christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Different forms of government

* * * * * 2 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts
The other night several of us were having a discussion in Bible class about forms of government.
One of the men said that all forms of government have been tried, and each failed.
This made me wonder if in fact all forms of government have indeed been tried.
Can you think of any that may yet be untried? Maybe some new form we have not thought of to date?
Does this fact mean anything, if it is true? I ask this because I wonder if God has allowed us
to prove to the world that no form of human government can succeed for any long period of time.

TrackerJack

TrackerJack

• PipPip
  • 167 posts
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
John Adams (The Works of John Adams, ed. C. F. Adams, Boston: Little, Brown Co., 1851, 4:31)

John Adams may have been right about Morality and our Republic, but I believe that mentality applies to ALL forms of government.

Let me explain.

The United States has encouraged democracy throughout the world. How's that worked out for us?

Hamas was elected into power by the Palestinians, the Muslim Brotherhood has been elected into power in Egypt. I'm sure there are plenty of EVIL democracies in place. Some might even say that America has an evil democracy in place.

The TYPE of government isn't the issue. It's the MORALITY of the government that's the issue. Let me provide you with an example.

The people will flourish under a caring and benevolent dictator.
The people will suffer under a harsh and unethical republic.

Unfortunately, due to the depravity of man. There's no government that won't eventually become evil.

EXCEPT.

For the Theocracy that will be established once Jesus returns.

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Unfortunately, due to the depravity of man. There's no government that won't eventually become evil.

EXCEPT.

Yes, exactly.

I think this is where our country stands right now.

Again I agree.

Now, have all forms of government been tried?

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,908 posts

One of the men said that all forms of government have been tried, and each failed.

:thumbsup:

IMO - No

And ye have this day rejected your God, who himself saved you out of all your adversities and your tribulations; and ye have said unto him, Nay, but set a king over us. Now therefore present yourselves before the LORD by your tribes, and by your thousands. 1 Samuel 10:19

~

This made me wonder if in fact all forms of government have indeed been tried.
Can you think of any that may yet be untried? Maybe some new form we have not thought of to date?

IMO - Yes

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

Yes

Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. Daniel 7:23

Yes

Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little.
Blessed are all they that put their trust in him. Psalms 12

~

Does this fact mean anything, if it is true? I ask this because I wonder if God has allowed us
to prove to the world that no form of human government can succeed for any long period of time.

IMO - Yes

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts
He is always our answer!

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
John Adams (The Works of John Adams, ed. C. F. Adams, Boston: Little, Brown Co., 1851, 4:31)

John Adams may have been right about Morality and our Republic, but I believe that mentality applies to ALL forms of government.

Let me explain.

The United States has encouraged democracy throughout the world. How's that worked out for us?

Hamas was elected into power by the Palestinians, the Muslim Brotherhood has been elected into power in Egypt. I'm sure there are plenty of EVIL democracies in place. Some might even say that America has an evil democracy in place.

The TYPE of government isn't the issue. It's the MORALITY of the government that's the issue. Let me provide you with an example.

The people will flourish under a caring and benevolent dictator.
The people will suffer under a harsh and unethical republic.

EXCEPT.

:amen:

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts

EXCEPT.

Yes, exactly.

I think this is where our country stands right now.

Again I agree.

Now, have all forms of government been tried?

No; the theocracy that Jesus will set up is yet to come. It's the only government that will succeed. :mgbowtie:

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network