christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Split-"What makes a Christian" Should Christians attend Church

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
60 replies to this topic

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts
This is a split from the thread "What's Makes A Christian?: 2" - http://www.worthychr...19#entry1898519

God bless,
GoldenEagle

--------------------------------------------------

Till I stopped going to church at all,

Now the thing that comes to mind can-
a carpenter never nail, hammer, saw, measure or quit these activities
and still be a carpenter?
So then if obedience to His Wod is showing God's love in us
Heb 10:25
25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some,

but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
NKJV

what exactly are you revealing about yourself? Love, Steven

Edited by GoldenEagle, 17 December 2012 - 09:46 AM.
{{{ Split from the thread "What's Makes A Christian?: 2 }}}

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some,

NKJV

What does this verse have to do with going to 'church'?

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

NKJV

Posted Image
seen also in
2 Th 2:1a
2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him,
NKJV

Love, Steven

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

NKJV

Posted Image
seen also in
2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him,
NKJV

Love, Steven

Like I said, what does this have to do with going to 'church'?

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

So then if obedience to His Word is showing God's love in us

NKJV

Posted Image
seen also in
NKJV

Love, Steven

Gary I hate to connect the dots for you but they seem relatively close together! Church is the gathering together to
worship God in a community setting, an assembling to corporate worship??? As the gathering God will do in above in 2Thes.
or do you feel it unimportant for God to gather you when this time comes?
remembering always the judgment we use 'IS' the freedom He takes to judge us with!
Mt 7:2
2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you

use, it will be measured back to you.
NKJV

When ever the Body of Christ, His Church, gathers we are not to forsake that assembly if we
do we are being disobedient to the well being of our lives... God never would tells us to do something
that 'IS' not a benefit to His Possession! Love, Steven

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

NKJV

Posted Image
seen also in
NKJV

Love, Steven

Gary I hate to connect the dots for you but they seem relatively close together! Church is the gathering together to
worship God in a community setting, an assembling to corporate worship??? As the gathering God will do in above in 2Thes.
or do you feel it unimportant for God to gather you when this time comes?
remembering always the judgment we use 'IS' the freedom He takes to judge us with!
Mt 7:2
2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you

use, it will be measured back to you.
NKJV

When ever the Body of Christ, His Church, gathers we are not to forsake that assembly if we
do we are being disobedient to the well being of our lives... God never would tell us to do something
that 'IS' not a benefit to His Possession! Love, Steven

I understand your point about that which people do today mostly on Sundays in various groups inside of buildings believing that they are worshiping God. I simply believe that has very little to do with what is being spoken of here in this verse. A very small part of the whole picture as the week has seven days and a multitude of time available for gathering ourselves together for the purpose of provoking one another unto love and good works, which is the purpose spoken of in the passage. Nothing about corporate worship at all. Nothing about a guy behind a pulpit preaching. But all of us provoking one another unto love and good works. So in this case, I believe you to be in error as to how you have approached Sage.

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

I understand your point about that which people do today mostly on Sundays in various groups inside of buildings
believing that they are worshiping God.

When Christ came to the synagogue to teach and preach there was
no one Holy but Him There- yet He worshiped His Father with them anyway! As this was His purposed custom!
Lk 4:16
16 So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue
on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read.
NKJV

so the question remains if this was Christ's custom outside of my heart - now that he is within my heart how shall my
desire be to the custom?

I simply believe that has very little to do with what is being spoken of here in this verse. A very small part of the whole picture as the week has seven days and a multitude of time available for gathering ourselves together for the purpose of provoking one another unto love and good works, which is the purpose spoken of in the passage. Nothing about corporate worship at all. Nothing about a guy behind a pulpit preaching. But all of us provoking one another unto love and good works. So in this case, I believe you to be in error as to how you have approached Sage.

When God in His Word says to do something and one is not doing that what is said...
I am bound to point it out as a steward of His Word!
If you will note Sage's reply... God also says to us
Tit 3:8
8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly,
that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works.
These things are good and profitable to men.
NKJV

So is it good to do what God says or not? Have I not tried to profit sage by this?
So If God says profit and you say not who shall I listen to? Love, Steven

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

NKJV

Church does not save you
God does.
A man does not need to attend church
to be a citizen of heaven. Church is but
a house of worship to the lord and a learning
place to young christians and an assembly to
all. And I just chose not to go for now.

