• Latest Posts

• This “call” was made in 457 BC by the king to set the time for the 4th and final Great Jubilee, the beginning of the 70 weeks prophecy. This was the time God established to restore all Jerusalem and its people. The physical elements, the Levitical ceremonies, the Sabbatical cycles, their complete restoration after their complete destruction by the Babylonians. Only God could have prophesied and orchestrated such a complete plan of restoration. And most importantly, He would include within His plan the restoration of the presence of God in the Sanctuary: only God could restore the ARK in the form of the coming Messiah within this remarkable plan of complete restoration.  I don’t understand this interpretation. There is a purpose for presenting the 4 kingdoms in the history of His people. His plan of restoration would begin in n 457 BC and end 490 years later in 33 / 34 AD. God provided this time prophecy which placed the time brackets around the “restoration process” but He also revealed those “restorative” elements that would be completed WITHIN this timed prophecy. Further, He described the completion of the physical elements in the first 7 weeks and the spiritual elements in the last week of the prophecy. Both the Jews and Jesus had their respective obligations in completing the full restoration of Jerusalem, His city, etc. The city, the Temple, etc., were TOTALLY destroyed… nothing remained standing. This has nothing to do with the Gentiles-Daniel is written to and for His people and His city.  No, the image covers the kingdoms of Babylon, Medes-Persia, Greece and then the mighty Roman Empire WHICH IS WHEN THE MESSIAH ARRIVES.  Jews would complete their mission of the “restoration process” BY THE END OF THE 69th WEEK OF THE 70 weeks of years prophecy. The Messiah would complete His mission WITHIN the last of the prophecy. This was all prophesied in 9:24-27 (not only the “restorative” prophecies in 9:24-25, but also the “destructive” prophecies in 9:26-27 that would take place AFTER THE CROSS and a direct result of the cross.    In 9:24-25, there is the restorative elements - both physical and spiritual. In 9:26-27, there is the destructive elements- both physical and spiritual. These two sets cannot be separated  by claiming the first set speaks to the Messiah and His city and then the second set now speaks of some mythical “anti-Christ” figure some 2000 years in the future. This is all about the restoration of His people, His city, culminating at His arrival in the last week AND the consequences of His people rejecting Him.  I don’t agree. Each of the 4 kingdoms were put in their time and place to fulfill their respective mission WITHIN God’s plan of restoration and salvation for His people, His city and because of their transgressions, the salvation of all mankind. Daniel was written for His people and His city, however, as a result of their rejection, God would remove His presence from His people (those who rejected Him).    Because His people disobeyed Him (prior to Babylon), He destroyed everything in Jerusalem and punished His people for 70 years. He sent them away to be held captive in Babylon. Fast forward some 1600 years and now Jerusalem and His people are fully restored. Now, they are awaiting their coming Messiah but they do not realize this is when the 70 weeks of years prophecy is concluded with the coming of their Messiah. For the first 3.5 years of the last week of the prophecy, Jesus would have His ministry. He would complete the presence of God (ARK) in the Sanctuary, and, despite His rejection, would fulfill all 6 of His God given mission found in 9:24.    The book of Daniel is for His people and it is only AFTER their rejection will God turn to the Gentiles. This will begin the TOTG’s.  The most important mission of “His chosen people” was to preach the one true God if Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to the world. But they kept Him to themselves and failed to consider these pagans / Gentiles as their peers or equals and certainly not worthy of THEIR God.    Therefore, after they rejected Him and crucified Him , God would now take on that responsibility to reveal the one true God to the Gentiles. Through the cross and by sending His Holy Spirit, He would bring His covenant to the Gentiles… Only “those Jews” (the pottery clay in 2:41) who accepted Jesus as their Messiah, as opposed to “those Jews” (the ceramic clay in 2:41) who rejected their Messiah, would go out into the world preaching the Good News. This begins the time of the Gentiles.   