christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hostess closing bakeries

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts
Egads!

http://www.foxnews.c...s-after-strike/

Matthitjah

Matthitjah

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,514 posts
Yes, the Unions and Leftists win again.

What's 80% of nothing?

I sincerely had a discussion about this with the Cashier in Sam's Club today as I bought a Hostess value pack that they sell there. She said the Company was wrong and I asked her what was wrong about it as the issue was over the fact that the Company could no longer stay in business paying the Labor and Pension that it was. She said, "Well, maybe some of those folks are counting on their pension," and I agreed.

Then I asked her, "What's 80% of nothing?"

That's the issue. These folks ran the company out of business over a 20% cut now they have nothing.

Of course. I live in MD and that didn't sit too well with some folks in line. LOL I asked them," when does it end?" Is it when we get to the status of Greece??????

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

Hostess closing bakeries

:20:

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts
I see the government gaining new people to support. This is a sad self induced happenstance.

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
Jam 4:1 From whence [come] wars and fightings among you? [come they] not hence, [even] of your lusts that war in your members?

The whole of James applies here. If man would simply love and serve God, he would not have to worry about things like this but covetousness and the love of money get the best of people who go about leaning upon their own understanding and fall into the various pits before them being consumed.

God help us all.

Gary

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,587 posts

Hostess closing bakeries

:20:

Double :20: from me, man! I don't eat treats, as a rule, but when I do....I want Hostess Snowballs!

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,566 posts
I used to belong to a union for as long as I worked but in this case they are crippling a whole group of people and putting them out of work for perhaps ever! WRONG! There goes the great economy BO ran on!!

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,587 posts
I don't see this as political...just stupid. :glare:

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts
Go to YouTube and search "Judge Judy entitlement argument"

~~

I know this isn't everyone who is in need of government assistance, but it is a mentality that is too pervasive and is what is destroying everything about the system.

ENOCH2010

ENOCH2010

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
Another good company busted by the union way, recon obamey will buy the Hostess company for them with the tax payers money?

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,587 posts
and what will we do now, in case of a nuclear war? what will we eat? we will be stuck with cockroaches!

walla299

walla299

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,775 posts

and what will we do now, in case of a nuclear war? what will we eat? we will be stuck with cockroaches!

:24: :24: :24:

Good one. :thumbsup: Always figured Twinkies would outlast the next Ice Age . . . :whistling:

OldShep

OldShep

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
Sorry repost for this picture: from: http://www.redstate.com
Posted Image

Leonard

Leonard

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,865 posts
IT'S THE LAST DAYS, PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
Those union people will go and get jobs with other companies, and if they don't have unions there, they'll demand/form them, and then proceed to suck the lifeblood out of those businesses as well. It'll be Hostess over and over again.

Cobalt1959

Cobalt1959

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

I don't see this as political...just stupid. :glare:

The entire union issue has always been political. The Left supports the unions whole-heartedly, and unions, every single one of them, are run by Organized Crime and the people who control them are all thugs. Strikes and walk-outs are nothing but legalized blackmail. And we see how well it all worked out for Hostess.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,587 posts
Num-once upon a time, I agree, unions were needed, and even necessary-they did improve working conditions to a great deal, and were a necessary part. However, proven fact-proven over and over again, all power (except Gods) corrupts. Over the years, the need for unions has diminished drastically-even the "trash jobs" are decent, compared to what they used to-the law governs a lot of working conditions, and jobs that dont treat employees fairly, often get shut down or cant find employees. So the need for them has diminished-however, the Unions power has increased-and as stated previously, all power corrupts, the more power the unions have gotten, the more corrupt they are. right now, I do not doubt in the slight bit that they are controlled by organized crime-in many cases, I think they are the organized crime. Unions, are no longer needed and are detrimental to the economy-they need to go away completly, at least until an actual need for them arises again.

D-9

D-9

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts
Patriot, I don't dispute that many Unions are probably no longer necessary and have become corrupt. But just as the power of Unions increasing corrupted them, don't forget that they were needed in the first place because the companies they worked for had so much power they were corrupt; unless you want gov't regulating companies to ensure things like fair wages the Unions are the only power keeping companies in check. I know many mining companies still are corrupt as they are evading the safety protocols with their influence on the system itself (so it's all legal on paper, not so much legal in the spirit of the law) as it increases profits, and profits are ultimately the only variable in the free market. We need to strike a balance between the power of workers and the power of managers, but don't ask me how to do that because I don't know.

My neighbor works for Hostess, well used to, he is close to retirement (he had like one or two years left max) but because the company went out he lost 1/3 of his pension. As such he now has to find a new job, lucky for him he had a contact with another company and it looks hopeful. He wasn't part of the Baker's Union, and his faction urged the Bakers to get back to work, and now he is out 1/3 of his pension. What do the CEOs do, they write themselves massive bonus checks for "how well they managed the company" and leave their workers who wanted to work out to dry.

My point is that companies are not some shining beacon of morality that we should emulate just because of their economic prowess, like everyone the boss is human too and given power they too shall corrupt it.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,587 posts
thats a good point D-9, Im not saying the companys are always any better. Like I said, at one point Unions were a necessity-its just with so many regulations out there now, that I dont think their necessary, and have become corrupt. Im not against the idea of a union-Im just opposed to what modern unions are. Thats not to say the companies are any better-the power corrupts works in companys as well, and greed is human nature.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network