christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Did U.S. War of Independence Contradict the Bible?

* * * * * 1 votes America Scripture Founding Fathers Historical Context FUD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
92 replies to this topic

Barabbas

Barabbas
  • Members
  • 78 posts
Wow, I think you're just being overly sensitive, Americans seem to have trouble with people pointing out they have not been the nicest people around.
It's not about you as Americans.

It's the attempt to justify rebellion against the King using the bible as a crutch.

Barabbas

Barabbas
  • Members
  • 78 posts
Did y'all need a smilie? :biggrin2: :bighug:

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,215 posts

Wow, I think you're just being overly sensitive, Americans seem to have trouble with people pointing out they have not been the nicest people around.
It's not about you as Americans.

It's the attempt to justify rebellion against the King using the bible as a crutch.

Let's review...

The officers in the British army are the Kings personal representatives. Advocating their killing directly violates 1 Peter 2:13.
Then America proceeds to invade my country (1812) killing our citizens in an attempt to take by force our lands, to subjugate us to American rule.

Was this God ordained?

Obviously not, as America lost this war, and we burned Washington. (No real loss, you should really thank us, unfortunately we were 190 years too early :grin: ....Joking, don't get excited) After all Americans did burn Toronto. (Now, there you could do us a favor by repeating the act..we really wouldn't mind :grin: )

and...

Canada 1812.
The newly minted United States (claiming manifest destiny and all that) proceeds to attack my country, the goal of taking our lands, and forcing American rule upon us.
Just curious as those on this thread who claim God's hand directed America's forming how this violent expansionist policy of subjugation is reconciled. Considering you broke away from England due to perceived wrongs, turn around and immediately begin to force your will upon us.

I didn't do any of that. Nor did any American citizen alive today. That was over 200 years ago.

If you don't sense the aggression in the words perhaps you should re-read what you've said. It could be percieved as such.

God bless,
GE

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,215 posts
Closing this for a little while for review. May or many not open again.

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,215 posts
Re-Opened thread. Edited out attacks, counter-attacks, etc.

From WCF ToS...
Please remember to respect each other in the love of God.

Abuse of other posters is not allowed.

This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, insulting, harassing, threatening or in any way invading the privacy of another poster.

Debate the subject, not the person.

It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating.

Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person.

Barabbas

Barabbas
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Yup. 1 Peter 2:13.
Anything else? :biggrin2:

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,215 posts

You are free in Christ (Gal. 5:1 and Rom. 8:2) Barabbas to your opinion. There has been other evidence given and discussed on the thread.

God bless,
GE

Sevenseas

Sevenseas

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,808 posts
Is it me or has this thread undergone a revisionist history treatment? :foot-stomp: and I was having fun too..... :sad030: just too serious

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,048 posts

Is it me or has this thread undergone a revisionist history treatment? :foot-stomp: and I was having fun too..... :sad030: just too serious

:thumbsup:

~

It's

Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: Romans 3:14

About Time

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts

No, it isn't just you. And I agree.

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,215 posts

No, it isn't just you. And I agree.

Well, for everyone...

:bighug:

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

You are free in Christ (Gal. 5:1 and Rom. 8:2) Barabbas to your opinion. There has been other evidence given and discussed on the thread.

God bless,
GE

He does have a point.

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,215 posts
Perhaps. In any case as the the innitiator or OP of this thread I'm closing it down. Was an interesting discussion.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network