christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What Foods To be Healthy And Feel Young

wellness slideshow

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

LOVE SONGS

LOVE SONGS

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts
http://healthyliving...tid=250058102#9

Click on the slideshow ...it says what each type of food we benifit from .

Chicken, again? Don't feel bad about serving this standby when you put it on the table --

Handy

Handy
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Great list of foods,  healthy foods keep you young and fit. Being healthy and looks younger you have to eat good diet. Fish, meat, green leafy veggies, milk, cheese , eggs are great foods for you. Avoid eating junk foods and soda. 

gnomonist

gnomonist

Advanced Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Chicken's good, but in that picture it's missing the skin.   Should also have the skin, unless some are like me and hate grill fires!  :laugh:

Leonard

Leonard

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,865 posts

Since I have simply taken to eating more vegetables and almost NO grain foods, I have lost from 324 to 258.  A1C is down from 13 to 6.9.

I eat lost of eggs and sausage or bacon for breakfast, but usually the bacon or sausage is within a frittata or omelet which contains chopped celery, onion, spinach and garlic as well.

Most breads--even whole grain ones--still spike my blood sugar (whole grain ones, or Ezekiel 4:9 bread not so much), and white rice is the WORST!

Also, with many a stumble, near stumble and occasional fall, I have been walking at least a mile almost every day, up to 3.5 miles.

Lots of lots of salads, and roasted veggies like zucchini and peppers and broccoli and cauliflower and ANY KIND OF GREENS make a diet so delicious, you will not miss sweets, breads, etc.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Since I have simply taken to eating more vegetables and almost NO grain foods, I have lost from 324 to 258.  A1C is down from 13 to 6.9.

I eat lost of eggs and sausage or bacon for breakfast, but usually the bacon or sausage is within a frittata or omelet which contains chopped celery, onion, spinach and garlic as well.

Most breads--even whole grain ones--still spike my blood sugar (whole grain ones, or Ezekiel 4:9 bread not so much), and white rice is the WORST!

Also, with many a stumble, near stumble and occasional fall, I have been walking at least a mile almost every day, up to 3.5 miles.

Lots of lots of salads, and roasted veggies like zucchini and peppers and broccoli and cauliflower and ANY KIND OF GREENS make a diet so delicious, you will not miss sweets, breads, etc.

Good for you.I am thinking that you feel alot better. :mgcheerful: Do you take a multivitamin everyday on top of that healthy food?

Guest_Maryseblossom_*

Guest_Maryseblossom_*
  • Guests

Chicken's good, but in that picture it's missing the skin.   Should also have the skin, unless some are like me and hate grill fires!  :laugh:

technically, its not that healthy to eat the skin :P 

Guest_Maryseblossom_*

Guest_Maryseblossom_*
  • Guests

I am currently following a diet to help me heal from the colitis. It is a life long issue, meaning that if after healing I go eat junk all the time, I would have problem again. 

The diet I am following is called specific carbohydrates diet. I have a lot of stuff I cannot eat like bread, whole grains, rice, starch, dairy. I basically had to start new by eating really simple food for 3 days, like a baby all mushed up. And then slowly as I feel better, I can incorporate new vegetables or fruits. but everything have to be well cooked. 

Since on that diet, I can see a lot of change in my energy level, but I also lost 5 pounds. (not that I was fat before, but let say it was a welcomed 5 pounds lost for summer *giggles*)

This is a really good diet for people with IBS and other intestines problem. Along with people who have autism. 

I also noticed that since I don't eat bread, my head is more clear. Before I used to have bread almost every meal (oh how I love bread). But I would feel all sluggish and like if I was in a cloud. 

My favorite thing to eat right now is banana and apple/peach sauce.. oh my god! lol. and of course chicken. yum!

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,308 posts

I am currently following a diet to help me heal from the colitis. It is a life long issue, meaning that if after healing I go eat junk all the time, I would have problem again. 