Your argument is no longer with me but with His Word! Love, Steven

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

:read: Thank You Enoob57,
What uhh form of christian are you tho?
I dont know how to say it but I mean catholic,
southern baptist, baptist ???

I am at an Independent Baptist Church, was raised non-denominational Bible Church setting,
Pastor Marty Hughes is an excellent man of God and am thankful for His ministry to us! Basically
sanctification is the Christ likeness in obedience to His Word ... it is the mark we should press
toward as God views this as His Love returned back to Him. Love, Steven

redroses42

redroses42

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
the church does not save you thats true but we still need likeminded people around us for fellowship

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

I understand your point about that which people do today mostly on Sundays in various groups inside of buildings
believing that they are worshiping God.

When Christ came to the synagogue to teach and preach there was
no one Holy but Him There- yet He worshiped His Father with them anyway! As this was His purposed custom!
Lk 4:16
16 So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue
on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read.
NKJV

so the question remains if this was Christ's custom outside of my heart - now that he is within my heart how shall my
desire be to the custom?

I simply believe that has very little to do with what is being spoken of here in this verse. A very small part of the whole picture as the week has seven days and a multitude of time available for gathering ourselves together for the purpose of provoking one another unto love and good works, which is the purpose spoken of in the passage. Nothing about corporate worship at all. Nothing about a guy behind a pulpit preaching. But all of us provoking one another unto love and good works. So in this case, I believe you to be in error as to how you have approached Sage.

When God in His Word says to do something and one is not doing that what is said...
I am bound to point it out as a steward of His Word!
If you will note Sage's reply... God also says to us
Tit 3:8
8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly,
that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works.
These things are good and profitable to men.
NKJV

So is it good to do what God says or not? Have I not tried to profit sage by this?
So If God says profit and you say not who shall I listen to? Love, Steven

It is good to assemble with other Christians when they meet together, even if that is on Sunday. That is never in question. So you do as Jesus was accustomed? You go into a Jewish synagogue on the Sabbath to worship God and think everyone else needs to do so? Don't try to equate that to your Sunday worship at a Baptist Church as there is no real comparison. The two are entirely different. You can attempt to align the underlying principles but as soon as you change the custom one iota then it is no longer doing as he did.

Yes, it good to do as God says, but you should first make sure that it is what God has said before you judge others for not adhering to what you prescribe as the commandments of the Lord. 'If', yes the 'if' is important here. If I were to tell you to do something that is in direct opposition to what God has said we should do, then you ought to listen to God. But it was never the case. I think you may have imagined that I was saying something that I was not.

I have a couple of direct questions to you and I would appreciate a direct answer if you will.

Do you believe that a person 'must' attend Sunday worship at an established church to be a Christian?

Do you believe that a person 'must' be attached to a particular local church 'body' to be a Christian?

So you are declaring that the Holy Spirit has without a doubt shown you the exact interpretation of the text and that he is now rejecting God himself by rejecting your view of this scripture?

Peace Maker Tony

Peace Maker Tony

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

NKJV

Hi enoob, I disagree that Christians that don't go to church aren't really Christians, if that's the full force of what you're saying. The body of Christ is not 4 walls and a fancy pulpit, it is the living, breathing temple of God, which is our Spirit-filled bodies.

Also, if we walk in the light we have fellowship with the body of Christ, no building implied. Not to mention, we can exhort one another and stir up love and good works throughout our daily lives, without going to church.

1 John 1:6-7

If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; but if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Lastly, what about believers who can't find a church that they can attend in good conscience? I don't think we should saddle a burden on Christians who, for good reasons of their own, do not attend church as much as others do. On that note, how much assembling of ourselves together would be enough to satisfy the admonition of Hebrews 10:24-25?

God bless!

Edited by Peace Maker Tony, 16 December 2012 - 11:54 PM.

