christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Book of Revelation

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

Elaine47

Elaine47
  • Members
  • 36 posts
For a while now I have been looking on the internet for a website that can shine some light and explain to me the various symbols used in the Book of Revelation.
I feel I need to be helped on my journey of understanding the meaning of this very special book of the Bible.
I want to know what the real mark of the beast is and how to be aware when it comes to pass so that I don't accidentely take it, as this worries me.
At the same time I have the concerns about what if the website I am reading from is wrong. Or what if they are leading people to the wrong way of thinking purposefully.
Now I am confused.
I want to understand the Book of Revelation but also I feel I need that extra bit of help in understanding what it means.
Many thanks for any advice anybody can give me concerning this.

bryanw92

bryanw92

• PipPip
  • 127 posts
IMO, the first three chapters are the most important part of Revelation. The warnings to the seven churches are the guide for making sure that you are in the right place and with the right people when and if the Mark of Beast becomes reality.

Elaine47

Elaine47
  • Members
  • 36 posts
Thankyou bryanw92.
From what I understand about the seven churches is that Jesus has very good words to speak of the Philidelphia church.
Is this the remnant church?

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,651 posts
Hi Elaine,

You will not find the true meaning of prophetic symbols on the internet. All you will find are peoples interpretations. God has given us a Teacher, called the Helper and the Holy Spirit. He will teach you all truth. We just need to learn how to focus on His voice and become so familiar we can tell His from our own.

I am not sure anyone will have a complete understand until it becomes apparent in our lives, than, like all other prophecies, we can connect reality with prophecy.

Bible_Gazer

Bible_Gazer

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

For a while now I have been looking on the internet for a website that can shine some light and explain to me the various symbols used in the Book of Revelation.
I feel I need to be helped on my journey of understanding the meaning of this very special book of the Bible.
I want to know what the real mark of the beast is and how to be aware when it comes to pass so that I don't accidentely take it, as this worries me.
At the same time I have the concerns about what if the website I am reading from is wrong. Or what if they are leading people to the wrong way of thinking purposefully.
Now I am confused.
I want to understand the Book of Revelation but also I feel I need that extra bit of help in understanding what it means.

Well hopefully on the internet there are some answers that the HS may have given to somebody to share some hints.

You might want to think what is meant by in Rev.14 - it tells about a group of saints having the Father Name in there forehead.
Is the Forehead the heart ? or referring what is the mind ? - understanding of the gospel ? Who they belong to.
For from the heart tells us what fruits you have. We are to be sealed but not everybody sees that, but God does.

I don't think they have a literal name like a ink stamped on them.

If you are in Christ - born again - living the true gospel - sealed by the HG then you are separate from the world.
That will keep you from all false religions.
Your heart is what is different from the mindset of the False Religious Beast System.

Should we be worried - not really because your life is stronger then the Beast, they cannot kill the soul.
You are always the winner in Jesus.
Like as Stephen being stoned - guess what Stephen Won Yeah !

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is what will separate you from the Beast.
Anything outside of that is death anyway.

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts
The mark on Cain was visible so that no one would kill him. I think it was something that people of that time recognized
so that they did not kill him. While I can not tell you what that mark is going to be you can trust God to keep you clear of it, if you are Christian.

The book of Revelation is largely drawn from the Old Testament, so reading the verses referenced therein will lead you
back to where it was drawn from.

God's Holy Spirit is our Teacher. Faith comes by hearing the Word of God. As you read ask Him to give you the revelation of what was meant in the text you were reading.

Elaine47

Elaine47
  • Members
  • 36 posts
Thankyou all for taking the time to reply.

From what I have been learning so far (and please except my apologies beforehand, if it upsets anybody, as that is not my intention).
I have been reading that some people say that the Ten Commandments were nailed to the cross when Jesus died because they represented the old law.

I don't believe this to be true as God told us that He is the same, Yesterday......Today........and For Evermore. Therefore I believe His Ten Commandments still operate today and always will. I believe that The law of Moses was nailed to the cross.

I have also learned that the Emporer Constantine had a dream in which he believed he was shown a miracle and because the Roman Catholic church basically ruled, Constantine helped forge Christianity into Catholisiscm along with other pagan beliefs.