Please see the response above for this… I don’t think 1967 had anything to do with the book of Daniel or its prophecies. The 70 weeks of years prophecy was completed even though the Messiah was cut off “in the midst of the week.” The time of the Gentiles is still ongoing. God will decide when it has come to and end and THEN HE WILL REMOVE THE BLINDNESS FROM THE EYES OF HIS PEOPLE (their Damascus experience), and they will preach the Good News for 3.5 years. This will complete the 4th and final Great Jubilee. The GJ is a period of 490 years and it was set to coincide with the 70 weeks of years prophecy (457 BC to 33  / 34 AD). But when they crucified their Messiah “in the midst of the week” or 3.5 years INTO  THE LAST WEEK OR THE LAST 7 YEARS OF THE PROPHECY), it stopped the counting of the 490 years. At the time of the cross there was 483.5 years of the GJ period (as well as the 70 weeks of years prophecy) completed. Thus, there are 3.5 years THAT MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE THE MESSIAH CAN RETURN. So, we will know the end of the time of the Gentiles when God will remove the blindness from their eyes. I doubt that we will miss this unbelievable event.     Again, please see the responses above.  The book of Daniel is all about their continuous disobedience to God BEFORE the  invasion. They would disobey God in not allowing the land to rest every 7 years. Finally, through the book of Jeremiah, we learn that God would punish His people for 70 years IF THEY DID NOT REPENT. But before the Babylonian war invasion, He would remove the Ark of the Covenant from within the Sanctuary. This was the first piece of furniture to be taken away (but this was the only piece taken away by the Jews. God would allow the complete destruction of His Temple, His city, the walls and the streets, EVERYTHING, BUT NOT THE ARK. Not the presence of God would He allow to be taken by the Babylonians. This was meant for His people not the Gentiles.    But God would design a plan of restoration where each piece of what WAS DESTROYED would be restored in the reverse order they were taken away or destroyed. This was His opportunity to put back the first piece of furniture back into the Sanctuary that was taken away - Jesus would be anointed on the first day of the 70th week of the prophecy (plan of restoration) in the form of the Messiah. Only then was the “restoration” complete! Now, the presence of God was back with His people. Only God could have written such a beautiful plan. So almost all of Daniel speaks to the period from 606  BC (Babylon) to the end of the prophecy (3.5 years after the Cross). But of course, the consequences of their rejection of their Messiah would call for those events found in 9:26-27 which would occur after the Cross.    Very kind of you to mention that! I agree. The Covenant is NOT A 7 year covenant- God does not make such a “timed” covenant. If He made only a 7 year covenant with His people, that certainly would not be a “ better covenant.” The New Covenant that is identified in Jeremiah 31:31-34 is this “better covenant.”  But so much of 9:24-27 has been INTENTIONALLY misinterpreted by the RCC in the 16th century AND has been taught this to each generation since then. The TRUE rendering of this verse (9:27) can easily be seen- the Messiah was to arrive at the end of the 69th week of the 70 weeks of years prophecy. AND HE DID- EXACTLY ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE LAST 7 YEARS. Therefore, His God given mission found in 9:24 was to be fulfilled DURING these last 7 years (not a 7 year covenant- that makes no sense. It was His covenant WITH HIS PEOPLE THAT HE WOULD MAKE DURING THE 7 years that were “set aside” for His ministry.      I certainly agree with you.  This I do not agree with. First, the “Covenant” was to be entered into with His people - not the Gentiles. Second, even though they crucified their Messiah, the Covenant DID NOT END. I am not sure of this but I think that every covenant God entered into with man He ALWAYS fulfilled and honored His side of the agreement AND man has always failed to keep their side of the agreement. This is no different.    In 2:41, God revealed two types of clay that would be seen AFTER the Stone (Messiah) struck the feet of the 4th kingdom and separated or broke into pieces the iron and the clay components in the feet. Verse 2:34 is NOT an end time event but symbolically represents the cross (the Messiah will separate those of His people from within the iron kingdom that will accept Him as their Messiah (pottery clay) from those who would continue to reject Him (ceramic clay). Verse 2:35, however, DOES represent a true end time event- the threshing floor scene.    