christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Does Hell have literal fire?

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

CedarWaxwing

CedarWaxwing
  • 4 posts
Since I'm not allowed to post anywhere else, not even in the outer court, I'll have to post here first.

One of my friends recently has turned away from the Lord and from Christianity. We got into a debate about hell and so I sent him the RBC ministries booklet "What does the Bible say about hell?"

The booklet says that there are degrees of punishment in hell and that those who did not know God's expectations will be punished lightly, based on the following verse:

“The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows." Luke 12:47-48

The booklet claims that hell cannot be literal fire (at least not for everyone), because it would be the same punishment for everyone. I sent the following quote to my friend:

"So should we portray hell as a literal furnace of fire where all the lost will scream in pain throughout eternity? The Church Fathers, Luther, Calvin, all the classical theologians, and present-day evangelical leaders like Francis Schaeffer and J.I. Packer say an emphatic no. They point out that God will lightly punish those who did not know much about his expectations (Luke 12:48) A hell in which all burn in a literal fire does not allow for significant degrees of punishment."

After I sent this to my friend, he replies back with Revelation 21:15 - "Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire." So this made me ask myself, does it really make sense to take the good part of Revelation literally (the New Jerusalem, the streets of gold, several jewels mentioned) but to think that the lake of fire and brimstone is not meant literally. I think that is quite inconsistent. So this made me think there probably is literal fire, but maybe everyone who is thrown into the lake of fire does not stay in the fire permanently. Maybe there are parts of the lake of fire that do not contain fire. But does that really make sense? If I was thrown into a lake of water occurring on earth, every part of the lake contains water.

The other question this raises -- does every lost person suffer for all eternity or do some people eventually cease to exist? If some people are punished lightly, as Luke 12:47-48 says, how can their punishment last for all eternity. I mean, even if they are not in literal flames of fire, a punishment that lasts forever is still infinitely severe because it just goes on forever and will never end. How can that be a light punishment?

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,776 posts
Truth

Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.

But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. Luke 12:44-48

And The Touch

The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: 2 Peter 2:9

Of His Acts

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Revelation 3:19

Of Love

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

You See?

~

The other question this raises -- does every lost person suffer for all eternity or do some people eventually cease to exist? If some people are punished lightly, as Luke 12:47-48 says, how can their punishment last for all eternity. I mean, even if they are not in literal flames of fire, a punishment that lasts forever is still infinitely severe because it just goes on forever and will never end. How can that be a light punishment?

Joy

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: John 3:35-36(a)

Or Wrath

and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36(b)

And Yes, There Is Nothing Light

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. Mark 9:47-48

About The Wrath Of God Almighty

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. Revelation 14:9-11

Nor Is There Anything Half-Hearted About His Love

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

~

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

AlexanderJ

AlexanderJ

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
I wouldn't say that the fire in hell cannot be literal fire, but I think that it is doubtful that it is such. Certain places in the Bible describe hell as a place of utter and absolute darkness. We all know that fire produces light, so I'm not sure the how those two (fire and utter darkness) would coincide.

I think that it is most probable that Hell is a spiritual place, and that darkness and fire are simply descriptions of the physical world that most accurately correspond to conditions in hell.

Edited by AlexanderJ, 19 December 2012 - 11:25 PM.

Hansc

Hansc
  • Members
  • 75 posts

I wouldn't say that the fire in hell cannot be literal fire, but I think that it is doubtful that it is such. Certain places in the Bible describe hell as a place of utter and absolute darkness. We all know that fire produces light, so I'm not sure the how those two (fire and utter darkness) would coincide.

I think that it is most probable that Hell is a spiritual place, and that darkness and fire are simply descriptions of the physical world that most accurately correspond to conditions in hell.

To me, when Jesus is speaking of the rich man, He seems to being referring to actual fire. I think there is real fire in Hell, but not all of Hell is on fire. It's like saying, there is a fire in the dark forest, but not all the forest is on fire, consequently you have both darkness and fire.

AlexanderJ

AlexanderJ

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

To me, when Jesus is speaking of the rich man, He seems to being referring to actual fire. I think there is real fire in Hell, but not all of Hell is on fire. It's like saying, there is a fire in the dark forest, but not all the forest is on fire, consequently you have both darkness and fire.

What you believe may be correct, but it's worth noting that Jesus was speaking by parable. Parables are not often literal in all respects.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,776 posts

Most people, including reporters, have no idea how fire departments go about their jobs. The average citizen sees news reports of water tower operations or examples of firefighting in movies. They don’t know what goes on inside of a structure. Just like with most things, the movies and television, usually have it all wrong. (Or at least mostly wrong.)

