christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Just Introducing Myself.

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

GNick2013

GNick2013
  • Members
  • 5 posts
My name is Nick and I've come here so I can be surrounded by people like myself, so far the reception has been warm and I know I won't be disappointed. I've been in The Army as a Combat Engineer for 4 years and 1 of which I served in Afghanistan. Another plus is that I've already ran into quite a few veterans on here, so I'm already feeling at home. If I'm quiet at times and seem a little slow with processing what is being told to me, I apologize in advance, I have a bad case of depression and anxiety which occupies my mind most the time. My relationship with God has been a rocky one, I know one of the main reasons I'm here is because I'm under conviction and God is trying to use it to lure me back to where I belong, which is by his side. Know that you guys can talk to me about anything, I'm not judge mental and I'll never betray your trust. Thanks for allowing me in your community. God Bless.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,287 posts
Nick,
Welcome to Worthy.
If you ever need to chat or an ear pm me.

May you have a very Merry Christmas.
God bless you and it was a pleasure to meet you in chat.

Nigel.

lorrie323

lorrie323
  • Members
  • 36 posts
Welcome Nick, Merry Christmas I know how you feel, My faith is strong but am really going through a rough patch myself.. God never gives you more than you can handel . God bless and keep you, my thoughts and prayers are with you!

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,106 posts
Welcome Nick. I am glad you are here. God Bless!

Selasphorus

Selasphorus

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
welcome, Nick!

GNick2013

GNick2013
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Nick,
Welcome to Worthy.
If you ever need to chat or an ear pm me.

May you have a very Merry Christmas.
God bless you and it was a pleasure to meet you in chat.

Nigel.

Thank You. I'll be sure to do that and know you can do the same with me.

GNick2013

GNick2013
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Welcome Nick, Merry Christmas I know how you feel, My faith is strong but am really going through a rough patch myself.. God never gives you more than you can handel . God bless and keep you, my thoughts and prayers are with you!

I think most people are struggling these days, so I try not to complain all the often. I'm really clinging to " God never gives you more than you can handle " because sometimes it seems a bit much. Know you can talk to me about anything and thank you for your welcome.

lorrie323

lorrie323
  • Members
  • 36 posts
Thanks Nick, someday you will look back on everything and say to yourself "that really wasn't so bad". Put it in Gods hands because he is so much wiser and stronger than we are.

damo1

damo1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

My name is Nick and I've come here so I can be surrounded by people like myself, so far the reception has been warm and I know I won't be disappointed. I've been in The Army as a Combat Engineer for 4 years and 1 of which I served in Afghanistan. Another plus is that I've already ran into quite a few veterans on here, so I'm already feeling at home. If I'm quiet at times and seem a little slow with processing what is being told to me, I apologize in advance, I have a bad case of depression and anxiety which occupies my mind most the time. My relationship with God has been a rocky one, I know one of the main reasons I'm here is because I'm under conviction and God is trying to use it to lure me back to where I belong, which is by his side. Know that you guys can talk to me about anything, I'm not judge mental and I'll never betray your trust. Thanks for allowing me in your community. God Bless.

welcome to worthy Nick its been a while since i have been involved in worthy and i am only just comming back to worthy forums my self i understand what you are going through Nick and thank you for the service you have provided for your country Nick.

i watch a program in Australia on 7 mate bomb patrol in Afghanistan seeing how american soilders defuse the bombs that the taliban plant

my father served as a soilder and so did my brother but he is retired know croatian army hope to get to know you

have a good christmas Nick and a happy new year

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,872 posts
Welcome~!

GNick2013

GNick2013
  • Members
  • 5 posts

welcome to worthy Nick its been a while since i have been involved in worthy and i am only just comming back to worthy forums my self i understand what you are going through Nick and thank you for the service you have provided for your country Nick.

i watch a program in Australia on 7 mate bomb patrol in Afghanistan seeing how american soilders defuse the bombs that the taliban plant

my father served as a soilder and so did my brother but he is retired know croatian army hope to get to know you

Not too far off from what I did. I was a Buffalo Operator and we cleared routes using a hydrolic arm to inspect the IEDs. EOD defuses most of the IEDs over there. My Hats off to anyone that has served in the military. Its a tough life. Thanks again for your welcome.