The two “destructive” consequences of their rejecting and crucifying Him was: 1) those same physical elements that He allowed His people to restore DURING the 70 weeks of years prophecy would now be destroyed. But they would be destroyed because they were no longer needed. They were a type and shadow of the coming Messiah. THEIR mission was now fulfilled by the Messiah. They would no longer have any purpose in God’s plan of salvation.    2) but the most important “destructive” element as a result of the cross would be a “spiritual” lose or removal. This is called “the Abomination of Desolation.” This is NOT an end time event that EVERYONE claims. It represents the most “abominable” act the Jews could ever have done to or against their God. Nothing could compare to this transgression! We all witnessed what God had done to His people for disobeying the keeping of the “land Sabbath” - He destroyed everything and sent his people into captivity for 70 years. Should we expect a greater punishment for rejecting AND crucifying Him ?    So, this is the AOD! It is the most abominable act that would cause God to become completely desolate with His people for the next 2000 years (time of the Gentiles). He would turn His face from them UNTIL He will bring them back and restore them once again and He will remove the blindness from their eyes.      I would ask you to look at the following verses: 1) Matthew 24:15  2) Mark 13:14.    Both speak to the AOD by Jesus. In Matthew, … when you see the AOD “standing in the holy place…” but not n Mark, … when you see the AOD “standing where it ought not be…” What do these two very different phrases mean? 1) As you know, Matthew speaks about Jesus AS A KING. He is a King like David - their Messiah the king. Meaning, Jesus, who was rejected and crucified (the AOD) was SUPPOSED to be found standing in the holy place. This is where one would expect to find their Messiah, their King. 2) But in Mark, he does not speak of Jesus as a king, but as a “servant.” Thus, Jesus our suffering servant (our AOD) is NOT expected to be found in the holy place. No servant would be allowed in the Sanctuary.    Psalm 118 speaks to this and Jesus Himself in Luke 13:35, You house is left desolate. You will not see me again until you say, Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.  Matthew 23:37-39.  Zechariah 12:10.                 Romans 9:27-28.                     Isaac 60:1-14.                           Isaiah 49:6-8.                      Romans 11-25.                  Jeremiah 3:17.                     Romans 15:9-12   This is true. Daniel was written for His people and His city. After the cross, there is neither Jew or Greek, free man or servant - in other words, anyone from any nation can be saved.  All can come to God if they place their faith and trust in Jesus.  BUT, this does not mean that God is finished with His people. As I mentioned, the 4th and final Great Jubilee had yet to be completed. And ONLY the Jews are able to complete it. These final 3.5 days is when the Jews will realize the one they have pierced. For the remaining 3.5 years they will return to their God and preach the Word of God and the Testimony of Jesus. His plan of salvation IS FOR ALL WHO BELIEVE IN HIM, but the Jews still have to fulfill the final 3.5 years to end the final GJ, and bring in the Messiah.    Yes, I do agree with you. Again, whether you were a Jew after the Cross and rejected Him (ceramic clay) or you are a Jew at the end of time AND you refuse to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, there is no salvation for them.  In Daniel 2:44, it tells us … the kingdom will not be left to another people. This is a powerful statement: 1) the Jews, the chosen people were responsible for revealing and teaching the one true God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. But they failed. As a result, and quite contrary to the RCC, God would never again entrust the salvation of man to ANY group or people. Instead, He would turn that responsibility over to the ONLY ONE capable and willing to accomplish this - His Holy Spirit.    But also by doing this, He had removed the “curtain” symbolically and now EACH man would have their own access to God. Man would no longer have to go through a “chosen” people. The ONLY mediator is Jesus through His Holy Spirit. Unfortunately, the little horn (papacy) did not read this “small print” if you will. And they would indeed restore their own very thick curtain… they would declare that salvation must come through the Roman Catholic Church and obey THEIR laws, etc.    Not sure I understand your 3.5 year reference. In my opinion, the 3.5 years is the required period for the completion of the 4th Great Jubilee at the end of time.  