christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

States ready to secede from the US?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
91 replies to this topic

Oneaccords

Oneaccords

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
15 States including Texas have filed a petition to secede from the United States

As of Saturday November 10, 2012, 15 States have petitioned the Obama Administration for withdrawal from the United States of America in order to create its own government. States following this action include: Louisiana, Texas, Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Colorado, Oregon and New York. These States have requested that the Obama Administration grant a peaceful withdrawal from the United States. These citizen generated petitions were filed just days after the 2012 presidential election. Louisiana was the first State to file a petition a day after the election by a Michael E. from Slidell, Louisiana. Texas was the next State to follow by a Micah H. from Arlington, Texas. The government allows one month from the day the petition is submitted to obtain 25,000 signatures in order for the Obama administration to consider the request.

The Texas petition reads as follows:
The US continues to suffer economic difficulties stemming from the federal government’s neglect to reform domestic and foreign spending. The citizens of the US suffer from blatant abuses of their rights such as the NDAA, the TSA, etc. Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect it’s citizens’ standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government.

As of 12:46 am, Sunday, signatures obtained by Louisiana, 7,358; Texas, 3,771; Florida, 636; Georgia, 475; Alabama, 834; North Carolina, 792; Kentucky, 467; Mississippi, 475; Indiana, 449; North Dakota, 162; Montana, 440; Colorado, 324; Oregon, 328; New Jersey, 301 and New York, 169. Many more States are expected to follow.

http://www.examiner....united-states-1

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,787 posts
Good for them. Wyoming needs to be next.

Oneaccords

Oneaccords

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
i'm hoping that the outcome will be peaceful

deleted *

deleted *
  • Members *
  • 0 posts
Please read my statement as to why this won't happen in the other thread concerning this.

LOVE SONGS

LOVE SONGS

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Please read my statement as to why this won't happen in the other thread concerning this.

why would it not happened..?
15 states are petitioning to sucede and it is splashed all over the internet.
But, what I am wondering about is ... will these states still be supported by the government ?

LOVE SONGS

LOVE SONGS

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts
States in 1860 seceded from the union. Wow they had their own President and Vice President ...their own constitution... printed their own money....made their own LAWS ! They became a new nation...the Confederate States of America.
Just what we need ... :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The United States was no longer united. It had been divided into two nations: the United States of America and the Confederate States of America.

Posted Image

The South was so serious about secession that they even started to print their own money, write their own constitution, make laws, and elect a president and vice president to lead the new nation.

The North’s Reaction Toward the Secession

With so many of the Southern states seceding, many Northerners, including Abraham Lincoln, felt they had to fight a war to get the states to come back to the Union. This war would soon be known as the Civil War.

Confederate Constitution

Posted ImageRepresentatives from seven of the seceded states met in Montgomery, Alabama on February 4, 1861 to write a constitution for their new nation. The convention selected Jefferson Davis of Mississippi to be the president of the new nation. The vice presidential position went to Alexander Stephens of Georgia. They called their new constitution the "Confederate Constitution" since it was written for the Confederate States of America. The leaders of the seceded states signed the Confederate Constitution in March. The Confederate Constitution was similar to the United States Constitution except that it guaranteed the support of slavery.

LOVE SONGS

LOVE SONGS

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts
I well know about the Civil War.. katy
My great-grand father faught in it.

LOVE SONGS

LOVE SONGS

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

I well know about the Civil War.. katy
My great-grand father faught in it.

My daddy was born in 1902.
I do know my family tree .

deleted *

deleted *
  • Members *
  • 0 posts
Once again LS. The reason why a succession will not work now is because how our government set things up. With so many military installations set up nation wide it will be quick for our government to shut this type of thing down. We think we have freedom here, we don't. The moment this thing gains any real traction will be the end of any "real" freedom that America has. Mark my words.

Guest_yod_*

Guest_yod_*
  • Guests

The moment this thing gains any real traction will be the end of any "real" freedom that America has. Mark my words.

That has already happened.

But if this secession movement gains any steam, all illusions will be gone. Not much chance of success, but freedom was never free. There was a time in our history when the saying "Give me liberty or give me death" was taken seriously.

If enough people still feel that way, we are in for a rough future.

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Once again LS. The reason why a succession will not work now is because how our government set things up. With so many military installations set up nation wide it will be quick for our government to shut this type of thing down. We think we have freedom here, we don't. The moment this thing gains any real traction will be the end of any "real" freedom that America has. Mark my words.

But didn't the Soviet Union break up despite having military installations in all of their former Soviet states?

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,787 posts
Im not convinced it will happen either, but its the thought that counts-the fact that theres people willing to stand up, and tell the government that their wrong, that gives me hope. It means there are still people out there, that are willing to stand up for what they believe in.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,892 posts
i do not believe that there is anything in the constitution that would keep any state from withdrawing from the union. i do believe that the Civil War was unconstitutional..... but I'm glad Lincoln did it anyway.

LOVE SONGS

LOVE SONGS

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts
If there is a secession... we probably would be completely separtated from the general government that we have now.

We would do like in the 1860's ... have our own president and vice president... print money...make our own constitution laws...etc..

Texas and Louisiana would keep their oil rights...drill and sell as much as we want.

I am just wondering if all this can go through . :)

Please don't shoot me down ... I thought those things happened in the past ...was in the past.
I really didn't think that a seccession can possibly happen again.. LOL

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts
Doesn't Texas have written in it's agreement to join the Union the legal ability to withdraw from the Union?

nChrist

nChrist

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,996 posts
Back to civics 101:

The people are the BOSS.
The state is a SERVANT to the people.
The Federal government is the SERVANT to the states.

We have a list of real grievances that involve illegal and Unconstitutional actions by the Federal Government. The people who PAY the bills have been abused and mistreated in a forceful, illegal, and Unconstitutional way. CONSENT OF THE GOVERNED is supposed to be our way of life in a FREE COUNTRY. What we have now is approaching TYRANNY. Our Federal government is out of control, CORRUPT, and dictating things they have no legal or Constitutional right to do. I suspect that any real effort to change things will involve a list of grievances and a mandate to address them. Make no mistake - things are serious and will NOT proceed the way they are now. The Federal government is completely incompetent and CORRUPT.

D-9

D-9

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

i do not believe that there is anything in the constitution that would keep any state from withdrawing from the union. i do believe that the Civil War was unconstitutional..... but I'm glad Lincoln did it anyway.

According to Wiki the Supreme Court ruled secession without consent is unconstitutional.

No State, not even Texas, has the right to secede from the Union without consent from the Union.

http://en.wikipedia....e_United_States

Edit:

Doesn't Texas have written in it's agreement to join the Union the legal ability to withdraw from the Union?

No, Texas doesn't have that clause, but it is a very popular misconception, even among Texans.

Edited by D-9, 12 November 2012 - 01:17 PM.

nChrist

nChrist

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,996 posts
If and/or when the movement becomes serious enough, nobody will care about consent of the Federal government. Since when does the Federal government do things according to the rule of law and the Constitution?

SavedByGrace1981

SavedByGrace1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

If and/or when the movement becomes serious enough, nobody will care about consent of the Federal government. Since when does the Federal government do things according to the rule of law and the Constitution?

They don't have to.

Tanks, bombs and nukes trump the Constitution.

Blessings!
-Ed

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,899 posts
Arizona made a real attempt at providing a means of secession. This is from 2000.

http://www.azleg.sta...ls/hcr2034p.htm

It did not pass either house or senate or the governors desk apparently, but local legislators attempted to pass a bill permitting az to secede. I hope we do not because mexico would just take us over lol. We Arizonans are a mite cranky at the feds atm.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network