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

It is good to assemble with other Christians when they meet together, even if that is on Sunday. That is never in question. So you do as Jesus was accustomed? You go into a Jewish synagogue on the Sabbath to worship God and think everyone else needs to do so? Don't try to equate that to your Sunday worship at a Baptist Church as there is no real comparison. The two are entirely different. You can attempt to align the underlying principles but as soon as you change the custom one iota then it is no longer doing as he did.

I am showing the practice of being a imitator of Jesus... His love and zeal for the Fathers house before
His death and after has moved into the body of the individual with the New Covenant statement of not forsaking
the assembling of yourselves together... the real question is why
a professing believer would promote the ignoring of God's clear and distinct Scripture...
or do you believe our liberty is to do or not do according to our whims?
Heb 10:23-25
23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25 not forsaking the
assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so
much the more as you see the Day approaching.
NKJV

in other countries they do it at risk of their lives! I believe that alone should shut the mouths of the
ungrateful that they can do it freely! Perhaps for a football game or extra sleep or... thus these who risk
lives to do so shall become our judges as to the value of assembling together!

Yes, it good to do as God says, but you should first make sure that it is what God has said before you judge others for not adhering to what you prescribe as the commandments of the Lord. 'If', yes the 'if' is important here. If I were to tell you to do something that is in direct opposition to what God has said we should do, then you ought to listen to God. But it was never the case. I think you may have imagined that I was saying something that I was not.

Then why the negative response when suggested to attend the assembly of God's children that
would bring him under the body of Christ worshiping God in Spirit and Truth?

I have a couple of direct questions to you and I would appreciate a direct answer if you will.

Do you believe that a person 'must' attend Sunday worship at an established church to be a Christian?

I believe that when I look inside my life and see something that is there that His Word should not be...
that portion of me I must reckon as dead and carnal- totally unusable for God Who owns me!
It's not rocket science Gary the epistles of John clearly indicate we determine the Love of God
within us by the obedience to His Word and if the obedience is not there and we want to be filled
with His Love then we deny ourselves in the disobedience and reckon that to be dead and live
unto the obedience allowing His Love to be in it's place...
*** whether I feel like it or not because I am at war with me in this process!***

Do you believe that a person 'must' be attached to a particular local church 'body' to be a Christian?

This is so looking out of the flesh to understand the Spirit... look salvation is a Act of God upon the man drawn by The Father into repentance-> the total everything of man is seen
as worthless dung and there is nothing in and of himself worthy of saving thus God places within His heart the need to be completely New and the miracle of God 'IS' that
man is born of God and sealed by The Holy Spirit of God and is placed into the (Spiritual) body of those like himself! When I enter the gathering of these New Beings of God I am
in my mobile home thanking God for the place I am not yet come to....

So you are declaring that the Holy Spirit has without a doubt shown you the exact interpretation of the text and that he is now rejecting God himself by rejecting your view of this scripture?

My 8-12 year old boys can give you the interpretation of this verse!

Here this is the nut shell of all this:

ENCOURAGE IN LOVE
Hebrews 10:24-25
And let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together,
as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more, as you see the day drawing near.
The third mark of a positive response to the gospel is love. The particular expression of love mentioned here is fellowship love. The Jewish readers were having a hard time breaking with the Old Covenant, with the Temple and the sacrifices. They were still holding on to the legalism and ritual and ceremony, the outward things of Judaism. So the writer is telling them that one of the best ways to hold fast to the things of God — the real things of God that are found only in the New Covenant of Jesus Christ — is to be in the fellowship of His people, where they could love and be loved, serve and be served. There is no better place to come all the way to faith in Christ, or to hope continually in Him, than the church, His Body.

Love, Steven

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

NKJV

Church does not save you
God does.
A man does not need to attend church
to be a citizen of heaven. Church is but
a house of worship to the lord and a learning
place to young christians and an assembly to
all. And I just chose not to go for now.

And that, Steven, is how we close down discussion by arguing that the argument is not with you as a person, but with God himself. Do you speak for God, or do you speak for yourself? Though I might well trust the sincerity of those who claim to know God's will and who speak for him, I am not persuaded that they are nearly as close to the truth as they think they are, and that is why we need an ongoing and open discussion.

