christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you reading?

reading books

• Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,301 posts
  • Interests:camping computers

Has anyone read “The Harbinger: The Ancient Mystery That Holds the Secret of America’s Future.”. If so, what did you think of it, and would it be a book of interest to a reader who lives in UK - what would I get out of it I mean, not being an American citizen??

yes I've read it....  I disagreed with the way parts of it related the Bible to the things that were happening.   I don't personally recommend it to friends.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,301 posts
  • Interests:camping computers

While I'm waiting on the books I ordered from Tom Horn, I decided to read Uncle Tom's Cabin again.    It's been 50 years since I last read it.

pawz

pawz

• PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:Computers, computer gaming, dogs, music ( all sorts), creative writing and poetry, nature, the Lord's return, prophecy in Scripture, koine Greek, keeping the mind agile with puzzles (but not 'word-search - ugh) looking after the garden and best beloved - none of these being listed in order of importance!

Has anyone read “The Harbinger: The Ancient Mystery That Holds the Secret of America’s Future.”. If so, what did you think of it, and would it be a book of interest to a reader who lives in UK - what would I get out of it I mean, not being an American citizen??

yes I've read it....  I disagreed with the way parts of it related the Bible to the things that were happening.   I don't personally recommend it to friends.

thank you OtherOne, I prob won't bother with it then

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

im reading chat right now LOL.

Unique

Unique
  • Members
  • 6 posts

I'm reading Exit by Ted Dekker. I discovered him as an author about a year ago, maybe a few months longer, and am trying to catch up with everything he has written so far. Really love his books.

LadyC

LadyC

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,655 posts
  • Interests:my interests vary from week to week, but my faith never does!

i finished reading scott stapp's 'sinners creed'. very good book. and like someone else pointed out, it indicates that he still struggles with his flesh... with addiction. and wisely, he knows he always will, and that he will always need to rely on God to get him through.

so now i started reading a book that was recommended by my mom and my SIL. it's called "the cutting edge". by ace collins. it's fair, so far. i'll keep reading it. it's about a model who gets her face slashed up with a whisky bottle during a robbery gone bad. i think the author writes like she's a bit inexperienced, and there's been a few errors that should have been caught, so i'm surprised that this is an author who has published more than 60 books and has been featured on all sorts of talk shows.  i would expect better from someone like that. seriously. here's an example.... if there were an incoming trauma at an ER, wouldn't you expect the doctor on duty to be paged to the ER "stat"? instead, in the book, the nurse pages "dr. craig, come to the ER, it's an emergency!" and then repeats the page. and words like "beautifully" get spelled "beautiful-ly". what's up with that?

i'll finish it though. and then i'll find something that is written with a more mature voice.

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

well I am reading my boring textbook :(

alien224

alien224

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:praising the Lord. Writing, computers
Chip Ingram " How to find God when you really need Him" great look at the book of Psalms.

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

i have one chip ingram book on Spiritual warfare I need to find it to finish it though. I do remember liking that author alien. Your book sounds delightfully fascinating. I love the Psalms.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reading, books

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network