christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The times, they are a-changing'

* * * * * 1 votes by Fred Cordia

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

Bold Believer

Bold Believer

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,628 posts
Secession isn't going to happen, regardless of how much we'd LIKE it to happen. The people are far too cowed and no state has the fortitude. An auld Scots proverb says: "Rather th' divvil ye ken, than the divvil ye dinna.*" Obama is the 'divvil we ken'.

*Rather the devil you know, than the devil you don't."

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,489 posts

Secession isn't going to happen, regardless of how much we'd LIKE it to happen. The people are far too cowed and no state has the fortitude. An auld Scots proverb says: "Rather th' divvil ye ken, than the divvil ye dinna.*" Obama is the 'divvil we ken'.

*Rather the devil you know, than the devil you don't."

I think Texas and Oklahoma might have the courage to seceed, and others would then follow? Alaska might pull out as well? Even if they don't, with all the anger on the part of so many people, both conservative and liberal against the federal government for meddling in their affairs, I think we could get enough states to back a Constitutional Amendment making the states supreme in power over the federal government? I also think that if the Congress doesn't want to ratify it, the people will throw those in opposition out and replace them with people that will support such an amendment. We all want the freedom to chart our own course, and are angry at the federal government for constantly forcing things on us we don't desire, or telling us our actions are unconstitutional.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network