If you have another interpretation, please let me know. I don’t see this at all. The time of the Gentiles WILL BE COMPLETED AND THEN JESUS WILL REMOVE BLINDNESS FROM THEIR EYES. They will be saddened and realize that Jesus was the One they pierced and this will make them mourn.  Not following you here. If you look at ANY Christian denominations, can you tell me they are preaching the Word of God, His 10 commandments AND the Testimony of Jesus AS IT WAD DONE BY PAUL OR JOHN OR MATTHEW, etc., in the 1st century after the Cross? No, not even one!  Take the largest denomination -the RCC which has over 1.4 BILLION followers. They follow the “little horn.” This is the group who have corrupted His 10 commandments, made tradition equal to or even greater than Scripture AND had declared the Magisterium (their teachings) to be greater than the Wird of God. They have declared the pope to be equal to God and so, so much more.  And the many Protestant denominations also have their own interpretations of the Scriptures and how to practice His Word. Today, many accept that Homosexuality is okay, there are different paths to salvation, and on and on.    Not sure if the “trampling has ended” comment or that the laws and the prophets are being taught. Most denominations, especially the RCC have placed the OT in the back room.    The 4th kingdom in Daniel will NEVER go away UNTIL the second coming. It is God who will destroy the little horn without human hands.  Remember, God had established ONLY 4 kingdoms in the chapter 2 metal man image. This was His structure or blueprint, if you will that would exist from 606  BC to His second coming. No other kingdom would be added to His 4.    However, in chapter 2, He does give us the ENTIRE PICTURE OF MANKIND. It begins with Babylon and ends with the 4th kingdom of Rome. Thst is it! We can NOT ADD TO OR SUBTRACT FROM HIS WORD.    But in chapter 2, God will reveal that this 4th kingdom WILL BE DIVIDED. It is symbolically divided when the Stone strikes the feet of the iron kingdom and breaks apart or separates the iron and the clay elements within the feet.    In chapter 7, God will give us a new set of symbols that speak of the same 4 kingdoms. Most of chapter 7 speaks to this 4th kingdom (as does the rest of Daniel). But as a direct result of the Stone breaking apart the iron and the clay WITHIN THE 4th kingdom, God will now reveal the “separated” elements. Now, we have 4 separates elements; 1) the “pottery clay,” - those Jews who would accept the Messiah, 2) the “ceramic clay” - those Jews who would continue in their pre-cross Jewish faith, 3) there would still exist the iron element since Rome (pagan Rome) would continue (iron legs AND feet) for another 400 years, 4) and the final piece that was separated by the Stone striking the feet was the 10 toes. And here is how God will symbolize each: a) the Jews like Paul would preach the Good News throughout the Roman Empire, b) the Jews who rejected the Messiah would continue until 70 AD,  c) pagan Rome would continue for another 400 years, d) God would now refer the 10 toes as 10 horns (powers). Now, rather than be kept within the iron feet, now, they would be “freed” and with that freedom, they would realize to the world just how much power they held.    And if you accept this, you will notice these 10 horns (which will later in chapter 7 be referred to as 10 kings) WERE IN EXISTENCE BOTH BEFORE AND AFTER THE STONE STRUCK THE FEET AND BROKE THEM OUT IF THE IRON. So, these 10 kings were in existence BEFORE the cross and cannot symbolize 10 kings that come in the future. They had to “be” at the time of the cross.    Getting back to your comment, pagan Rome or the 4th iron kingdom would come to its demise around 467 AD (chapter 7 -it will be slain and its body is destroyed).    Obviously, Rome did not immediately go away, but it was now “divided.” Soon, this new “divided “ 4th kingdom would be ruled by the Christian church (papal Rome) headed by the “little horn” of Daniel 7.    No they don’t but the RCC (little horn) is a true worldly power.  Yes, and that is a critical point. The 4th kingdom came into existence before the end of the 70 weeks of years prophecy would end. In fact, the Messiah arrived on the first day of the 70th week and of course, this took place in pagan Rome.  Well, that is enough for now. I am sure you have many questions. But please try and look at Daniel as one seamless story that has, at its focus, the arrival of the Messiah in the first century. It is all about Him.  Thanks, Charlie 
    • Could also be describing Antifa. Usually white, indoctrinated, come from wealth and privilege and a leftist household. (Purely my opinion).  