All the time Jesus's true church (which I believe is what is called the remnant church) stood on its own having to hide away because of the persecution that was being inflicted on them by the roman catholic church. Is this what was called the Dark Ages where many many thousands of Christians were killed.

This is where I begin to doubt if the Christian church that went in with the roman catholic church along with their pagan beliefs is not the true church.

I keep being drawn back to the remnant church being the True Church of God.

Verses in the Bible such as few will find the narrow road which leads to life but many will find the broad road which leads to death. It makes me think that billions of people could be being deceived now.

I have got other things in mind but I will just leave this for now.

Again, many apologies if I have upset anybody as I can assure you this is not my intention.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,044 posts

As I Read It, Revelations Not Only Shows The LORD Jesus In His Power And Glory
But It Is Connected And Threaded Into The Whole Bible

~

A Tiny Sample.....

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

Back

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
John 1:9-12

Back

Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.
He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?
Who hath directed the Spirit of the LORD, or being his counseller hath taught him?
With whom took he counsel, and who instructed him, and taught him in the path of judgment, and taught him knowledge, and shewed to him the way of understanding?
Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold, he taketh up the isles as a very little thing.
Isaiah 40:10-15

Back

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Genesis 1:1

~

I Find The More I Drink In The Pure Words Of The Bible
The Larger Are The Echos That Resound
Throughout My Mind And Soul
As I Turn Each Page

Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste. Isaiah 28:16

You See

If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1 Peter 2:3-8

See

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Revelation 2:17

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

Love, Your Brother Joe

Love is alive

Love is alive

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts
Elaine pray to God for understanding looking on the internet will not help you to understand the word of God. That is like looking for something to eat at the hardware store. Ask God, they are his words, who better to help you to understand them. :)

Bader

Bader
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Thankyou all for taking the time to reply.

From what I have been learning so far (and please except my apologies beforehand, if it upsets anybody, as that is not my intention).
I have been reading that some people say that the Ten Commandments were nailed to the cross when Jesus died because they represented the old law.

I don't believe this to be true as God told us that He is the same, Yesterday......Today........and For Evermore. Therefore I believe His Ten Commandments still operate today and always will. I believe that The law of Moses was nailed to the cross.

I have also learned that the Emporer Constantine had a dream in which he believed he was shown a miracle and because the Roman Catholic church basically ruled, Constantine helped forge Christianity into Catholisiscm along with other pagan beliefs.

All the time Jesus's true church (which I believe is what is called the remnant church) stood on its own having to hide away because of the persecution that was being inflicted on them by the roman catholic church. Is this what was called the Dark Ages where many many thousands of Christians were killed.

This is where I begin to doubt if the Christian church that went in with the roman catholic church along with their pagan beliefs is not the true church.

I keep being drawn back to the remnant church being the True Church of God.

Verses in the Bible such as few will find the narrow road which leads to life but many will find the broad road which leads to death. It makes me think that billions of people could be being deceived now.

I have got other things in mind but I will just leave this for now.

Again, many apologies if I have upset anybody as I can assure you this is not my intention.

