christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

expensive ways to survive "the end of the world"

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,446 posts
http://news.yahoo.co...-170500985.html

:rolleyes:

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
I found this one interesting:

1. The man building Noah's Ark

"Lu Zhenghai of China is sinking $160,000 of his life savings into a massive ship to ensure that he and his family are protected in the event of a worldwide flood. The house-sized ship is pretty substantial, too. At 65 feet long, it weighs about 80 tons, built mostly of timber and steel. It's unclear if there will be any animals taken onboard."

Too bad he didn't read in the Bible where God promised to never destroy the world with a flood again. He could have saved that $160,000.

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,425 posts
Friday evening Dec. 21 will be spent wrapping presents and enjoying spiced tea and homemade Christmas cookies. That's my survival plan, LOL

ladypeartree

ladypeartree

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,576 posts
oh my goodness :101: oh my goodness :runforhills: or just carry on as normal and know that God is in charge :amen:

Babbler

Babbler

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
Many of my coworkers were joking that they are going to take the day off and have an end of the world party. Just in case it did happen. They did not want to spend their last day working.

AlexanderJ

AlexanderJ

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Many of my coworkers were joking that they are going to take the day off and have an end of the world party. Just in case it did happen. They did not want to spend their last day working.

How resourceful.

deleted *

deleted *
  • Members *
  • 0 posts

Friday evening Dec. 21 will be spent wrapping presents and enjoying spiced tea and homemade Christmas cookies. That's my survival plan, LOL

Don't know about the spiced tea, but heck can we come survive with you.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts
Keep in mind that this calender ending time because of the astronomical things ends at 11:11 UTC which is at 5:11 am Central time. So if you're going to party do it the day before as suggested here.

Shiloh, I don't think you'll have much trouble wrapping presents unless you run out of tape LoL

We're having a party Sunday School class Christmas party Friday night, guess we can celebrate the non end at the same time, and another Saturday night.

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts

Ah yes, building up the fat storage reserve for the long days of starvation. Good plan! :P

(Remember this folks when you go to your Christmas parties with lots of high caloric food. This is your justification for not skimping. :grin: )

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,446 posts

Keep in mind that this calender ending time because of the astronomical things ends at 11:11 UTC which is at 5:11 am Central time. So if you're going to party do it the day before as suggested here.

I will be in chat at that time. If anyone wants to join me lol.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts
Personally I like Tom Horn's thoughts on the 21st..... he says he's just going to bed and sleep.... if it's the end, he's as ready as he will ever be and if it's not the end, well Saturday is another day.......

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts
We are treating my father in law to dinner at one of his favorite restaurants, to celebrate his 93rd. birthday. : )

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,568 posts
I think im gonna call in dead to work the 21st see what happens. . .

AlexanderJ

AlexanderJ

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Do you think your boss will go for that (assuming it's not the end of the world, of course)?

Edited by AlexanderJ, 19 December 2012 - 11:53 PM.

walla299

walla299

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,773 posts

Someone might freak out if you do that. Zombies, remember? :whistling:

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,425 posts

Don't know about the spiced tea, but heck can we come survive with you.

The more the merrier!!

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,425 posts

Ah yes, building up the fat storage reserve for the long days of starvation. Good plan! :P

(Remember this folks when you go to your Christmas parties with lots of high caloric food. This is your justification for not skimping. :grin: )

Yes, that's the plan, LOL

Leonard

Leonard

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,865 posts
Personally, I'm holding an "April Fools" party on December 22.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,303 posts

That's how most of my staff arrive at work every day. Who would know the difference in South Africa? sigh.......

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,568 posts

Someone might freak out if you do that. Zombies, remember? :whistling:

Ya, that would make it that much funnier. :P

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network