christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

CIA Director Petraeus Resigns Over 'Affair'

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,934 posts
CIA Director Petraeus Resigns Over 'Affair'
by Ben Shapiro 9 Nov 2012, 12:30 PM PDT 1190 post a comment

Just two days after President Obama’s re-election, General David Petraeus, the CIA Director, has resigned from the administration over an extramarital affair. Petraeus was slated to testify before Congress next week on the murder of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens, in Benghazi, Libya. Bret Baier of Fox News just tweeted, "With Petraeus’ resignation effective immediately, he will not testify next week & lawmakers are said to be 'stunned' by the announcement."

Read on here

~~~~~~

Perfect timing, huh?

Guest_yod_*

Guest_yod_*
  • Guests
Lt. Col. Ralph Peters: Timing of Petraeus ‘Affair’ wreaks of Chicago-style politics

by Shoebat Foundation on NOVEMBER 10, 2012 in BLOG, GENERAL

During an interview with Neil Cavuto, retired Lt. Col. Ralph Peters chimed in on the timing of the news of CIA Director David Petraeus’ extra-marital affair. Citing his experience as an intelligence analyst, Peters seems to think that the Obama administration has likely known about this affair for some time but revealed it less than a week before Petraeus was due to testify under oath about Benghazi.

Though he qualifies his take by saying he could be wrong and that he’s not a conspiracy theorist, Peters thinks that Petraeus might have begun showing reticence to ‘play ball’ with the administration.

Possible?

Yeah, the timing is very interesting.

Guest_yod_*

Guest_yod_*
  • Guests

His resigning will not make him immune from having to testify. He can be made to take the stand and answer questions about anything he did during his time as CIA director.

Really? This will be interesting, because I was told the opposite by some friends in D.C.

Now that General Petraeus has resigned his position as the Director of the CIA, it was announced later today that he will not, indeed, be called to testify next week at this hearing.

OldShep

OldShep

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
I do believe if once checks history, they will find more then one general who spoke out against his commander, or disagreed with them somehow ended up being relieved of their duties, I knew Westmoreland...he did not see things the same way LBJ did....I also knew his replacement Gen. Abrams....both were very good leaders and men. This may very well be a bigger issue then what Joe Public needs to know, at this time.

JMHO~~~Dennis

Guest_yod_*

Guest_yod_*
  • Guests
Now that General Petraeus has resigned his position as the Director of the CIA, it was announced later today that he will not, indeed, be called to testify next week at this hearing. Like Eric Holder won't either when he steps down.

Hmm....2 down.

There were a few other distinguished military men who were "relieved of their duty" for refusing to stand down during the Bengazi attack, too. The military doesn't seem to like what O did there.

JustinM

JustinM

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,126 posts
Yes, General Carter Ham, Rear Adm. Charles M. Gaouette, and now General David Petraus.
That's a whole lot of stars to fall in the last 8 weeks.

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,008 posts
If he is called to testify or if anyone from the military who is in the know, is called to testify and the adminstration seeks to block their appearance at the hearing, we will then know that Petraeus' resignation and evading testimony at the hearing was not coincidental and that this was timed to avoid him having to appear.

JustinM

JustinM

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,126 posts
Apparently the timing isn't "optimal" for the State Department to attend this scanty little hearing either.

walla299

walla299

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,608 posts
I find the timing of the whole thing suspect, but that's just me. :)

Cajunluvie

Cajunluvie

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
Red flags overload.... just saying....

Guest_yod_*

Guest_yod_*
  • Guests
Now it's 3 down.

Hillary has an emergency visit to a friend in Australia and won't be able to testify either.

walla299

walla299

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,608 posts
They're running and ducking! :whistling:

It's like a bunch of kids smoking in the school bathroom when the principal shows up . . . folks scatter like roaches! :laugh:

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts
Apparently, sleeping around is only ok if your the president :hmmm:

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,407 posts

Petraeus is now the center of a sex scandal. That is why he resigned.

Ugh! Why do so many men in positions of power do this? It's like they think THEY'RE the one who won't get caught. :29:

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,407 posts

No, it's NOT okay....no matter who they are. And plenty of women do it too, btw. Still wrong.

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,008 posts

It's like a bunch of kids smoking in the school bathroom when the principal shows up . . . folks scatter like roaches! :laugh:

That's what I was thinking. I bet all of the married brass that have mistresses or boyfriends are frantically trying to cover their butts now, Lots of folks getting dumped tonight, LOL.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,407 posts

That's what I was thinking. I bet all of the married brass that have mistresses or boyfriends are frantically trying to cover their butts now, Lots of folks getting dumped tonight, LOL.

I'm not sure why we're surprised by this; I mean, how many times has it happened now?

OldShep

OldShep

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

I'm not sure why we're surprised by this; I mean, how many times has it happened now?

Being a former U.S. ASA officer, I'm surprised, that a lot of this personal stuff was recorded in e-mails. These men were all around during water gate, they know that whatever they write in an e-mail is not secured. No gaps in the tapes.....well maybe some were not around then...it has been awhile...as far as the sex part goes men and women have been doing it for years and the Oval Office has a few cases concerning inappropriate behavior of staff members in it as memory recalls....

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

No, it's NOT okay....no matter who they are. And plenty of women do it too, btw. Still wrong.

Im just sayin, a certain president a few years back got away with it somehow, and he didnt have to step down. . .

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network