- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 medium ribs celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder, or to taste (I've used green curry to and it works to)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Dash fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, or 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 3 cups mashed cooked pumpkin, fresh if possible
- 2 cups half-and-half or 1 1/2 cups milk and 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Parsley or chives, for garnish, optional
In a large saucepan melt butter over medium-low heat. Add chopped vegetables and saute until just tender. Add garlic and vegetable broth; bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt, along with the pepper, parsley, and pumpkin. Stir in half and half or milk and cream until well blended. Working with batches, blend until smooth and pour back into the saucepan. Heat through; taste and add more salt and curry powder as needed. Garnish with parsley or snipped chives.
This, I've made a LOT over the past few years. It's really very simple to make!