christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you reading?

reading books

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

Jenell Faith

Jenell Faith
  • Members
  • 9 posts
I am currently reading Sweet Jiminy by Kristin Gore!! :-)

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Never heard of that before Is it good?

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

I just started reading The Fault in our stars on Late Sunday night and now its Wednesday and I am almost done with it. Its a great book so far. I like the writing style and how I am learning new bigger words from reading this novel. 

GodsGirl36

GodsGirl36
  • 1 posts

I'm currently reading "Holy Spirit" by John Bevere....it's excellent!!  As well as "Nurture" by Lisa Bevere, a must read for all of Gods' women. They are both very good writers and I love how they put things in applicable terms. As for novels, The Redemption Series by Karen Kingsbury & Gary Smalley is one of my all time favorites.

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

i bought a couple of books for my vacation. The first one is called The Selection and its sequel is called The Elite. They look good we shall see.

DeaneRenata

DeaneRenata

• PipPip
  • 141 posts

I am just wondering what everyone is reading right now. Any new authors out there that you can't help but love?

For me, I am still on Chronicles of Narnia. But I am also reading Treasures of Darkness, Treasures of Light, and some throw back Peretti. I also like Francine Rivers/

I am reading your post, lol.

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

I fininshed the one which is book three in the selection series I am now reading a book by Francine Rivers called Leotas Garden its pretty funny so far and kind of sad but its good so far.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,992 posts
  • Interests:camping computers
A series of books about a fictional family of witches in Savanah. Pure fiction set In a real location that we visited earlier this year.... not reality but a fun read

pawz

pawz
  • Members
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Computers, computer gaming, dogs, music ( all sorts), creative writing and poetry, nature, the Lord's return, prophecy in Scripture, koine Greek, keeping the mind agile with puzzles (but not 'word-search - ugh) looking after the garden and best beloved - none of these being listed in order of importance!

I am plodding  through a book called 'The Twilight of Abundance' - Best Beloved recommended it. Quite a lot of math in it, which I don't properly understand, but  am just getting to interesting bits that give  insight into the intrigues of men supporting the  idea of global warming, and what they attempt to do to push their agenda forward despite growing awareness in the scientific community that  their 'evidence' is based on faulty models and manipulation of facts ( i.e the hockey-stick graph). The book is so titled because, according to the author (who oughta know what he is talking about, being a leading light in his field), we are  about to enter a new dark age, where mass starvation, war, rioting, a cooling  planet and energy shortages are the bleak future prospects. As a previous reader observed, there ought to be a phone-number for the Samaritans  written in the front! While I do not disbelieve this authors claims (not even half-way through yet, mind), I do wonder how fast or slow the unwinding of this projected course of events is going to take, noting that it  is already in the early stages - and anyway, it is my confident  expectation that the Lord will  be returning fairly soon ( which the author has not so far factored in, though he does quote Revelation at the chapter headings), so for me there is no great threat to be braced for, even if what the author claims  is an accurate portrayal.

If you are interested, the author is David Archibald, and if you are interested in seeing the 'other side' of the global -warming debate - not the stuff pushed out by the IPCC- suggest a visit to the 'Watts Up WithThat? website would be an eye-opener.

Lhady_mean 101096

Lhady_mean 101096
  • 2 posts

im starting to read bible 

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts
  • Interests:My Heavenly Father,Jesus Christ,the Holy Spirit,the Bible,people,all Gods creatures(great,small & furry),from the sublime to the ridiculous,learning in general,artwork,animal trainer,cooking & eating,laughing

Blessings Everyone.....

Nothing on the best sellers list,no books lately(taking a break) just letters from an incarcerated friend....Praise the Lord!                     Love,Kwik

Maka

Maka
  • Members
  • 5 posts
The last book besides the Bible that I read was The fault in our stars, great book! I plan on buying looking for Alaska soon.

Floatingaxe

Floatingaxe

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,052 posts

Reading two:

Four Blood Moons, by John Hagee, and Crash the Chatterbox: Hearing God's Voice Above All Others, by Steven Furtick.

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,861 posts

Secret daughter--shilpi somaya gowda .

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

im  reading several at a time such as Sitting at the Feet of of Rabbi Jesus and If I Stay and also John Mc author 12 extraordinary women of the Bible

they are good and now starting Beth Moore Daniel Bible Study.

pawz

pawz
  • Members
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Computers, computer gaming, dogs, music ( all sorts), creative writing and poetry, nature, the Lord's return, prophecy in Scripture, koine Greek, keeping the mind agile with puzzles (but not 'word-search - ugh) looking after the garden and best beloved - none of these being listed in order of importance!

I have temporarily abandoned my efforts to get through 'The Twilight of Abundance' ( see a few posts back for details on that), and instead, having picked up a book I have had for years, intending to research something in Scripture, I find it so interesting I may well read it to the end. Already I have learned that the 'husks' that the swine eat in the story of the prodigal son - and which he was forced to partake of as well - are in fact the fruit of the Corob tree - not, as I pictured,  the shells of half-eaten potatoes or the like, and at the time of writing were  still harvested to be eaten by poor folks in that land, and still eaten by pigs in such places as Cyprus. Also the dark and narrow streets inside the city walls, with no paths either side, and so narrow that if you meet a string of camels or donkeys carrying wide-loads, there is nowhere for you to go, so little niches were cut into the walls to provide the traveller with a protective nook, and the  man driving the  donkeys from behind would shout 'your back!' 'your face!' to warn you to turn away. Reminds me of Moses in the cleft, and the 'narrow way' Jesus speaks of. The writer is actually describing the city of Beirut, and the road and views as you are going toward it as it was when he was there and writing about it, sometime before 1900 ( there is a handwritten inscription inside dated 1895). The book was written by the Rev W.M Thomson D.D and is called 'The Land and the Book', subtitle 'Biblical illustrations drawn from manners and customs in the Holy Land'. Fascinating stuff - no 'Israel' as we know it of course, no Balfour Declaration..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reading, books

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network