Ron Howard tried his best to depict firefighting in his movie “Backdraft”. But even he admitted that he had to take liberties with the truth. He sent his actors, crew and himself through training with the Chicago Fire Department. He discovered that firefighting is dark and dangerous. It is not the glorious walk through the flames that Hollywood would like you to believe. In an interview, Ron Howard stated that when you are in a fire that you can’t see anything. Unfortunately that makes for a boring movie. Imagine a movie made up of gray darkness and muffled yelling. He admitted that he took liberties in order to make a movie. The latest movie, "Ladder 49", was much the same way. There was room after room of nice smokeless fire. When we practice or train, we often wear black hoods over our breathing apparatus face pieces. This best simulates what we can usually see in a fire.

http://www.fireservi...irefighter.html

AlexanderJ

AlexanderJ

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Most people, including reporters, have no idea how fire departments go about their jobs. The average citizen sees news reports of water tower operations or examples of firefighting in movies. They don’t know what goes on inside of a structure. Just like with most things, the movies and television, usually have it all wrong. (Or at least mostly wrong.)

Ron Howard tried his best to depict firefighting in his movie “Backdraft”. But even he admitted that he had to take liberties with the truth. He sent his actors, crew and himself through training with the Chicago Fire Department. He discovered that firefighting is dark and dangerous. It is not the glorious walk through the flames that Hollywood would like you to believe. In an interview, Ron Howard stated that when you are in a fire that you can’t see anything. Unfortunately that makes for a boring movie. Imagine a movie made up of gray darkness and muffled yelling. He admitted that he took liberties in order to make a movie. The latest movie, "Ladder 49", was much the same way. There was room after room of nice smokeless fire. When we practice or train, we often wear black hoods over our breathing apparatus face pieces. This best simulates what we can usually see in a fire.

http://www.fireservi...irefighter.html

Very interesting.

Hansc

Hansc
  • Members
  • 75 posts

What you believe may be correct, but it's worth noting that Jesus was speaking by parable. Parables are not often literal in all respects.

I understand there is some contention on this, but I do not believe the story of Lazarus and the rich man was a parable. I know that Jesus did use a lot of parables, but I do not believe this is one of them.

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts

Since I'm not allowed to post anywhere else, not even in the outer court, I'll have to post here first.

You simply need to get to 10 posts CedarWaxwing to starta a new topic in the Inner/Outer Court. :) Just reply to the people on this thread and you should be able to get there in no time.

Regarding posting see this link: http://www.worthychr...g-restrictions/

Welcome to Worthy. You will notice as a new member that your ability to post and start topics in certain forums may be limited. In general, one may either start topics or reply to topics in any forum with the following exceptions:

1. One must be a member (10 or more posts) to start a topic in the Inner Court

2. One must be a member (10 or more posts) to have access to Private Messaging

3. One must have 100 posts to start or respond to topics in the Controversial Forum

4. All posts in the Seekers Forum require the approval of a moderator before they become visible. This holds true for all posters regardless of status.

I will post on the actual subject of this thread shortly.

God bless,
GE

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts

One of my friends recently has turned away from the Lord and from Christianity. We got into a debate about hell and so I sent him the RBC ministries booklet "What does the Bible say about hell?"

What is Hell? How is Hell described in the Bible?

Hell – A place of weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Luke 13:18
There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out.

Hell – It will be a furnace of fire with wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Matt. 13:40-43
40 Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

Hell – a place of darkness, weeping, and gnashing of teeth. (Matt. 22:11-13; Matt. 25:29-30)

Matt. 22:11-13
11 “But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment. 12 So he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment?’ And he was speechless. 13 Then the king said to the servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and
[a] cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matt. 25:29-30
29 ‘For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

Hell - The punishment will be everlasting separation from the presence of God. (2 Thess. 1:9)

2 Thess. 1:9
These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power…

Hell – a place where people will be burned with fire and brimstone.

Rev. 21:8
But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Hell - Those who receive the Mark of the Beast (and reject Christ) will be tormented forever and will have no rest.

Rev. 14:11
And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

Hell – Again there will be torments in Hell (Hades – vs. 23). There will be no satisfaction as people will be constantly thirsty and tormented by the flame. (vs. 24) There will be no going to and from the good part of eternity to the bad. (vs. 26)

Luke 16:19-31
The Rich Man and Lazarus

19 “There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. 20 But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, 21 desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell
[d]
from the rich man’s table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 “Then he cried and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.25 But Abraham said, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. 26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.’

27 “Then he said, ‘I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father’s house, 28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.’ 29 Abraham said to him, ‘They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.’ 30 And he said, ‘No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’ 31 But he said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.’”

That is the bad news... Yet there is hope...

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
Yet there is hope… If we confess with our mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in our heart that God has raised Him from the dead we will be saved. (v. 9) Whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. (v. 13)

Rom. 10:8-13
8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”
[e] (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”[f] 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”[g]

God bless,
GE

warriorforJesus

warriorforJesus

• PipPip
  • 106 posts
Yes, I would think it has real fire. What a disturbing thought to be in hell. Hopefully the people who think that God isn't real can repent and be saved.

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,167 posts

The booklet says that there are degrees of punishment in hell and that those who did not know God's expectations will be punished lightly, based on the following verse:

“The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows." Luke 12:47-48

The booklet claims that hell cannot be literal fire (at least not for everyone), because it would be the same punishment for everyone. I sent the following quote to my friend:

"So should we portray hell as a literal furnace of fire where all the lost will scream in pain throughout eternity? The Church Fathers, Luther, Calvin, all the classical theologians, and present-day evangelical leaders like Francis Schaeffer and J.I. Packer say an emphatic no. They point out that God will lightly punish those who did not know much about his expectations (Luke 12:48) A hell in which all burn in a literal fire does not allow for significant degrees of punishment."