re the internet, i cannot find anything i would advise any christians to go to especially prophecy, most of them just load up all international news in the gush of peophecy being fulfilled which mocks the word prophecy which is gods word coming from his chosen vessals. i wonce read a piece of advice although it sounds a ,little extreme until one rememebers how jesus called saul aside alone for twom or three years. that new christians should not red or listen to anthing or anyone for two years except just red the word of god.the point being to learn to haer the word speaking since from then on all the rubbish will stand out for what it is and you can just pass it by such as the fanciful notions of what was nailed to thr cross and the word also provides wisdom as the spirit of the word shows the folly of human failure in this regard.for example taking the cross issue, the scrificial lamb had to satisfy the law of sin and death, that all who sinned shall die.he obviouly was our substitue and that was revealed to abel which shows the gospel is the oldest faith- the truth from thr beinning. ANY substitute has to satisfy the law of sin and death regards something under its curse, the law or the ten commandment were not in sin!jesus did not substituet for them, he did for us. Is the law and the Commandments in Lambs book of life= who Jesus saved? gets rediculous doesn't it? The advice already given that the holy spirit is our teacher is the right advice and he will open the truth-be patient it will happen'guide us into all truth'.I suggest you take a little time and take in the verses 13-19 of mathhew16, and this will show you the answer to your question explicitly, here Peter was able to answer Jesus' question 'Who do you say that i am? after asking them who do men say i am. Peter repeated what the holy spirit told( revealed to) him.Jesus' response which to what he was looking for is the punch (put the greek word for dynamite in here) line. this blessing of divine revelation is what puts the church over the top, so the gates of hell cnnot prevail against us including the mark of the beats of course,the church who are made safe therefore are the enlightened ones. But even here many have failed to appreciate what is revealed here, many say that the knowledge that jesus is ths rock is what the church is based on, well yes the church is the body of achrist we read this in balck and white also, but once again the wisdom of god clarifies it, devils know who jesus is but that doesn't save them.Thanks to the holy Spirit we can know the truth which sets us free and separated to god away from darkness and foolishness. The enlightened one of course are also the 5 wise virgins, knowledge puffs up, who are always topped up to go over th top if you like, the others fall short. This is probbly of the most important thing I have learnt and it came after months of thirsting for understandiung, I used to just sit frustrated with my bible open before God and just repeated many time over, many quiet times-'i dont know'.' i dont know', 'i dont know', meaning i couldnt even express myself what i felt or know wht to say. God sent a raven to feed Elijah, he sent the Holy Spirit to feed you,so we can keep away from junk food and not get spots.

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Don't worry - you won't "accidentally" take the Mark. Those that take it will do so with full knowledge of what they are doing, and why.

I have always found "raptureready.com" a good source for eschatology.

:heart:

Elaine47

Elaine47
  • Members
  • 36 posts
Thankyou everyone for all of your replies.
It does make a lot of sense from what you are saying that I should concentrate my time in the Word of God and not in man made ideas and notions. I do admit I have done more research on the internet than actually looking into my Bible for the answers so I think I need to change my ways where this is concerned.
The one thing that I wonder about though is I think it is great when somebody says that the Word speaks to them and they get revelation but how will I know I am being given guidance by the Holy Spirit and answers to my questions?
Elaine
<3

redroses42

redroses42

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved Ps 55-22

Be_Comforted

Be_Comforted
  • Members
  • 11 posts

... how will I know I am being given guidance by the Holy Spirit and answers to my questions?
Elaine

It is the very nature of God's new covenant that it is personal between you and God (Jer 31:31-34) so your experience of God's guidance through his Holy Spirit will be personal to you. What the Holy Spirit will do is confirm God's words, that is prove them to you as true. In turn Jesus spoke God's words according to God's command (Deu 18:18-19) and so we know that when the Holy Spirit proves Jesus' words as true, God's words are proved true (Jhn 15:26 & Jhn 14:26).

The key is to believe God, believe his word, to believe Jesus, believe his words, actions, purpose and role, and to believe them you must have knowledge of them.

A word of warning - looking to men/women for knowledge of God is contrary to God's promise of the New Covenant and should not be thought of as a short cut to the sure foundation of truth (see 2Pe 1:19-21), I would err on the side of caution. Until you are able to recognise through your own experiences how the Holy Spirit guides you, you will be unable to recognise when and how he is guiding other people.

I am glad that you look to the KJV; remember to look to the original language, to the meanings of the words, translations can replace God's word with man's word and so strip the original meaning from the verse.

I hope something here helps.

JohnDB

JohnDB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Now I am confused.

Shalom, Elaine.

There are several things to bear in mind when reading the book of the Revelation of Jesus the Messiah.

It is a book that presses one into the rest of the Bible to find the definition of the symbols used. Chuck Missler, when he is not ranting against Obama, he is a fascinating teacher on the book of Revelation. Because its terms and symbols appear elsewhere in scripture, he recommends Revelation be the first book of the Bible one reads / studies. It gets you to dig deeply into the rest of the Bible.

Remember this was a book written in Greek but with a Hebrew mind set. The telling of a story by Hebrews (Middle Easterners) in several versions... usually in a very brief version and then returning to in depth explanation and exposition.

The book addresses the past present and future. Take chapter 12. The woman dressed with the sun and the moon is under her feet and she has a crown of 12 stars.

Genesis 37:9-10 (KJV)
9 And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.
10 And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said unto him, What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down ourselves to thee to the earth?

Joseph was the 12th star btw.

