christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The times, they are a-changing'

* * * * * 1 votes by Fred Cordia

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

Parker1

Parker1

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,092 posts
I did not write this. It is simply one man's opinion: posted on November 20, 2012 at 1:21am.

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests
Obama won the election.

People need to accept that and move on.

Bold Believer

Bold Believer

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,628 posts

Obama won the election.

Baloney. He Ain't My President. I didn't vote for him. I don't support him. I won't support him. There is no Biblical mandate to support godless leaders, in fact, if you read the Scripture, the opposite view prevails. There are in my mind serious questions about the legality of the whole thing. (How can California's 55 electoral votes be given to Obama with 0% of the precincts reporting for example?)

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

Obama won the election.

Baloney. He Ain't My President. I didn't vote for him. I don't support him. I won't support him. There is no Biblical mandate to support godless leaders, in fact, if you read the Scripture, the opposite view prevails. There are in my mind serious questions about the legality of the whole thing. (How can California's 55 electoral votes be given to Obama with 0% of the precincts reporting for example?)

Romans 9
17 For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth.”
18 Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.
19 You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?”
20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, “Why have you made me like this?”
21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?
22 What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction,
23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory,
24 even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Bold Believer

Bold Believer

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,628 posts
I've seen some things out of context before, but this takes the proverbial cake. God is showing his power in (through) godless Pharoah TO JUDGE PHAROAH, to show the contrast. You might better consider Romans 13, which states that all authority comes from God. Please see "Law and leaders."

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

Baloney. He Ain't My President. I didn't vote for him. I don't support him. I won't support him.

I've seen some things out of context before, but this takes the proverbial cake. God is showing his power in (through) godless Pharoah TO JUDGE PHAROAH, to show the contrast. You might better consider Romans 13, which states that all authority comes from God. Please see "Law and leaders."

Indeed.

Romans 13
13 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.

2. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,677 posts

Baloney. He Ain't My President. I didn't vote for him. I don't support him. I won't support him.

Indeed.

Romans 13
13 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.

2. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.

And the supreme power in this nation is the Constitution, not the President. Obama has been ignoring the Constitution and "going around" it as RG admitted, so we are under no obligation to follow him. In addition to that, he has no more power than Congress or the Supreme Court. We don't have a king. Then there is the matter of how God will cause an uprising of the people to bring about his purposes, as when he raised up Jereboam to take the majority of the Kingdom away from Solomon's son because of his sins. I agree with Bold Believer.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,677 posts

Obama won the election.

There is a question over massive voter fraud around Cleveland and Philadelphia. Then there are all those military votes that were misplaced till one day after the election so they wouldn't be counted. I am still not convinced Obama was born in Hawaii, because the last BC he presented was a fraud, and I don't care if people want to attack me for not believing it is legitimate. Now that he is re-elected, he needs to be impeached for making recess appointments when Congress was not in recess. In other words, he resisted the power and violated the Constitution. Since Congress won't keep their oath of office to protect and defend the Constitution, I don't expect them to do anything, as they are resisting the power. The whole system is broken.

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

Indeed.

Romans 13

And the supreme power in this nation is the Constitution, not the President. Obama has been ignoring the Constitution and "going around" it as RG admitted, so we are under no obligation to follow him. In addition to that, he has no more power than Congress or the Supreme Court. We don't have a king. Then there is the matter of how God will cause an uprising of the people to bring about his purposes, as when he raised up Jereboam to take the majority of the Kingdom away from Solomon's son because of his sins. I agree with Bold Believer.

If the president isn't a governing authority, what is he?

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,677 posts

I did not write this. It is simply one man's opinion: posted on November 20, 2012 at 1:21am.

I agree with most of what he said. Thanks for the link. I added the Patriot Action Network to my favorites. I plan to look into it further. I like what I saw.

We do have a broken system, and need to fix it. What I suggest is a Constitutional Amendment that makes the states authority clearly supreme to the powers of the federal government. It would make it to where the feds couldn't strike down any state law, for supposedly being unconstitutional. It would prevent the federal government from telling the state what they could do with their land. The EPA could no longer restrict drilling or mining, or any kind of power plant from being built. States like Arizona and Texas would be free to protect their borders. The majority would rule in each state, and the feds would be impotent to do anything about it. The states could even reject treaties made by the federal government. The only real purpose of the federal government would be national defense. All matters of education, welfare, even whether or not to regulate drugs and weapons would rest with the state. The states could even set up their own state religion, or allow tolerance to all religions. You would have demoncracy in it's purest form, but at the local level. Those of us in the south-east don't even resemble those in New England, and those in New England aren't the same as those in California or the mid-west. The Mayor of Chicago spoke of how Chic Fil-A doesn't represent their values. Perhaps Starbucks doesn't represent our values? Let the people decide the government they want, but at the state level.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,677 posts

Indeed.

Romans 13

He is no more powerful than Congress or the Supreme Court, and they are all bound by the Constitution. The Constitution is the supreme governing authority in America. They all take an oath to protect and defend it, and they are all guilty of violating it.

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

He is no more powerful than Congress or the Supreme Court, and they are all bound by the Constitution. The Constitution is the supreme governing authority in America. They all take an oath to protect and defend it, and they are all guilty of violating it.

So does that mean he isn't a governing authority?

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,677 posts

My Congresswoman is a governing authority. My Senators are governing authorities. My two Senators resist each other all the time because they are from differen't parties. There is Biblical precident for resisting authorities in certain circumstances. The Apostles were resisting authorities when they refused to stop preaching in Jesus name.