After I sent this to my friend, he replies back with Revelation 21:15 - "Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire." So this made me ask myself, does it really make sense to take the good part of Revelation literally (the New Jerusalem, the streets of gold, several jewels mentioned) but to think that the lake of fire and brimstone is not meant literally. I think that is quite inconsistent. So this made me think there probably is literal fire, but maybe everyone who is thrown into the lake of fire does not stay in the fire permanently. Maybe there are parts of the lake of fire that do not contain fire. But does that really make sense? If I was thrown into a lake of water occurring on earth, every part of the lake contains water.

What this is concerning is people who love their sin and are trying to minimize the punishment by reducing the fear of hell!
Hell will be a place where only God's wrath remains forever... as God is the supplier of all our needs
Php 4:19-20
19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 20 Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen
NKJV

This aspect of God's supply not present then you are left with all the present needs you face but without those needs met: hunger, thirst, love, satisfying temperature,
fellowship, joy, peace, contentment, etc. Now imagine the increase of these needs forever as each moment building a more desire for but -never met! Then add the
flame of fire as the outward intensity of suffering along with the inward burning needs ~ this terrible realty is understood by The Beautiful Son of God and the terrible
sacrifice He and His Father and Spirit were willing to go through to provide a way of escape... This is understood by God own Voice here
Lk 12:4-5
4 "And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body,
and after that have no more that they can do. 5 But I will show you whom
you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into
hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!
NKJV

We can clearly see the magnitude of this by God's warning in the very beginning-> not to eat of this one specific tree<- and now look at all the horrors
that has arrived here through sin! When God restates emphatic 'yes, I say to you, fear Him!' I would give it the greatest of attention! Love, Steven

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,167 posts

Orthodox church in general believes that the fire one experiences is from God's love burning for those who are lost to turn to him.
There are words and opinions but only One Word from God

Jn 3:36
36 He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."
NKJV

So what those who believe experience is warmth and love and what those who do not experience it see it as fire and burning. There is argument over what Jesus is talking about when he is referring to what is translated into English as hell. Some will say it is actually our idea of hell and some say it is Ghenna, a literal place outside of Jerusalem that was for burning trash among other things. To be far I am not sure what the Church Fathers did say on the idea of levels of hell but I know that some ideas come from Dante. If I was you I would do more reading before engaging him. He seems as if he has done some reading and will be able to throw out ideas that can counter yours. And if this is so I would caution engaging him before you understand what you are arguing against and what you actually hold as true.

There is no guess work in the what of hell!
Everlasting punishment. Mt 25:46.
Everlasting fire. Mt 25:41.
Everlasting burnings. Isa 33:14.
A furnace of fire. Mt 13:42,50.
A lake of fire. Rv 20:15.
Fire and brimstone. Rv 14:10.
Unquenchable fire. Mt 3:12.
Devouring fire. Isa 33:14.
Love, Steven

IatePistachiosSigningUp

IatePistachiosSigningUp
  • Members
  • 36 posts

That Statement is not talking about Hell. A servant of the Lord does not end up in Hell. Those that did works for the Lord and called him Lord lived in sin, Jesus said I don't even know you. A servant that does not do as the Lord asked, but did his own works, those works are tried and burnt up, yet the servant is still saved.

A spirit can not be Killed, so the person is in Hell forever.

The sin that gets you in Hell is not accepting Jesus. Mary K Baxter talked about her trip to Hell with Jesus, and she said there are levels of punishment there. Her Material is free, just google her. I have no reason to suspect she is lying, but I would not make her experience a doctrine either.

Jesus Is Lord.

Does that mean that if someone were to have a drinking problem or a porn problem; yet still tried to get somewhere by studying the word diligently, evangelize, sacrifice, love, and give, that they would be risking Jesus saying that they would never know them. Or is the verse saying that those who claim to do works but don't are in the heat?

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,776 posts

Does that mean that if someone were to have a drinking problem or a porn problem; yet still tried to get somewhere by studying the word diligently, evangelize, sacrifice, love, and give, that they would be risking Jesus saying that they would never know them. Or is the verse saying that those who claim to do works but don't are in the heat?

It's Jesus

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

Or Not

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Romans 3:24-28

You See?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

~

Beloved

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13

To Whom Could A Sinner Man Man Turn?

When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you? What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil? He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.
John 6:61-71

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,426 posts
Consider the following:

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 NKJV

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

God searches the hearts of everyone and knows if someone is His or not ...

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,426 posts
I have moved this to a more appropriate forum.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,776 posts

Consider the following:

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 NKJV

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

God searches the hearts of everyone and knows if someone is His or not ...

:thumbsup:

~

And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus: Acts 13:22-23

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts
There are flames that are invisible. Rick Mears was engulfed in a fire that was invisible to the naked eye. If one can believe that the worlds were formed by the Word of God, why does it seem so incredible to think that fire can be produced which gives on light while it burns? The best advice is simply to avoid hell by picking up your cross and following Jesus.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network