    • This is one of those cases where I really cannot discern the nature of your intent...are you saying the Lord requires people to be comfortable so HE can get some "word" in them...or are you being facetious?  Tatwo...:)
    • Neighbor…this “worship” you speak of here and I am including your prior descriptions as you have stated  “weekly corporate worship service”…“Worship is…as…serious business” is really “Judaistic” or perhaps “Catholic/Protestant/Evangelical/Pagan” as your description appears in my mind. I mean no offence…the picture your painting as I am seeing it…from your words in this post…looks like a “form of” typical ancient/modern temple worship…right? Think of worshippers going to the “temple/church/synagogue/building/edifice” and engaging in whatever and however they worship typically. How relevant to this discussion is Paul’s writing in Romans 12:1 for example where he explains “service of worship”…as they are translated from the same Greek word G2999 “latreia” defined as “divine service of worship”…let’s see what Paul wrote here…I think it fits…and may be helpful to us as we proceed in this endeavor? “Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.” Here the apostle Paul describes the “spiritual service of worship”…some of the very things you have brought forth here Neighbor…as “presenting your bodies as a living holy sacrifice.” What is that but a consecrated to God…week by week, day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute, breath by breath, thought by thought lifestyle…of sacrificing ones “personal desire” for their life…to the Holy Spirit…that He may “live His eternal life through us?” Which incidentally…would be the only way that our “living sacrifice” would be “accepted by God.” Typically people think of “sacrifice” as in the case of something that dies…however this speaks of one who is yet “alive…living…who’s existence is upon the alter in the most holy place in the temple of God…right? In Paul’s depiction of our “spiritual service of worship” we are to lay down our personal desires and ambitions…there’s the death required in sacrifice…receive our “unique call” from God in Christ…and in this allow the Holy Spirit to transform our mindsets from the “kingdom of darkness” to the “Kingdom of God” so that we may be able to “prove” what the “good acceptable and perfect will of God is”…agreed? This proving would be through our living and lifestyle…all of it. Which is what the Lord did prior to His delivery of that amazing picture on the mountain that day…no? Now we can see why you so passionately stated…oh yeh I felt you bro…“If my Lord's talk at the Mount is indeed a sermon, I don't think I have heard another from any pastor preacher priest in my lifetime that is anything like it.” I am not saying that corporate assemblies or gatherings are unacceptable…no I do not see them as such…however neither can they be defined as “spiritual service of worship”…to the Lord…in and of themselves. There is so much more to this…I’ll leave it here for now. Tatwo...:)
    • I can relate...however when these hirelings read from the scriptures it is the same as sermonizing to me because…one…most of them are not called nor qualified to divide the words of righteousness. Two…they typically are not living the life as described by the Lord on the mount that day. He bore the “Image and likeness of God”…the typical sermonizer does not…this bodes poorly for its hearers. Tatwo...:)
  • Who's Online

159 Guests
  • Popular Contributors

• Tell a friend

Love Worthy Christian Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Christian Blogs

• Blog Entries

• Birthdays

1. anita1
      anita1
      69 years old
    2. DrewA
      DrewA
      24 years old
    3. Gauntlet
      Gauntlet
      45 years old