• Latest Posts

• Wouldn't it have been great if we had the original writings of the New Testament books?  Since we have only Greek translations, we lose some things that could have been clearer. Any interlinear scripture shows that God the Father's name Yahweh has been replaced in our English translations with Lord. Our English bibles refer to the only true God as Lord, and the readers eventually are no longer certain of who the term refers. Then, we use context to try to determine to whom it refers. With Yeshua speaking, context says he is speaking of His Father Yahweh.
    • Shabbat shalom (A Sabbath of peace) to you, Kristina! Welcome to Worthy! Thank you for that question; it's a very important one. "Falling short of grace" simply means coming close to the Grace of God given in one's life, but never achieving that outcome because one does not "follow through." God's Grace is MORE THAN SUFFICIENT for the needs of any individual. But, one must ASK God to apply that Grace to his or her own life. "God be merciful to me a sinner." (Luke 18:13). First, we need to understand what "grace" is and what is "GOD'S Grace." "Grace" in the New Testament is the word used to translate the Greek word "charis" from which we get our word "charity." Strong's Concordance defines it as ... 5485 charis χάρις, ιτος, ἡ (khar'-ece). From chairoo; graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude): -- acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace(- ious), joy, liberality, pleasure, thank(-s, -worthy). It can be summed up in the translation words "kindness" and "thankfulness." Also, it's usage is ... (a) grace, as a gift or blessing brought to man by Jesus Christ, (b) favor, (c) gratitude, thanks, (d) a favor, kindness. Some have said that God's grace is "unmerited favor." In other words, it is God's favor shown to us that we did not earn. God gave us His OWN SON to die on our behalf - as our "Sin" - that we could be named "His own Righteousness," which was demonstrated in His Son. This is called "the Great Exchange" (2 Corinthians 5:21). This is how God made it possible for Him to "reconcile" us by taking our place in judgment and sentencing, and this is how He "justifies" us.  Others use the word as an acronym to provide a simplified explanation: God's Redeption At Christ's Expense. So, "falling short" of that, is not "following through" and receiving His Grace because we don't make His Son's death our "sacrifice for our sins." Isaiah 53:6-11 (KJV) 6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. 7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. 8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. 9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. 10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; HE hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. 11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant (Yeeshuwa` or Jesus) justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Hope that clears it up for you. Does it?
    • Shabbat shalom, @FJK. I've said this before, but I think it's a good concept: The New Jerusalem will be our FINAL HOME! And, the New Earth will be our "backyard!"  
    • Shalom, FJK. Good questions! The New Jerusalem is a material structure that will constitute the capital city of the New Earth. It's constructed from materials that were known in Yochanan's day. All rocks and metals are constructed of inorganic compounds that exist in crystalline form as solids. Space is a GREAT place to grow perfect crystals, and that's where the New Jerusalem is currently being constructed. Hebrews 12:2 tells us, Hebrews 12:22-24 (KJV) 22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel. The Greek of verse 22 is intriguing: 22 ἀλλὰ προσεληλύθατε Σιὼν ὄρει, καὶ πόλει Θεοῦ ζῶντος, Ἰερουσαλὴμ ἐπουρανίῳ, καὶ μυριάσιν ἀγγέλων. Transliterated into English characters, we write: 22 Alla proseleeluthate Sioon orei kai polei Theou zoontos, Hierousaleem epouranioo, kai muriasin aggeloon. Translating word-for-word into English, we get: 22 But you-are-in-the-pr0cess-of-coming-to Tsiyown mountain and city of-God living, Yeruwshalayim from-above-the-sky, and a-myriad of-messengers.  The Greek word "ouranos" (pronounced "oo-ran-os'") means the "sky" and refers mostly to the atmosphere where the birds fly and weather happens. By adding the iota before the ending, we get an adjective form of the word, and we add the word "of-" to the translation of the word.   If we then add an appropriate ending for the number and gender of the word, we get the word "ouranioo" which is a genitive (or ablative) form of the word as "of-the-sky." When the Greek preposition "epi" is added as the prefix "ep-"  to the word, it adds the word "above": epouranioo = "of-above-the-sky," when in the genitive case. If it is the ablative case, it is translated as "from-above-the-sky." This is outer space, and it is where the New Jerusalem currently is being built. Also, this Greek word προσεληλύθατε or "proseleeluthate" is the second-person, plural form acting in the sentence as the perfect, indicative, active verb from the root προσέρχομαι or "proserchomai" which is, in turn, a combination of the preposition "pros" meaning "to/toward/with" and "erchomai" meaning "to come" or "to go." When changing this word to the perfect, indicative, active form, it changes the usage of the word within the sentence, but the original word "proserchomai" and "erchomai" are in the middle tense or the passive tense, meaning that the subject is being acted upon, whether by oneself passively or by another in middle tense. In other words, the word by itself means "being brought." So, it is currently "being brought" from above the sky. Although it looks like it is in the present as a perfect tense verb, the future tense is built into the word "erchomai." So, it is not saying that "we've aready arrived" in the Jerusalem from above the sky; it's saying that we're already in the PROCESS of coming to the Jerusalem from above the sky. So, contrary to belief, we don't go to the New Jerusalem (or "Heaven") when we die; the New Jerusalem is brought HERE, after the earth has been made anew - the New Earth with its New Sky. But, this happens at least a THOUSAND YEARS after the Second Coming of the Messiah with the promised Resurrection of those who belong to Him. In the meantime, we have some "clean-up" work to do, both in the lives of human beings and in the restoration of all things.
    • Let me ask you something. Do you think I would post this topic unprepared? Fact: There has never been written one systematic book based on a thorough exegesis of the topic from the Bible, dogmatically declaring that a leader is "THE" Antichrist, that is, until mine. The author to whom you refer is Stephen Hanchett who wrote a book, "Is George Bush the Antichrist?" in 2004. Below is an excerpt from a post I wrote years ago, revealing how ALL these previous books were political hack jobs, most written by unbelievers and all of whom merely asked "the question" or claim so-and-so is a "type" of antichrist (small a). And, as my post makes clear, Hanchett was no exception. Below is the quote: But what do we make of all these countless books that have been written identifying the AC? -- "billions and billions of them." Well, as you will see - they too are a bunch of demonizing hogwash - at best conspiratorial dribble and, in most cases, political hack jobs.  I thought we'd take a closer look at these countless books. Honestly, the ONLY reason I am even bothering to do this is because I am kind of a research nerd. I enjoy doing this stuff. But in point of fact, my book does not need defending. It speaks for itself. So, does the first one start with George Washington? No. Lincoln? No. Woodrow Wilson? No. Kennedy? No. The first I found was released in the year...(wait for it)....2004. It is titled: "Is George Bush the Antichrist?" Political hack job? Well, let's just take a look at some of his other books: "God Created Steve: a Biblical Case against Religious Bigotry" & "The Good News for Lesbians, Gays & Straights."  I don't know about you, but I'm guessing his Antichrist book is a bit "Scripture light." Not that it is necessary, but the reviews stated the book had horrendous grammar, had no mention of Scripture and used pagan sources. It even includes mocking pictures of Bush. (end of quote) I am not here asking questions. I am here making a proclamation. 
  • Who's Online

53 Guests
  • Popular Contributors

• Tell a friend

Love Worthy Christian Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Christian Blogs

• Blog Entries

• Birthdays

1. Bev52X
      Bev52X
      87 years old
    2. Charlie83
      Charlie83
      41 years old
    3. Him_Crucified330
      Him_Crucified330
      35 years old