christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My YouTube

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

TomB_2012

TomB_2012
  • Nonbeliever
  • 20 posts
My YouTube channel has recently become active again. I do music covers and originals, gaming videos, a few updates and stuff. Check me out at www.youtube.com/LOTRTom100.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,776 posts

My YouTube channel has recently become active again. I do music covers and originals, gaming videos, a few updates and stuff. Check me out at www.youtube.com/LOTRTom100.

:thumbsup:

Looking Good~!

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,501 posts
Well done Tom, how is college going?

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,923 posts
Wish I could strum like that, I don't pick the Guitar btw.

TomB_2012

TomB_2012
  • Nonbeliever
  • 20 posts

Well done Tom, how is college going?

it is going ok

TomB_2012

TomB_2012
  • Nonbeliever
  • 20 posts
Oh yeah. I have started singing and rapping. Mainly secular. And I always try to respect the music I am doing. So you may hear a few swear words. When I write music, it's rare that I swear in my own lyrics. So don't have a go at me if I swear in a video.

B3L13v3R

B3L13v3R

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
Hi TomB,
        Welcome to Worthy.

Hey some thoughts from a guy who used to have over 400 8 tracts, albums, and cassettes pertaining to many sorts of secular music. Rock, rap, jazz, country, you name it.
After a few short years in my new found walk in Jesus Christ, I found myself understanding that the secular music industry are "false preachers" in a sense.
Their message? Blaspheming God, sex, drugs, rebellion, witchcraft, depression, suicide, alcohol, killing, pride, bestiality, add infinitum...
And that is still their message today!
So, at the Lord's beckoning in 86, I tossed all of them in the trash. Some of them collector’s albums worth money because of their mint/pristine shape.

On the "swear words" ask God to help you grow in His ways, consider a few of His verses on the matter.

Eph 5:1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
Eph 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

1Co 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

Prayerfully have a go at reading through God’s Word from cover to cover, asking Him to teach the Truth found in His Word.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,776 posts

Prayerfully have a go at reading through God’s Word from cover to cover, asking Him to teach the Truth found in His Word.

If You Want To Sing From Your Heart With Something Worth Singing

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

Take The Lyrics From The Very Best

The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Psalms 12:6

TomB_2012

TomB_2012
  • Nonbeliever
  • 20 posts

Hi TomB,
Welcome to Worthy.

Hey some thoughts from a guy who used to have over 400 8 tracts, albums, and cassettes pertaining to many sorts of secular music. Rock, rap, jazz, country, you name it.
After a few short years in my new found walk in Jesus Christ, I found myself understanding that the secular music industry are "false preachers" in a sense.
Their message? Blaspheming God, sex, drugs, rebellion, witchcraft, depression, suicide, alcohol, killing, pride, bestiality, add infinitum...
And that is still their message today!
So, at the Lord's beckoning in 86, I tossed all of them in the trash. Some of them collector’s albums worth money because of their mint/pristine shape.

On the "swear words" ask God to help you grow in His ways, consider a few of His verses on the matter.

Eph 5:1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
Eph 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

1Co 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

If You Want To Sing From Your Heart With Something Worth Singing

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

Take The Lyrics From The Very Best

The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Psalms 12:6

I'm no longer a Christian. I felt that God hasn't really been there to help me, but to persecute me, or to help people persecute me. I have now resumed my status as an agnostic.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,776 posts

I'm no longer a Christian. I felt that God hasn't really been there to help me, but to persecute me, or to help people persecute me. I have now resumed my status as an agnostic.

Praying~!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And May God Bless You
Beyond All Measures And Expectations Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

B3L13v3R

B3L13v3R

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Hi TomB,
You give an example of who Satan really is, and not "God."
A lot of people over the centuries have felt that way towards God as Satan sits back and laughs as the real accuser .

Mat 13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

My prayer for you today before God Almighty is that you would have eyes to see and ears to hear the Truth of who God really is, and not what you believe Him to be.

When we believe God to be something He is not, we have set up a false image of god in our mind that does not exist. When any do this, God's second Commandment is broken by believing in this false god/idol that is in their mind.
Ex:20:4: Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

A bit on the "real" enemy and "bully" in this temporary world. Satan and his kingdom:
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

What the "real" God wants for you, and every true Christian:
Act 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. (Jesus Christ)

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Romans 10:8-13

I continue to encourage you to read the Bible from cover to cover. It's funny how so many can read so many other books but never once read through the Bible in it's entirety. Sadly at times, this can include many Christians.

And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh. Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
Ecclesiastes 12:12-14

Great test Tom for you, & the world:
http://www.NeedGod.com

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network