced the Christians that needed deliverance. Did the demons operate where the Holy Spirit resides?? Absolutely not. The soul? Very possible, as also to other areas of the body.

You may want to also take a deeper look into the studies and devotion that the leading Pastors have shared in this. Yes, especially the ones that don't just go after money.
I do respect your opinion though, but it maybe does leave holes in the idea that a Christian can be ruined by demons. This has happened.

L10

L10

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

missagapelove...after reading all the post yours is the only one I agree with in terms of biblical truth. It is imperative that we as believers remain in God's truth as our only means to undestand and explain not only our faith but everything related to it. Satan indeed is a defeated fow and let us not forget that. Our Lord Jesus Christ is our victor when He died on the cross for our sins. In addition, our Lord says in His word that we have in us the One who is stronger than the one who is in the world. No where in the bible says that a saved christian can be possessed by demons for the Holy spirit is indwelling us. We certainly can be oppressed by them but remember the verse I just quoted ealier. If our trust and faith and reliance is in our Lord and savior; if He is for us who can be against us....nobody ...nothing can separate us for the love of God...no things on earth or under the earth not powers or principalities and so on. Therefore, let us us never forget who we serve and who is total absolute control and not to ever forget that the evil one cannot do anything without our Lord's knowledge. How precious and gracious is our Savior. May honor and glory and might and power be His forever and ever amen.

I agree with everything you have said in this. Greater is he in Christ. Nowhere does it say Christians are possessed. Yes, they can be oppressed, and that also can deal with generational curses, occult pasts, and these very things do not simply go away due to our walk in Christ. We need to rebuke these unclean spirits that are clinging to us, waiting for little mistakes. While they have grounds to remain they will, but as you shared, they will not be comfortable. Hey, I know of a trusted testimony of an Evangelical Pastor that had a wonderful ministry many times, but had some issues that pointed towards some possible oppression at times. He finally went against his presupposition and went to councel about a possible deliverance. Demons of Free Masonry were spoken from His mouth, and the ancestors that had this Ma Na Bone demon also gave it interest in the Pastor. It was removed from bothering him any longer, and sincere prayers to keep it away were shared. When you read these testimonies, you sorta wake up to the reason why a few things are crazier than they should be.

Jayyycuuup

Jayyycuuup

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts
  • Interests:Theology.
    Histology.
    Science.
    Jesus.

Do they bother you?

"Yes, Greater is he in Christ, than He who is of Satan's realm, or any other. What is their authority and complicating motives though. Why does my coworker struggle so deeply? Why is my life so difficult with horrible messes?"

~We are weak, but God is strong, sufficient, mighty, Holy, and Merciful. Take up the Lord and Prosper, lead by Him and not by Temptation ! ~

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace, above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints-" (Ephesians 6:10-18)

God can and will deliver you (your friend) from the grasps of the evil one. Call upon the Lord and bear his protection and armor. Your friend first must be willing and wanting to rid these spirits of falsehood, without his willingness he will remain blinded by this. If your friend is willing, God WILL keep him from all evil. (Psalm 121:7)

~God Promises His Protection~
"Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed heaven. Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning ANYTHING that they ask, it will be done by My father in Heaven." (Mathew 18:18-19)

Let us gather here today and pray for the soul that is in the grasps of the wicked one, those whom provoke shall have no bearing nor reign over your friend any longer. As we pray to you God, reach your very hand upon his friend and uplift him with your righteousness, Heaven and Earth tremble in your might, so shall the wicked. Sharpen your sword Lord and cast the evildoers to the very place at which they came ! Bind the spirits oh merciful King and in your Name, we say be gone! In Jesus Name, Amen !

(Psalm 91:1-16) "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation."

~Discernment~

I do not know your struggles and such, but from your brief explanation of your struggles, it appears that your just having issues with dedication. Sit down, pray that the Lord rebrings His fullness and love back into your heart and your soul, and it will be brought. We Christains tend to pay too much attention to the otherside of things, when it really comes down to us. It is easier to place our troubles and such upon something, rather than looking at ourselves and saying I messed up, Lord I am sorry and please reapply my faithfulness in you. Set aside the time and refind your love, it starts with you. When you cannot find the strength to move forward, call upon the Lord !

Stay blessed !!!
God bless you

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network