christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pastor Killed, Beaten With Electric Guitar

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,034 posts
http://www.nbcdfw.co...-176290281.html

LOVE SONGS

LOVE SONGS

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts
That is really horrible.

scargirl

scargirl
  • Members
  • 22 posts
yeah. it is really horrible. what else can be said? unbelievable.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,592 posts
Guy probably suffered a heart attack after being hit with the stun gun, happens more often then many like to admit. Coulda been a drug O/D as well, and not even related. Time will tell. In any case, I hope the family of the guy (assaulter) doesnt sue, the cops tried to take him alive-as opposed to ending it with a hollowpoint.

Peace Maker Tony

Peace Maker Tony

• PipPip
  • 108 posts
This is really sickening. My prayers are with the family and church.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,460 posts

:thumbsup:

All

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 2 Timothy 3:12

bryanw92

bryanw92

• PipPip
  • 127 posts

All

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 2 Timothy 3:12

This wasn't persecution. This was just another evil animal inflicting mindless violence on a human being. This has become so common that I actually said "just another" without even thinking about it. No one knows when one of these monsters will start stabbing, smashing, or shooting and who will be the next victim.

Fenwick

Fenwick
  • Members
  • 15 posts

This is really sickening. My prayers are with the family and church.

My prayers also. Truly Sad.

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,034 posts

All

Interesting take Joe, How do we know it wasn't judgment?

1Cr 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,460 posts

All

1 Crointhians 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

~

Yes

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 1 Thessalonians 5:9

And Amen

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
Matthew 5:10-12

Leonard

Leonard

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,865 posts
Awful as this was (May the Lord be of comfort +) I feel obligated to point out that some 1.5 million Americans legally own guitars, while 65 million Americans legally own guns.

On this same day, 65 million gun owners did not kill anyone.

Statistical analysis indicates we should take guitars away from people, not guns!

Floatingaxe

Floatingaxe

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,131 posts

Awful as this was (May the Lord be of comfort +) I feel obligated to point out that some 1.5 million Americans legally own guitars, while 65 million Americans legally own guns.

On this same day, 65 million gun owners did not kill anyone.

Statistical analysis indicates we should take guitars away from people, not guns!

Apples and oranges. Guitars are created for music. Guns are created to kill.

Cobalt1959

Cobalt1959

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

Bogus. And not apples to oranges since today legal gun owners killed no one. Maybe someone should tell them they aren't using their guns right. The above statement cracks me up every time someone uses it. Guns were created as a defensive tool. I take it you believe in gun control?

Floatingaxe

Floatingaxe

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,131 posts

Bogus. And not apples to oranges since today legal gun owners killed no one. Maybe someone should tell them they aren't using their guns right. The above statement cracks me up every time someone uses it. Guns were created as a defensive tool. I take it you believe in gun control?

Absolutely. We can surely see how people can run amok, and with a gun easily accessed, the potential devastation is endless. People cannot control anything apart from the accountability they provide themselves in government. Is it perfect? Nope. But only a fool can say that men can be trusted to be responsible with a firearm. Strict regulations are needed, and availablilty of all sorts of weapons needs to be restricted.

Cobalt1959

Cobalt1959

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

Absolutely. We can surely see how people can run amok, and with a gun easily accessed, the potential devastation is endless. People cannot control anything apart from the accountability they provide themselves in government. Is it perfect? Nope. But only a fool can say that men can be trusted to be responsible with a firearm. Strict regulations are needed, and availablilty of all sorts of weapons needs to be restricted.

Bogus once again. A gun is never responsible for anything. You can lay it on a dining room table, fully loaded and it is never going to run out and kill someone. A person has to pick it up and use it that way. It is always the person responsible, not the gun. Plenty of people got killed before the gun was invented, but according to your theory, shouldn't have been because guns are this intrinsically evil thing that suddenly invented murder at the same time. Murder has been around since Cain killed Able and Cain didn't need a gun to kill Able.

People can use absolutely anything irresponsibly, so to use your logic, we should strictly regulate everything that exists. In the United States, more people were killed with hammers last year than were killed with rifles. So to use your logic, we need strict hammer control, because using basic logic skills, hammers are more dangerous than rifles, obviously. Do you also support strict alcohol, tobacco an food control? Because in terms of deaths, per capita all those things result in many more deaths than are caused by guns. Obesity caused over 300,000 deaths in the U.S. last year compared to just over 31,000 deaths because of guns, so food obviously needs to be strictly regulated, since it kills so many people. Food was created to kill.

I have owned guns my entire life and I have never killed anyone, nor have I wanted to. And there was nothing about "the government" that somehow kept me from going around randomly killing people. That is one of the worst statements I have ever seen. That fear of government is the only thing that keeps people with firearms from running around randomly killing people. Not to mention it is highly insulting. I do not kill people because I have no wish or desire to. Neither do other responsible gun owners. Your position is the Liberal and irresponsible one that wishes to punish the entirety of society for the actions of a small group of law-breakers within it. No thanks.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,592 posts
interesting, how a guy is beaten to death with a guitar, and people are automatically going to gun control. The two are not related. Maybe you should be voting to ban the guitar. just saying, if you want to blame the weapon, then logically, the gun is innocent here, the guitar is the guilty party, and one shouldn't be a hypocrite and blame the gun. I propose an immediate ban on assault guitars, we all know comman man cannot be trusted with such a deadly weapon.

Leonard

Leonard

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,865 posts
This thread is yet another case study in the distorted 'reasoning' and intellectual contortions the gun-grabbers will go through.......

Cobalt1959

Cobalt1959

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

interesting, how a guy is beaten to death with a guitar, and people are automatically going to gun control. The two are not related. Maybe you should be voting to ban the guitar. just saying, if you want to blame the weapon, then logically, the gun is innocent here, the guitar is the guilty party, and one shouldn't be a hypocrite and blame the gun. I propose an immediate ban on assault guitars, we all know comman man cannot be trusted with such a deadly weapon.

Guitars are created to kill.

Floatingaxe

Floatingaxe

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,131 posts

The weapon is not the "guilty party"! :duh:

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,034 posts

All

1 Crointhians 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

~

Yes

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 1 Thessalonians 5:9

And Amen

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
Matthew 5:10-12

Another good observation but no way to know which it was. There are as many ways to point to judgment as there are to the possibility of persecution but in the end I must admit I don't know. Either way prayer and comfort for all who were affected or involved is first order.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network