christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Catholic from Idaho, new..

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

michaeldefendthem

michaeldefendthem
  • Members
  • 12 posts
Greetings, everyone.

It's been years since I've participated in a Christian discussion board. I mostly stick to political discussion boards. Many of these forums have a section for religion, but don't exercise enough control over them and they get flooded with atheists which curtails true fellowship among Christians. I thought I'd try a forum where such hostile influences are shut out, so here I am.

I am Roman Catholic by the grace of God, but I have family and friends who both Catholic and Evangelical, so I'm familiar with both cultures, what we agree on and what we disagree on. I'm happy to discuss my faith with anyone who has questions. I'm not open to hostile, virulent attacks on my faith. I'm sure that's understandable because I bear no hostility toward Protestants.

A little more info. I'm American Indian, a husband and father of three, and I usually drive a truck but I'm unemployed right now.

I look forward to the discussions.

Pax Christi

Selasphorus

Selasphorus

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
welcome!

bornagain2011

bornagain2011

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
Welcome! It is great to have you :)

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,548 posts
Welcome~!

Seriousseeker

Seriousseeker

• PipPip
  • 110 posts
Welcome to WCF. Are you Nez Pierce? Being RC is not a problem here (though maybe a bit of hindrance). The important thing is to love the Lord Jesus and make Him your best Friend and Lord of your life. Look up always!

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,898 posts

Greetings, everyone.

It's been years since I've participated in a Christian discussion board. I mostly stick to political discussion boards. Many of these forums have a section for religion, but don't exercise enough control over them and they get flooded with atheists which curtails true fellowship among Christians. I thought I'd try a forum where such hostile influences are shut out, so here I am.

I am Roman Catholic by the grace of God, but I have family and friends who both Catholic and Evangelical, so I'm familiar with both cultures, what we agree on and what we disagree on. I'm happy to discuss my faith with anyone who has questions. I'm not open to hostile, virulent attacks on my faith. I'm sure that's understandable because I bear no hostility toward Protestants.

A little more info. I'm American Indian, a husband and father of three, and I usually drive a truck but I'm unemployed right now.

I look forward to the discussions.

Pax Christi

Welcome to Worthy.

Just so you will understand from the start, we do not allow RCC bashing or RCC teaching on this site. Instead, we like to focus on Christ Jesus and how He applies to our lives.

Peace Maker Tony

Peace Maker Tony

• PipPip
  • 108 posts
Welcome to the forum.

You spoke of not being open to hostile, virulent attacks on your faith. Who would be? So I understand that, and I agree that neither you,nor anyone else should be treated in that way. We are to shine the love of Christ within us to others and treat others with respect and dignity.

However, to that I will just add that - whether we may like it or not - the truth is always hostile to those that reject the truth. So I hope on the same token, that you are not hostile to the truth that will no doubt be presented here.

Peace Maker Tony

Peace Maker Tony

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

we do not allow RCC bashing or RCC teaching on this site.

Is there a link on this site that you (or anyone) can send me to that will explain what RCC-bashing is, so that I will know how to present truth without bashing? Thank you kindly!

michaeldefendthem

michaeldefendthem
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Welcome to WCF. Are you Nez Pierce? Being RC is not a problem here (though maybe a bit of hindrance). The important thing is to love the Lord Jesus and make Him your best Friend and Lord of your life. Look up always!

You mean Nez Perce and no, they're our mortal enemies. I'm Blackfoot Indian.

michaeldefendthem

michaeldefendthem
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Is there a link on this site that you (or anyone) can send me to that will explain what RCC-bashing is, so that I will know how to present truth without bashing? Thank you kindly!

You just let the Holy Spirit dwell in you richly and you'll never be led to bash! Pax Christi

Peace Maker Tony

Peace Maker Tony

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

You just let the Holy Spirit dwell in you richly and you'll never be led to bash! Pax Christi

Absolutely agreed! Now, on that note, can you have "mortal enemies" while being richly indwelt with the Holy Spirit? Just asking............... :rolleyes:

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,488 posts
Welcome to Worthy! The WCF board rules (Terms of Service) can be found here.

God bless,
GE

michaeldefendthem

michaeldefendthem
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Absolutely agreed! Now, on that note, can you have "mortal enemies" while being richly indwelt with the Holy Spirit? Just asking............... :rolleyes:

Of course the "mortal enemies" part is tongue in cheek. Our traditional enemies include the Nez Perce, the Shoshone, and other neighboring tribes, but that doesn't really apply today. But Christians MUST have enemies, or we wouldn't be told to pray for them!

Peace Maker Tony

Peace Maker Tony

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Welcome to Worthy! The WCF board rules (Terms of Service) can be found here.

God bless,
GE

Thanks GE, I already read the TOS. I just thought maybe there was a more specific rule I may have missed. "Bashing" is a very subjective term, so it is quite possible, and even likely, that one's way of explaining truth will be perceived as bashing to another that disagrees with it, even though the truth-speaker's motivations are out of love.

chloe_fantastic

chloe_fantastic

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts
Welcome, very nice to meet you! :emot-bounce:

Peace Maker Tony

Peace Maker Tony

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Of course the "mortal enemies" part is tongue in cheek. Our traditional enemies include the Nez Perce, the Shoshone, and other neighboring tribes, but that doesn't really apply today. But Christians MUST have enemies, or we wouldn't be told to pray for them!

Okay I hear you on the tongue in cheek part, and that the enemy thing doesn't really apply anymore. It was just a statement that piqued my curiosity, one that drew me to Matthew 5:43-48, and other verses that talk about love not keeping records of wrongs, etc.

As to your comment that Christians must have enemies, the bible says we will have enemies and persecution for sure. But it's not like we need enemies in order to have someone to pray for, if you know what I mean.

redroses42

redroses42

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
welcome to worthy

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
Hi! Welcome! :th_wave:

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,488 posts
Regarding doctrine...

To help people understand how WCF works I'd like to clarify a few things. This is a ministry (Worthy) that just happens to have a discussion form (WCF).

From the Worthy SoF (Statement of Faith)
We believe that the 66 books of the Canon, from Genesis to Revelation are the exhaustive, inerrant and inspired word of God.

The WCF ToS (Terms of Service/Board Rules) clearly states...
You may not post any material that is disrespectful of God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, or the Bible.

This is not intended against anyone personally or Roman Catholics in general. We not only do not accept extra-Biblical teaching from the Roman Catholic Church but also any Christian denomination that adds to the Bible as defined above. That would be disrespectful of God, Jesus Christ, and the Bible.

As Servants (Moderators) it is our jobs to be the gatekeepers for the ministry on the forums. Part of that means protecting the new and the weak in Christ. Being a ministry we have much to be responsible for in Him.

I hope this helps with clarification. We continue to strive to point others to Christ, speak the truth in love, and glorify God in all we do.

God Bless,
GE

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,096 posts
Welcome to Worthy.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network