christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Feeling burned out with work...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts
Been working OT for the past few months now, it is mandatory, its just too much at times, really been praying for a good change, im thankful for my job and feel blessed, but feeling my well is dried up, so to speak, need a change soon, been praying and seems my life is feeling stagnant, I need Gods intervention, hard to do things in my own strength anymore.

Blessings,
Desi

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts
Praying that God will strengthen you and fill your heart with encouragement. :heart:

Nitish

Nitish

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
Me as well....... Feeling so stressed because of the work pressure and they haven't paid me yet.........

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,810 posts
Guys let's pray together about this work stress thing. I have worked every public holiday and an average of one to two weekends a month (in various ways, like call out's etc), since the 15th December 2011. I worked Christmas day and new years day (eve), and have had 17 days off in a year. My days vary from early morning to sometimes late at night. I am working right through the Christmas holiday period again (in a very stressful environment)

But He is my rock. So pray this with me.

Lord Jesus, you are my rock and my foundation. On your promise I stand. I pray for strength and endurance. I pray that you make straight the path I must walk. Remove the stumbling blocks, open the doors that should be opened, and close those that should be closed. I pray You fill in my valleys and make flat my mountains. I pray You soak me in Your living, spiritual, strength giving, healing waters.

I rest in You and You alone. Amen.

Nitish

Nitish

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
Amen to that Fez...

I have posted a topic titled "Prayer at times of work pressure"

www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/158317-prayer-at-times-of-work-pressure/

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts
Praying for each of you.

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts
Thank you all.... :wub: :mgcheerful:

blessings,
desi

2Joyful

2Joyful

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts
May the Lord refresh your mind, body and spirit.
In Jesus Name, Amen.

freeinnocentspirit

freeinnocentspirit

• PipPip
  • 184 posts
I think its really important to maintain a work life balance. I was in your situation for a long time and its now that I have changed jobs I sit back and I think wow - I actually lost years out of my life due to over committing to a job. More importantly always include a positive source in your lifestyle. Working long hours can make you a little depressed at times.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,304 posts

Guys let's pray together about this work stress thing. I have worked every public holiday and an average of one to two weekends a month (in various ways, like call out's etc), since the 15th December 2011. I worked Christmas day and new years day (eve), and have had 17 days off in a year. My days vary from early morning to sometimes late at night. I am working right through the Christmas holiday period again (in a very stressful environment)

But He is my rock. So pray this with me.

Lord Jesus, you are my rock and my foundation. On your promise I stand. I pray for strength and endurance. I pray that you make straight the path I must walk. Remove the stumbling blocks, open the doors that should be opened, and close those that should be closed. I pray You fill in my valleys and make flat my mountains. I pray You soak me in Your living, spiritual, strength giving, healing waters.

I rest in You and You alone. Amen.

Amen, Praying for you Fez.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,891 posts
Praying~!

bryanw92

bryanw92

• PipPip
  • 127 posts

Been working OT for the past few months now, it is mandatory, its just too much at times, really been praying for a good change, im thankful for my job and feel blessed, but feeling my well is dried up, so to speak, need a change soon, been praying and seems my life is feeling stagnant, I need Gods intervention, hard to do things in my own strength anymore.

Blessings,
Desi

I'm praying for you. I'm in a similar situation. Lots of mandatory OT, so little time. I have the added guilt of understanding that the reason employers exploit us with this mandatory OT is so they can avoid hiring more people. We are a nation where more than 10% of adults have no job and another 15% are underemployed, yet those of us who are "fortunate" enough to have a good job have to do the work of several in the name of profit for a small few. How did we get this way? Computers and automation was supposed to make life easier, but all it did was to concentrate the work in a smaller number of employees.

~Shalhevet~

~Shalhevet~

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts
You're not alone. Make sure you take time to relax. I take a nice bubble bath every Saturday and soak for at least an hour. Saturday mornings are my pampering time. :)

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts
Thanks all. Just an update with OT, it has increased from 10 to 15 hrs wkly, just going to walk it out.....this shall soon pass.

Blessings,
Desi

Editor1

Editor1
  • Banned
  • 38 posts
Working too much can stress one out as quick as anything else. We all need down time. Too many people pack their schedules too full during the holiday season. Try to cut back and take some time for yourself.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network