christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bill O'Reilly's Talking Points

Politics vs Ideology

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

Parker1

Parker1

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,091 posts
I am posting this link here instead of in the political arena because it is not really about politics but ideologies here in the US. If it needs to be moved I'm sure it will be.

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts

Bill's opening point was that people "who want stuff"--Hispanics, blacks, and women--will vote for him. Does he even listen to what he saying? Dismissing these people, like Romney did, as having no other values in this election than getting stuff, those people "who can't take personal responsibility." All Hispanics and Blacks are free-loaders? And what is he saying about women? Racist and misogynic in one fell swoop. Nice. Who needs to listen to any more of this appalling and divisive attitude.

As Christians, paying any attention to him or the other half on MSNBC will only cause unnecessary complaints and argumentation. We need to come together for God's holy work and pray that God will heal and guide this country.

(Also by implication, white males do not "want stuff" and must be voting from a purity of heart for a Conservative.)

I'm surprised that you considered this O'Reilly's opening point. For someone who hates politics so much, you sure do like tangling yourself in it :confused: .
Don't you think you'd be more productive lighting candles rather than cursing the darkness?

In any event, his point was the way the leftist media twists everything and viciously attacks those opposed to their ideologue.

And he's right.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,587 posts

Top Republicans say Romney didn't offer specifics

"His campaign was largely about his biography and his experience," Jindal said. "But time and time again, biography and experience is not enough to win an election. You have to have a vision, you have to connect your policies to the aspirations of the American people. I don't think the campaign did that and as a result, this became a contest between personalities and — you know what? — Chicago won that."

Romney cast his loss in a different light, at least in a phone call with top donors Wednesday. He asserted that Obama won re-election because of the "gifts" the president had already provided to blacks, Hispanics and young voters and because of the president's effort to paint Romney as anti-immigrant.

The Republican nominee didn't acknowledge any major missteps and said his team had run a superb campaign.

http://news.yahoo.co...Y3NfZ2FsBHZlcgM

They DID run a great campaign......the only problem they had was not realizing how much things have changed. I didn't either ..... until this year. :confused:

ENOCH2010

ENOCH2010

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
numenian the party you so proudly uphold approves of gay marriage and on demand abortion.You might ought to get the beam out of your own eye before going after the speck in O'Reilly's eye.

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,483 posts
Neither party is perfect, but the Democrats are the party of the lowest common denominator. It is the party of the dregs who support the things that are the worst about our country. The GOP has its hangups too, but it is not anywhere near as bad as what we see coming from the left. To try and cast both parties as equally bad is dishonest.

SavedByGrace1981

SavedByGrace1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
Some people who claim "I dislike both parties" but seem to criticize only one of them - might be taken a tad more seriously if they at least found fault with the democrats.

At least once in a while?

. . . .just sayin'

Blessings!
-Ed

ENOCH2010

ENOCH2010

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Some people who claim "I dislike both parties" but seem to criticize only one of them - might be taken a tad more seriously if they at least found fault with the democrats.

. . . .just sayin'

Blessings!
-Ed

:thumbsup:

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,342 posts

numenian the party you so proudly uphold approves of gay marriage and on demand abortion.You might ought to get the beam out of your own eye before going after the speck in O'Reilly's eye.

If you were actually following what I said, ENOCH2010, I have not anywhere backed the Democratic Party. And I do not back the Democratic Party. It is very easy to avoid an open and honest look at O'Reilly's appalling comments [see my Atwater post], to me, by accusing another of bias. If you are not aware of it, my first thread was the total non-involvement in politics. I have not changed on that stance. Pointing out how mistaken it is to make Christianity a wing of a particular party is not support for the other party; this would be equally wrong.

If I recall correctly... Your first thread had the following talking points that were never backed: http://www.worthychr...ng-in-politics/

A. The Founding Father’s of America violated Scripture and the nation was conceived in sin.

B. Romney's formula was capitalism through America’s sweat shops, company stores, and Darwinist attitudes to the poor.

C. The American Way was no good full of deception from top to bottom.

D. America is no different than the worst oppressive government on earth.

Now let's just ignore B because it really doesn't matter Obama has been elected for a 2nd term. The other three points are still relevant.

For someone who's not interested in politics you sure do discuss it a lot. :)

God Bless,
GE

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,342 posts

. . . .just sayin'

Blessings!
-Ed

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: x 2

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,672 posts

If you were actually following what I said, ENOCH2010, I have not anywhere backed the Democratic Party. And I do not back the Democratic Party. It is very easy to avoid an open and honest look at O'Reilly's appalling comments [see my Atwater post], to me, by accusing another of bias. If you are not aware of it, my first thread was the total non-involvement in politics. I have not changed on that stance. Pointing out how mistaken it is to make Christianity a wing of a particular party is not support for the other party; this would be equally wrong.

