Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

expensive ways to survive "the end of the world"

25 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I found this one interesting:

1. The man building Noah's Ark

"Lu Zhenghai of China is sinking $160,000 of his life savings into a massive ship to ensure that he and his family are protected in the event of a worldwide flood. The house-sized ship is pretty substantial, too. At 65 feet long, it weighs about 80 tons, built mostly of timber and steel. It's unclear if there will be any animals taken onboard."

Too bad he didn't read in the Bible where God promised to never destroy the world with a flood again. He could have saved that $160,000.

Posted · Report post

Friday evening Dec. 21 will be spent wrapping presents and enjoying spiced tea and homemade Christmas cookies. That's my survival plan, LOL

Posted · Report post

oh my goodness :101: oh my goodness :runforhills: or just carry on as normal and know that God is in charge :amen:

Posted · Report post

Many of my coworkers were joking that they are going to take the day off and have an end of the world party. Just in case it did happen. They did not want to spend their last day working.

Posted · Report post

Many of my coworkers were joking that they are going to take the day off and have an end of the world party. Just in case it did happen. They did not want to spend their last day working.

How resourceful.

Posted · Report post

Friday evening Dec. 21 will be spent wrapping presents and enjoying spiced tea and homemade Christmas cookies. That's my survival plan, LOL

Don't know about the spiced tea, but heck can we come survive with you.

Posted · Report post

Keep in mind that this calender ending time because of the astronomical things ends at 11:11 UTC which is at 5:11 am Central time. So if you're going to party do it the day before as suggested here.

Shiloh, I don't think you'll have much trouble wrapping presents unless you run out of tape LoL

We're having a party Sunday School class Christmas party Friday night, guess we can celebrate the non end at the same time, and another Saturday night.

Posted · Report post

Ah yes, building up the fat storage reserve for the long days of starvation. Good plan! :P

(Remember this folks when you go to your Christmas parties with lots of high caloric food. This is your justification for not skimping. :grin: )

Posted · Report post

Keep in mind that this calender ending time because of the astronomical things ends at 11:11 UTC which is at 5:11 am Central time. So if you're going to party do it the day before as suggested here.

I will be in chat at that time. If anyone wants to join me lol.

Posted · Report post

Personally I like Tom Horn's thoughts on the 21st..... he says he's just going to bed and sleep.... if it's the end, he's as ready as he will ever be and if it's not the end, well Saturday is another day.......

Posted · Report post

We are treating my father in law to dinner at one of his favorite restaurants, to celebrate his 93rd. birthday. : )

Posted · Report post

I think im gonna call in dead to work the 21st see what happens. . .

Posted (edited) · Report post

Do you think your boss will go for that (assuming it's not the end of the world, of course)?

Edited by AlexanderJ

Posted · Report post

Someone might freak out if you do that. Zombies, remember? :whistling:

Posted · Report post

Don't know about the spiced tea, but heck can we come survive with you.

The more the merrier!!

Posted · Report post

Ah yes, building up the fat storage reserve for the long days of starvation. Good plan! :P

(Remember this folks when you go to your Christmas parties with lots of high caloric food. This is your justification for not skimping. :grin: )

Yes, that's the plan, LOL

Posted · Report post

Personally, I'm holding an "April Fools" party on December 22.

Posted · Report post

That's how most of my staff arrive at work every day. Who would know the difference in South Africa? sigh.......

Posted · Report post

Someone might freak out if you do that. Zombies, remember? :whistling:

Ya, that would make it that much funnier. :P

Posted · Report post

um im so glad its not the end of the world but if it was im trusting God on when that happens I dont need any of that expensive fancy stuff. anything man made isnt abouslute and I wonder if it is really workable ya know? um I wonder how well that 3 ton steel ball is gonna work and if they tested it on volcano, tsunami, earthquake, or nuclear meltdowns. I have to wonder how do they know it will work.

Posted · Report post

Remind me never to buy a Mayan calender again. The darn things don't work. ^_^

Posted · Report post

Let's see . . .

We survived the Mayan apocalypse, but the Twinkies didn't. The Twinkies were supposed to outlast the next Ice Age . . . Ironic, isn't it?

Posted · Report post

that just goes to show you walla, that God made us much hardier then the twinkie :P

Posted · Report post

was looking forward to getting a box of twinkies delivered to Australia but love the fried mars bar should try it if you get mars bars in america get your local take away staff person to fry it up in the fryer they use for frying up chips

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0