My dear friend do you not know that is what death is 'end of discussion'... and life is Thus sayeth the Lord! :) Love, Steven

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

NKJV

Hi enoob, I disagree that Christians that don't go to church aren't really Christians, if that's the full force of what you're saying. The body of Christ is not 4 walls and a fancy pulpit, it is the living, breathing temple of God, which is our Spirit-filled bodies. this was never stated above so how am I to respond to that which was never said? I merely reiterated what Christ said Matt 7:17-20

Also, if we walk in the light we have fellowship with the body of Christ, no building implied. Not to mention, we can exhort one another and stir up love and good works throughout our daily lives, without going to church. I did not start the building thing :) but it is where their assembling... one passes away but that which is received inside I keep forever with me!

If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; but if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Lastly, what about believers who can't find a church that they can attend in good conscience? Then by The Grace of God enter a dead one and by God's power make it live!
I don't think we should saddle a burden on Christians who, for good reasons of their own, do not attend church as much as others do. On that note, how much assembling of ourselves together would be enough to satisfy the admonition of Hebrews 10:24-25? when those doors are open a realized heart of continual forgiveness should be waithing there to thank Him for His mercy!

God bless!

My availabilites from God is to know people by the fruit of their lives... if they are not producing the fruit of what they are
then the deeper question is - are they what they think they are! Only God knows the heart!
Love, Steven

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts
Steven, using a multitude of words to circumvent a simple answer to a question is revealing. You can go around accusing Christians of not being Christians for not interpreting Hebrews 10 as you have chosen to but it isn't advisable.

Peace Maker Tony

Peace Maker Tony

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

( My new comments are in red )

Hi enoob, I disagree that Christians that don't go to church aren't really Christians, if that's the full force of what you're saying. The body of Christ is not 4 walls and a fancy pulpit, it is the living, breathing temple of God, which is our Spirit-filled bodies. this was never stated above so how am I to respond to that which was never said? I merely reiterated what Christ said Matt 7:17-20

Well, if you would be so kind as to not further equivocate with your words, then please tell me what you meant in your first post, which is what I was basing my reply on. Not to mention, what does Matt 7:17-20 have to do with a question about church attendance?
Once again, it seems obvious by throwing in that verse, that you are implying (not saying it straight out, mind you, but hiding behind implications) that going to church is a "fruit" whereby you will know if one is a believer. Anyway, here's your comment in question about church membership :

Now the thing that comes to mind can-a carpenter never nail, hammer, saw, measure or quit these activities and still be a carpenter?
So then if obedience to His Word is showing God's love in us what exactly are you revealing about yourself? Love, Steven

It seems pretty obvious here that you're saying that as a carpenter that doesn't do the activities of a carpenter isn't one, so too, a Christian that doesn't go to church isn't a Christian. Please speak plainly on what you meant by this metaphor.

Also, if we walk in the light we have fellowship with the body of Christ, no building implied. Not to mention, we can exhort one another and stir up love and good works throughout our daily lives, without going to church. I did not start the building thing :) but it is where their assembling... one passes away but that which is received inside I keep forever with me!

Well, as explained by me above, it looks like you were referring to the building thing. I will ask you again, do you think if a Christian doesn't go to church, he isn't a Christian? Is that really that hard to answer?

Lastly, what about believers who can't find a church that they can attend in good conscience? Then by The Grace of God enter a dead one and by God's power make it live!

Enter a dead church that is not worshiping in spirit and truth, that is probably doing things God hates, but I'm supposed to go anyway? Am I to worship on my terms, or on GOD'S TERMS?

I don't think we should saddle a burden on Christians who, for good reasons of their own, do not attend church as much as others do. On that note, how much assembling of ourselves together would be enough to satisfy the admonition of Hebrews 10:24-25? when those doors are open a realized heart of continual forgiveness should be waithing there to thank Him for His mercy!

This was another direct and simple question that you didn't answer. Please, I really would like to know how much church attendance is necessary for a Christian, in order to obey Hebrews 10:24-25, since you are of the belief that it is very necessary to go to church.

Omegaman

Omegaman

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
If I might venture a comment of to on this topic. Going to church does not make one a Christian. Avoiding church does not make one not a Christian.