If I recall correctly... Your first thread had the following talking points that were never backed: http://www.worthychr...ng-in-politics/

A. The Founding Father’s of America violated Scripture and the nation was conceived in sin.

B. Romney's formula was capitalism through America’s sweat shops, company stores, and Darwinist attitudes to the poor.

Now let's just ignore B because it really doesn't matter Obama has been elected for a 2nd term. The other three points are still relevant.

God Bless,
GE

My points were thoroughly backed by Scripture. Any number of verses against worldliness that clearly, in my view, speak against involvement in politics.

In Romans13, it restricts in no uncertain terms, without any addendums, looholes, or amendments--in other words, an absolute NO--to rebellion. "Submit" period. If the "governing authorities" violate God's law, you do not obey but humbly submit to their judgment, in due time. Corrie Ten Boom, out of a love of neighbor, hide Jews from the Nazis collecting them for the concentration camps. She did not join the Resistance. When caught, she did not try to take a few of them with her. Render unto caesar.... Jesus did not say, as the situation in Jerusalem demanded, "No taxation without representation." That our revolution created quite an impresive nation may hide the fact that there was a far better and non-violent way to resolve this disagreement, which may have served God in a greater way.

B. Romney's formula was c apitalism through America’s sweat shops, company stores, and Darwinist attitudes to the poor.

Did not drag Romney into this, although he is over-qualified in this regard, but used these many faults to show the real fruit of America. On any given Sunday, in any given church, a pastor will go on and on aboout the great sins of America. How do you tell the tree?

This is false; never said anything like this. Truth can be found in pieces of our founding documents.

Somewhat true. All nations will turn against Israel. All nations are under the influence of Satan, though that does not stop God from using those governments for His ends.

It is pretty hard to discourage political involvement without confronting that involvement directly. I could talk football or the weather and hope my point is somehow made obliquely, yet speaking directly to the problem usually is best. If a preacher gives a sermon against adultery, is he entangled in adultery? If that sermon becomes a series, is he an adulterer?

God Bless,
GE

Again for those who have been playing hokey, such as goldeneagle and ENOCH2010, since I got here, I am and always have been against any involvement in politics by Christians. The "refocus" thread and others underscore why.
I have never swayed from this conviction in all my comments. The Church has become very vocal about same sex choices for love and marriage, and that needs to be said. The majority here and elsewhere among Christians has a marriage to the Right; the Left is spoken of as demons. Tell me, is there any sense in discouraging you from the liberal view? Why bother. The spell, allure, of wedding Christianity to the Rightest view is the one that needs to be broken. Exposing the common duplicity of this party, it's many faults as regards tenets of our faith, may help, yet so many seem so entrenched in their political stance, I am losing some hope.

I am a right-wing conservative, through and through, and feel no need or desire to have that "rightest view" broken. The right is correct, and the left is demonic. If your desire is to change my thinking in that regard, you may as well give up, because it is a lost cause.

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts

nebula, if you ignore all of what I said I guess you could have a point. Someone suggested a link to view and I gave my view of what I heard; that is not entangled in politics but a review of a person's comments. You cannot see that he is doing the same thing against the Left and that many Rightists do the same over what the Left believes? Listen to Rush, read all the news outlets belonging R. Murdock, listen the Beltway media.
Both spread divisiveness; to believe otherwise is dangerous for a Christian. Listen again without your apparent hatred for the Left and you will see what I mean. Just a candle for you.

No, numenian, that is not a candle. That is just more finger-pointing. Judging the judgers is still judging.

Lighting a candle would be pointing people to Jesus.

There was a group of young people who initiated a 24/7, 40-day worship event on the White House Ellipse before the election. That was lighting a candle.

A response post that offered prayers for Bill O'Reilly and for the people O'Reilly mentioned in his memo would be lighting a candle.

Encouraging us to fix our eyes on the spiritual battle without nay-saying anyone would be lighting a candle.

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,483 posts

runningator, you are a voice crying in the wilderness. Here that seems to mean immediate personal attack. It appears I am already condemned; my voice ignored. Perhaps you can still help to break the Christian allure to wedding faith to politics. God bless you in that endeavor.

mine will be too, there is no acceptance for those that see things like you and I do. If you are not on the far left or the far right there is no place for you.

The sweet irony is that on this board I am branded the bleeding heart liberal and on a different forum I am a part of I am the right wing wacko.

Neither side can grasp that it is possible to be critical of one of the chosen parties without supporting the other one, they think it is an either or affair.

Until we can move to the point where the country is more important than the party, we are lost.

and the fact that Christian hitch their wagons to the GOP shows just how messed up things are.

When will souls again be more important than laws and votes? will it ever happen again?

Now who is being melodramatic. You can stop playing the martyr card. You are just as hostile and partisan towards others so you really have no moral ground to stand on. I doubt your care one whit about souls. Liberals always throw that at us to deflect attention from the issue because their immoral positions are so indefensible.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,362 posts
If it gets personal, as a few posts in this thread have, I will lock it.

Please read the TOS.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network