The diet I am following is called specific carbohydrates diet. I have a lot of stuff I cannot eat like bread, whole grains, rice, starch, dairy. I basically had to start new by eating really simple food for 3 days, like a baby all mushed up. And then slowly as I feel better, I can incorporate new vegetables or fruits. but everything have to be well cooked. 

Since on that diet, I can see a lot of change in my energy level, but I also lost 5 pounds. (not that I was fat before, but let say it was a welcomed 5 pounds lost for summer *giggles*)

This is a really good diet for people with IBS and other intestines problem. Along with people who have autism. 

I also noticed that since I don't eat bread, my head is more clear. Before I used to have bread almost every meal (oh how I love bread). But I would feel all sluggish and like if I was in a cloud. 

My favorite thing to eat right now is banana and apple/peach sauce.. oh my god! lol. and of course chicken. yum!

Watch too much BBQ then! (oh and careful of the highlighted in your post please, it offends some)

Guest_Maryseblossom_*

Guest_Maryseblossom_*
  • Guests
Not sure I get what you mean by my highlighted.

Guest_Maryseblossom_*

Guest_Maryseblossom_*
  • Guests
Ah the oh my God.. Well sorry if I offended someone.

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,101 posts

It is by His Name we are justified and by His Name condemned...

John 3:18

18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is

condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only

begotten Son of God.
NKJV

simply if we believe what the Word of God says about the Son only reverence to His

Person tied directly to His Name can be acceptable!   Love, Steven

Guest_Maryseblossom_*

Guest_Maryseblossom_*
  • Guests

It is by His Name we are justified and by His Name condemned...

John 3:18

18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is

condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only

begotten Son of God.
NKJV

simply if we believe what the Word of God says about the Son only reverence to His

Person tied directly to His Name can be acceptable!   Love, Steven

well i didnt mean anything not courteous. 

Meta_Agape

Meta_Agape
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Just throwing this out there but royal jelly (supplement or honey) is a *great* natural thing you can add to your diet for increased energy and vitality! I learned about it from Bruce Lee's workout book :read: years ago, hahah. It worked for me, I got one of my friends to try it about a year ago and he loved the taste and it gave him increased energy too.  :101: lol ^_^

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Just throwing this out there but royal jelly (supplement or honey) is a *great* natural thing you can add to your diet for increased energy and vitality! I learned about it from Bruce Lee's workout book :read: years ago, hahah. It worked for me, I got one of my friends to try it about a year ago and he loved the taste and it gave him increased energy too.  :101: lol ^_^

Royal jelly?What is it?A form of honey?

Meta_Agape

Meta_Agape
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Yep It's a special kind of honey that bee's make and give to the queen bee lol. You can get it either as the honey itself or in capsules.
http://www.webmd.com...ame=ROYAL JELLY

I also started drinking earl grey tea again today, it helps to relax and has a lot of other benefits & tastes great:
http://www.expertcli...a-Benefits.html

I've also been drinking "sleepytime tea" for about a month now 2-5 times a day. A great, tasty tea for relaxing. ^_^
http://www.livestron...sleepytime-tea/

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Yep It's a special kind of honey that bee's make and give to the queen bee lol. You can get it either as the honey itself or in capsules.
http://www.webmd.com...ame=ROYAL JELLY

I also started drinking earl grey tea again today, it helps to relax and has a lot of other benefits & tastes great:
http://www.expertcli...a-Benefits.html

I've also been drinking "sleepytime tea" for about a month now 2-5 times a day. A great, tasty tea for relaxing. ^_^
http://www.livestron...sleepytime-tea/

I drink white tea exclusively.Very healthy with lots of antitoxants and low in caffeine.I put in my local raw honey in my tea.I am done with coffee.

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,101 posts

wow now that's a sacrifice ..... no coffee at all? Have you had any convulsions... :o 

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

wow now that's a sacrifice ..... no coffee at all? Have you had any convulsions... :o

Well,my son says I am interesting and unique soooooo :unsure: .

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,101 posts

so the convulsions is what he finds unique??? :hmmm:

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

so the convulsions is what he finds unique??? :hmmm:

No,he likes the convulsions.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network