Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dogs!

45 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Does a yellow cat fit anywhere in this discussion? ; )

Can it bark?

Im sure, with the right "motivation" it can be made to bark. ;)

I saw a video of a cat barking. When it saw that it was "caught" it changed it's sound back to meows. Seriously!

Posted · Report post

Thanks Joe!

(Yes, that is the one.)

Posted · Report post

Well, like Shep, I guess my screen name and avatar probably speak for themselves. Still, just in case they don't, we have two pups, a Bulldog and a Chow mix, both boys. In addition to the boys, we have three cats, one of which does her version of "barking."

(My avatar is my Bulldog girl, Katie, who passed away earlier this year. sad0024.gif)

Posted · Report post

Like jude (above) I like rotties and had them for a while. Now I am a cat person. ; )

Posted · Report post

Did someone say dogs? Yes we have dogs! Bullmastiff/Am Bulldog, his son mixed with a little heinz 57, a little black something

someone dropped off (gee thanks) a purebred Siberian Husky and 4 (yes 4) wolfdogs....low content wolf in 3 and # 4 could be 50%

so, we def have our own pack......rescued the Sibe and the woolies...really didn't mean to have this many but we love them

and then there is my very large horse..who is still growing......and the chickens (egg layers)

does an exploding population of mice in the barn count? we catch em and encourage them to live outside, but....can't

have cats because of the woolies....cat wouldn't last a minute as 4 of our chickens sadly found out

Posted · Report post

:grin: a lady after my own heart

Posted · Report post

Pleased to meet you! :th_handshake:

Posted · Report post

got my own dogs ..all rescued ( 8-10 year old mail cavalier , 6 year old female cavalier ex breeder, a 14 month old collie x that was born here from a foster dog and a sprollie who is 6 months old both female ) At the moment my fosters are a tiny bichon ex breeder, four 3 month old pups from 2 different litters and a 3 year old JR who has a grade 6 heart murmer and is not expected to live long :sad030:

Posted · Report post

Here are a couple of my wolfdogs...they are about 4 now...the mother is pure white with blue eyes...wolves normally have the yellow, but she has

Siberian in her. The dad of these woolies is the Siberian...I didn't breed them

So sorry about the little JR...I love the little guys but I never had one...I have often used a JR for my icon......if only people would spay and neuter

WATCHINGALLTHENEIGHBORScopy_zps132af4a5.jpg

Posted · Report post

Here are a couple of my wolfdogs...they are about 4 now...the mother is pure white with blue eyes...wolves normally have the yellow, but she has

Siberian in her. The dad of these woolies is the Siberian...I didn't breed them

So sorry about the little JR...I love the little guys but I never had one...I have often used a JR for my icon......if only people would spay and neuter

WATCHINGALLTHENEIGHBORScopy_zps132af4a5.jpg

They are beautiful!

Posted · Report post

OH WOW I am not going to show my 9 year old granddaughter ..it is her ambition to have one :help:

My little JR doesnt know he is ill and runs like a pup , jumps around everywhere and behaves just as he should ...the only way we know he is ill is because the vet discovered it when he was speyed so he will live a normal life for as long as he has

Mind you living here is not normal as my fosters as from this morning are...one JR, one westie,one lassaapso, on tibetain spaniel,and three mixed pups ...with all the rain we have it can be hard to tell one from another :biggrinflip: :biggrinflip: :biggrinflip:

Posted · Report post

Love those Wolfdogs!!!

Our fur family has one big Beauceron, and one Akita....oh, and a stinky cat who thinks he's a dog. All boys.

Posted · Report post

OH WOW I am not going to show my 9 year old granddaughter ..it is her ambition to have one :help:

My little JR doesnt know he is ill and runs like a pup , jumps around everywhere and behaves just as he should ...the only way we know he is ill is because the vet discovered it when he was speyed so he will live a normal life for as long as he has

Mind you living here is not normal as my fosters as from this morning are...one JR, one westie,one lassaapso, on tibetain spaniel,and three mixed pups ...with all the rain we have it can be hard to tell one from another :biggrinflip: :biggrinflip: :biggrinflip:

Hey Ladypeartree..I actually never wanted one...although I have always admired the wolf (the real wolf not the 'big bad wolf' LOL)

Yeah, I rescued a pregant (what I thought was a husky) and her mate...a purebred Siberian...she had seven pups (she was only about

2 wks pregnant when I rescued them)...or maybe cubs is more like it....still didn't know what we had there...although when I watched her, I remarked to my husband, yuh know, she moves just like a wolf.

Thought maybe some shepherd cause they can be long and lean with different hips...long story short, when I wanted to have husky rescue

in Florida pick them up, I was informed my suspicions about momma were true and found out that wolf/dog breeding in Florida (of all places)

is a real trend. We ended up keeping 3 pups, mom and dad and sold the rest (I used to breed and show so they were well raised and had

their shots etc)

I did not turn them over to husky rescue because of some things they did and said I did not like

Prob with a wolf/dog is you do not know how it will turn out...we have 1 that is well adjusted...except tries to dominate every dog she sees

including the ones we had and we have 2 that are terrified of people (typical wolf reaction...they are NOT coyotes) Mom is a super

beta female so that prob tuned down the personalities and dad is very easy going and gentle. We have a little land and my husband made

them a great enclosure but they also come inside and are trained like a dog so are clean. But what a gang!

Glad to read your little JR is happy...and what a gang you have too! I understand about them all looking alike in the mud...haha...I have

some pretty funny pics of mine when they get into the mud...they love it! Maybe I'll post one.....

Those JR's are tough little customers

Posted · Report post

Love those Wolfdogs!!!

Our fur family has one big Beauceron, and one Akita....oh, and a stinky cat who thinks he's a dog. All boys.

A Beauceron! Wow...did you get it straight from France or is there a breeder out yr way? You won't believe it, but Akitas were

the breed I used to show...that's alotta dog.

Have you heard of Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary? Think its out your way...you can find them on facebook...gorgeous wolfdogs

Posted · Report post

Here is our little fella, Buddy.

IMG_0011A.jpg

It did not take much time for him to grow. Here he is around 6 months.

IMG_00131.jpg

He is turning 1 year old on the 18th.

Posted · Report post

Buddy has the sweetest face! They do grow awful fast...my husband says someone should invent a spray to keep 'em small LOL!

So Happy Birthday to Buddy on the 18th !

Posted · Report post

I will settle for a sray that keeps them clean and sweet smelling .... got up, spent an hour feeding the dogs and cleaning up ( ex breeders and pups need a LOT of work on house training ) and mopping up muddy floors ...got enough mud to open a spa !!!

had a cup of tea and a slice of toast and did it all again ! ... have 5 large dogs to bath today and another 3 on wednesday as they are going to the vets to be neutered ...they will all still smell of wet dog half an hour later :help:

Posted · Report post

Here is our little fella, Buddy.

IMG_0011A.jpg

It did not take much time for him to grow. Here he is around 6 months.

IMG_00131.jpg

He is turning 1 year old on the 18th.

He is just THE cutest thing!!!! :wub:

Posted · Report post

american pit-bull terrier. biggest punk sweetheart dog on earth. the bond is so strong, i can't go drop a deuce by myself..

its kind of disturbing now that i think about it..

Posted · Report post

I have a Bullmastiff and a Boston Terrier.

And to think that we down sized to 2 Papillons because a game of tug of war with our Bostons became too much for our arthritis.

Those 2 of yours are powerful dogs.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0