Jayyycuuup

Jayyycuuup

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Hello Nick, was nice meeting you in Chat, thank you again for your service, God be with you always!

damo1

damo1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Not too far off from what I did. I was a Buffalo Operator and we cleared routes using a hydrolic arm to inspect the IEDs. EOD defuses most of the IEDs over there. My Hats off to anyone that has served in the military. Its a tough life. Thanks again for your welcome.

Hi Nick

last sundays episode showed what you guys do i saw the Buffalo with the hydrolic arm 7 mate is running a new serious on bomb patrol in Afghanistan very dangerous work clearing those IED one of the robbots used stopped working and you see what you guys have to put up with

i pray that god puts the right guys around you nick men that you can trust and open up to

RustyAngeL

RustyAngeL

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,564 posts
Welcome Nick and thank you for your service. Hope to see a lot more of you.

Peacemaker2012

Peacemaker2012
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Welcome to Worthy Nick!

I am so Very Blessed that you have joined us. I have 2 boys in the Army. My oldest is a Combat Engineer as well and just got home from Afghan and my youngest is Infantry and is in Afghan right now. My Prayer's are with you always, in fact ....I have been praying for you for years even though I didn't know your name. I am Praising God tonight that He is calling you back into relationship with Him and that you are Are responding!! This is an answer to my Prayer son! Praise God! Remember this Nick........Jesus told us that "Apart from Him we can do nothing,......And the Apostle Paul Reminds us saying "I can do All Things through Him who strengthens me". You keep your heart set on Him. I know what it is like to deal with anxiety and depression (as a parent facing my own children deploying)....it is like there is a live battle going on in your own mind and that's because there is.......you don't want to think or feel this way.......but it seems impossible not to. It is NOT impossible to overcome this though, I promise you, by the Power of God's Grace ....you can do it. I can tell you from experience that learning to hold on to the Word of God is exactly what will help you overcome that battle. The enemy wants to keep us locked in negative thoughts and doubting but when negative thoughts come to us in our minds, the Bible tells us to bring Every Thought into Captivy, into obedience to Christ. We do this by learning the Word of God and holding on to it rather than allowing ourselves to meditate on the negative, asking God for HIS Grace to help us overcome. We must know, that we need God. I Pray that you learn to go to HIM daily and ask for His Grace to help you, that you may Grow and help others find there way also. That is what Growing in Faith is, learning to trust in God and In His Word without doubting that God IS going to see you through because HE Loves YOU.

I truly believe God can use your "Soldier's way of Thinking" to help you face the battle against your anxiety and depression. If you are willing to fight as hard for this battle as you were willing to fight when you joined the Army, God CAN AND WILL make you Able to Overcome! He promises us, if you give Him your Will, He will NOT let you down!

Here are a few scritpures I have shared with my own boys. I will be praying for you Always.

Psalm 55:22-23

22 Cast your burden on the Lord,
And He shall sustain you;
He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.

Ephesians 3:19-21

19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,
21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

2 Timothy 2

Be Strong in Grace

You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2 And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 3 You therefore must endure[a] hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. 4 No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier.

1Peter 5:5- 11
Submit to God, Resist the Devil

5 Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for

“God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble.”[b]
6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, 7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because[c] your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. 10 But may[d] the God of all grace, who called us[e] to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. 11 To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Philippians 4:6-9

English Standard Version (ESV)
6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 9 What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Thank You for you service and I will continue to Pray you always.
Grace and Peace to You!
Peacemaker

Also, anytime you need Prayer you can contact me through P.M. as well.

Edited by Peacemaker2012, 26 December 2012 - 04:02 AM.

redroses42

redroses42

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
welcome to worthy Nick may God richly bless you with peace and joy

franciskelsey

franciskelsey

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
Wecome. Sometimes the computor is not enough. I am sure most of us here would be more than happy to help you out on a more personell level. Don't be afraid to reach out for help. Here, your surrounded by friends. God bless

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
Good to meet ya Nick and I know others have said this but thank you for your service for our country. I hope you had a great Christmas. Happy New Year as well.

greekmom

greekmom

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
Welcome to Worthy! :)

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network