Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlessedByTheBest

Beware of what is yet to come to deceive...

31 posts in this topic

Oh for goodness sake. A couple of plastic sheep and a donkey made in China with a baby doll (probably also made in china), in a manger made from old popsicle sticks and sprinkled with a few sprigs of grass from the garden do not an idol make.

They may however tell a story to a child. Who most probably won't be emotionally scarred for the rest of their life by it.

The computer you are using right now is probably more of an idol, because too many of us worship at the altar of the laptop, and bow our heads to the screen more than we should.

I don't call my computer Jesus.

When someone has a picture they consider to be a likeness of Jesus, do you believe they think that the picture is Jesus Himself?

man

I don't call my computer Jesus.

So as long as we don't call it Jesus, then it can never be an idol.... Got it, I did not know that.

OneLight:

When someone has a picture they consider to be a likeness of Jesus, do you believe they think that the picture is Jesus Himself?

When I was younger, I always wondered how they knew what Jesus looked liked. My grandma had a picture of him on the wall. I would think that most would not think that it's an exact picture of Jesus.

Mike.

The tone of your posts seem to indicate that you don't believe idolatry to be a problem within the church. If it's not too much trouble, could you please show me why you believe this?

The bible specifically says we are not to have these images. It is an act of corruption to be in possession of these things.

Why is this such a contentious issue?

When did this become meaningless?

Deuteronomy 4

15 “Take careful heed to yourselves, for you saw no form when the Lord spoke to you at Horeb out of the midst of the fire,

16 lest you act corruptly and make for yourselves a carved image in the form of any figure: the likeness of male or female,

This thread is closed for review.