BTW, I don't believe Obama is a legitimate governing authority at all, as I don't believe he was born in Hawaii, so he is not legitimate. Until I see a real birth certificate proving he was born in Hawaii, I will never accept him as a governing authority. He is no more legitimate than Athalia was in Judah. She was the governing power for nearly 7 years, reigning as queen. She killed all the seed royal, and became queen. One of the royal seed was preserved, and when he was old enough, they overthrew Athalia, and made him King. They resisted her power, because she was not legitimate, though she reigned. Obama is not legitimate. He is not Constitutionally qualified to serve as President.

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

My Congresswoman is a governing authority. My Senators are governing authorities. My two Senators resist each other all the time because they are from differen't parties. There is Biblical precident for resisting authorities in certain circumstances. The Apostles were resisting authorities when they refused to stop preaching in Jesus name.

BTW, I don't believe Obama is a legitimate governing authority at all, as I don't believe he was born in Hawaii, so he is not legitimate. Until I see a real birth certificate proving he was born in Hawaii, I will never accept him as a governing authority.

That's between you and God.

As for the rest of the world, Obama is The President of The United States. No matter how loud you scream, that will remain a fact until he is removed from office........................................if he's removed.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,677 posts

BTW, I don't believe Obama is a legitimate governing authority at all, as I don't believe he was born in Hawaii, so he is not legitimate. Until I see a real birth certificate proving he was born in Hawaii, I will never accept him as a governing authority.

That's between you and God.

As for the rest of the world, Obama is The President of The United States. No matter how loud you scream, that will remain a fact until he is removed from office........................................if he's removed.

And I couldn't care less how the rest of the world views him. Anyway, I will support secession if that is the course my state chooses to persue, but I think a Constitutional Amendment giving all the power to the states is a better solution. That is what I plan to promote personally, and that is not resisting the powers. It is within my Constitutional rights. Then the nation can stay together, but the states will be out from under the tyranny we are having to endure from Washington.

Bold Believer

Bold Believer

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,628 posts

Indeed.

Romans 13

However, if you DO consider Romans 13, you must also consider Daniel, who, when confronted with a godless leader and a godless law, he ignored it AND DID WHAT GOD DESIRED.

However, if you DO consider Romans 13, you must also consider Moses' mother, who, when confronted with a godless leader and a godless law, she ignored it AND DID WHAT GOD DESIRED.

However, if you DO consider Romans 13, you must also consider Rahab, who, when confronted with a godless leader and a godless law, she ignored it AND DID WHAT GOD DESIRED.

However, if you DO consider Romans 13, you must consider the apostles and martyrs, who when confronted with a godless leader and a godless law, ignored it AND DID WHAT GOD DESIRED.

The Scriptures are eternal and never contradict each other, therefore, Paul who wrote by the Holy Spirit, and the prophets who wrote by the SAME Holy Spirit, must not be in contradiction. This means then, that Paul never meant absolute obedience to godless leaders.

We are men and not sheep. We are to do what's right; if that means saying "NO!" to godless leaders, then it does.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,588 posts

Obama won the election.

B.B., you're entitled to your opinion. But....attitudes like yours are tearing this country apart. Whether it was the 'hate Bush' crowd or now the 'hate Obama' crowd....it's all bad for the country. He's the President and we all have to deal with it. Either that or turn against your country....your choice. Btw, was there ANY doubt that Obama would carry California???

Bold Believer

Bold Believer

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,628 posts

Obama won the election.

B.B., you're entitled to your opinion. But....attitudes like yours are tearing this country apart. Whether it was the 'hate Bush' crowd or now the 'hate Obama' crowd....it's all bad for the country. He's the President and we all have to deal with it. Either that or turn against your country....your choice. Btw, was there ANY doubt that Obama would carry California???

How about the "Hate Evil" crowd? Is it bad for the country to disavow a man who bows down to foreign gods? (Just the other day as a matter of fact). Is it bad for the country to disavow a man who forces Christian companies to pay for aborticides through his Supreme Court? Is it bad for the country to disavow a man who figuratively wipes his hind end on the Constitution? Who decrees whatever he wants done and makes an end run around Congress? Methinks not.

It's high bloody time Christians stand up and tell this man NO MORE. If the Christians of this day were alive in 1776, we'd still be subjects of the Crown.

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,116 posts
God is setting the world stage for the return of His Son. Do what your heart leads, but you may be kicking against the stone.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,677 posts

Obama won the election.

How about the "Hate Evil" crowd? Is it bad for the country to disavow a man who bows down to foreign gods? (Just the other day as a matter of fact). Is it bad for the country to disavow a man who forces Christian companies to pay for aborticides through his Supreme Court? Is it bad for the country to disavow a man who figuratively wipes his hind end on the Constitution? Who decrees whatever he wants done and makes an end run around Congress? Methinks not.

It's high bloody time Christians stand up and tell this man NO MORE. If the Christians of this day were alive in 1776, we'd still be subjects of the Crown.

I would say that if the Christians of this day, most of which voted for Romney, were alive in 1776 we would have gone from one King to another. Voting for Romney was not voting for a change, it was voting for more of the same.

I don't believe that. I can accept that Romney wouldn't have been a huge improvement, but he is not as bad as Obama. I do think OneLight may be correct? The Obama re-election happened for a reason, whether by legitimate means or by election fraud. I do believe it is leading us towards a fulfillment of end times events, but I also believe that if the American people rise up and pull out of the union, or fight against what Obama is doing, that is God's will too. Nothing happens by accident.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network