See how the symbolism is explained elsewhere in the Bible?

The woman in Revelation 12 is Israel.

In Chapter 12 you get a historic recap of Jesus coming the first time (some 60 + years after the fact).

Then it goes into the future that has yet to happen (the woman hides in the wilderness for 1/2 the 70th week of Daniel).

Chapter 20 puzzles western scholars because they forget the oriental method of telling or reporting the story.

And always apply the rule of proving / testing...

2 Peter 1:20-21 (KJV)
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Seek his tutelage.

John 16:13 (KJV)
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 (KJV)
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Test also what you think is the Holy Spirit (which may not be... we humans are poor judges of, well, everything)

1 John 4:1 (KJV)
1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try {{test}} the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Acts 17:11 (KJV)
11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (KJV)
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

JohnDB

JohnDB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts
I agree about what others have said about the mark of the beast. I believe it will be a misguided Israel under the false messiah Judas Iscariot the one man whom Satan indwells in scripture.
Regardless if this is wrong or right, to answer your question, the mark will be an outright rejection of the Lord Jesus Christ whom you have believed and are indwelled by the Holy Spirit who will never leave you or forsake you.
That is enough to spare you from taking the mark of the beast.

Matthew 24:24 (KJV)
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Not possible.

Rest assured.

b'shalom.

Bluefinger

Bluefinger
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Now I am confused.

I believe that learning the parables of the kingdom as well as how the first listeners would have received those words will shed light on Revelation.

The mark of the beast is a religious law.

"And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes." (Deuteronomy 6:6, 8 ESV)

Above is what was written about the religious Law of Moses. Since the beast was the Roman Empire, its mark was obedience to its religious law.

The Roman Empire didn't have religious jurisdiction until the development of the Canon Law in the 13th century CE. The Inquisition enforced this law. Ironically, it still exists, but is weak sauce now. In the 15th century though, it was very potent.

Anyway, in Jesus' parable of the wesding feast, the king had sent his troops to destroy the murderers and burn their city (the Jewish Nation, Jerusalem.) Then he sent his servants out to the highways and roads to collect as many as they could find (the times of the Gentiles, Rev. 11.) At the end of that time, the doors would be closed (seventh trumpet, the close of the times of the Gentiles.) Then the king would notice a man that had no wedding garment on and was tossed out (those who had taken the mark of the beast.) The reason why is because many are called but few are chosen (only the elect, the 144,000 sealed; the apostles and disciples.)

We can deduce then that those who knowingly and under pressure reject that kingship of Christ take the mark of the beast. Such was the message to the church in Smyrna. They were told not to deny Christ's name. Christ said that those that denied Him before men would be denied by Him before the Father. This is all talking about the same thing.

This can also be seen when God sent the Romans to destroy Jerusalem. They had knowingly rejected their Messiah. The disciples of Jesus that turned from Him to return to Judaism got swept up in that flood and were destroyed in Jerusalem with the other Jews.

Therefore, the mark of the beast is an example of that. It is the Roman state religious law. No offense to any Catholics here. I'm just trying to bring this up in its historical context, which I'm sure many are aware of.

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,651 posts

Now I am confused.

I believe that learning the parables of the kingdom as well as how the first listeners would have received those words will shed light on Revelation.

"And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes." (Deuteronomy 6:6, 8 ESV)

Above is what was written about the religious Law of Moses. Since the beast was the Roman Empire, its mark was obedience to its religious law.

Are you saying that the Law Moses gave was from Satan, which is where the mark of the beast is from or about?

Bluefinger

Bluefinger
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Now I am confused.

Are you saying that the Law Moses gave was from Satan, which is where the mark of the beast is from or about?

No. What I'm saying is that the mark of the beast is similar to how the Jews in Jesus' day treated the Law. As I said, the mark of the beast is a Roman religious law (formally, ecclesiastic law) that its followers were compelled to observe and live by.

The Roman religion became a substitute for Christ's grace and compelled men to once again live in fear under condemnation of the Law.

Romanism, with its Stoic philosophy, was a perfect candidate for this law.

Massorite

Massorite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Now I am confused.

I spent 8 years researching the book of Revelation and here is how I did it by websites. I would go to a web site for an answer and ten another for the same answer and then another until I found that many websites with integrety quote the same source and say basically the same thing.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network