Same can be said of baptism, Being baptised does not make one a Christian, aptism is one of many things that obedient Christians do. As one man said, it is not the absence of baptism that damns, but the dispising of baptism that damns. I am not sure of that, not even sure I know what it means. But the point I am making is that there are things that Christians do by nature, baptism is one, because as a beleiver, we want to obey our Lord. Evangelism is another.

In the early church, there was no church as we know it today, so obviously one need not attend a church to be saved or to be a Christian. However, as Christians who want to do God's will, we will be baptised, we will evangelize, we will study the word, and we will seek opportunities go give of our material good, give of our time doing good works, we will be looking for opportunities to worship in various ways, pray for one another, encourage one another teach one another and learn from one another, not to mention that Christians love one another.

Seems to me, that attending a church, is a convenient way to do a lot of these things that we want to do becuase we are Christians. If a beleiver has other ways to accomplish these things, that is great. In my personal experience, it is the exceptional Christian that does not attend church and still manages to accomplish all of the thinggs I just listed.

If you are giving of your time and talent and goods, learning from others and teaching others, parying praising doing good and loving beleivers, getting baptised if you have not been etc, all apart from church, you might me able to make the case that you need not attend, but that is still no reason why one should not attend and support a good, bible beleiving local assembly.

One thing that frightens me about too many who avoid formal fellowship, is there tendency to avoid accountability for their doctrine and how they live there lives. The church is not some organiztion like a company or even a charity like the Red Cross. The church (universal) is family, and local churchs are places where family gathers.

Why would we not want to join with those we love? We do love them, if we are truly beleivers.

John 13:34-35:

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Notice that is a COMMANDMENT from the Lord. If you are not loving the brethren and Jesus loved us, and to the degree that even the world can see that you are loving the brethren, then you are intentionally sinning against God, it appears to me.

12So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; 13bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. 14Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity. 15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. 17Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

If I might venture a comment of to on this topic. Going to church does not make one a Christian. Avoiding church does not make one not a Christian.

Same can be said of baptism, Being baptised does not make one a Christian, aptism is one of many things that obedient Christians do. As one man said, it is not the absence of baptism that damns, but the dispising of baptism that damns. I am not sure of that, not even sure I know what it means. But the point I am making is that there are things that Christians do by nature, baptism is one, because as a beleiver, we want to obey our Lord. Evangelism is another.

In the early church, there was no church as we know it today, so obviously one need not attend a church to be saved or to be a Christian. However, as Christians who want to do God's will, we will be baptised, we will evangelize, we will study the word, and we will seek opportunities go give of our material good, give of our time doing good works, we will be looking for opportunities to worship in various ways, pray for one another, encourage one another teach one another and learn from one another, not to mention that Christians love one another.

Seems to me, that attending a church, is a convenient way to do a lot of these things that we want to do becuase we are Christians. If a beleiver has other ways to accomplish these things, that is great. In my personal experience, it is the exceptional Christian that does not attend church and still manages to accomplish all of the thinggs I just listed.

If you are giving of your time and talent and goods, learning from others and teaching others, parying praising doing good and loving beleivers, getting baptised if you have not been etc, all apart from church, you might me able to make the case that you need not attend, but that is still no reason why one should not attend and support a good, bible beleiving local assembly.

One thing that frightens me about too many who avoid formal fellowship, is there tendency to avoid accountability for their doctrine and how they live there lives. The church is not some organiztion like a company or even a charity like the Red Cross. The church (universal) is family, and local churchs are places where family gathers.

Why would we not want to join with those we love? We do love them, if we are truly beleivers.

John 13:34-35:

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Notice that is a COMMANDMENT from the Lord. If you are not loving the brethren and Jesus loved us, and to the degree that even the world can see that you are loving the brethren, then you are intentionally sinning against God, it appears to me.

12So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; 13bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. 14Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity. 15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. 17Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

well said O...man

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,439 posts
Great thoughts and perspective Omegaman :thumbsup:

I'd like to add:

The Value of a Friend
Ecc. 4:9-12

9 Two are better than one,
Because they have a good reward for their labor.
10 For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.
But woe to him who is alone when he falls,
For he has no one to help him up.

11 Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm;
But how can one be warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him.
And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

God bless,
GE

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network