christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Enya

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

warriorforJesus

warriorforJesus

• PipPip
  • 106 posts
Any fans of Enya out there? I just recently discovered that I love her music. It's calming and she has a great voice. I also like how she uses her own instruments. It separates her music from most other pop artists, her songs sound like movie soundtracks. My favorites are Only Time, Orinco Flow, May it Be, and Amarintine.

Edited by warriorforJesus, 27 December 2012 - 12:41 AM.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,776 posts
A Wonderful (Jazz) Songbird
She Was A Stunning Songster From The Get Go
And The Only Thing She Could Add Is Spirit-Filled Songs From The Scriptures

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,971 posts

A Wonderful (Jazz) Songbird
She Was A Stunning Songster Form The Get Go
And The Only Thing She Could Add Is Spirit-Filled Songs From The Scriptures

Any fans of Enya out there? I just recently discovered that I love her music. It's calming and she has a great voice. I also like how she uses her own instruments. It separates her music from most other pop artists, her songs sound like movie soundtracks. My favorites are Only Time, Orinco Flow, May it Be, and Amarintine.

Do you think she sounds like Celtic New age kind of music?

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,776 posts

I Hear Her Worshiping The Creation And Not The Creator

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,971 posts
Me too..that's why I was asking Warrior that question .

Wish she would sing for the Lord,her voice is beautiful :)

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,428 posts
She is of the Celtic background, like many others these days. Their voices are beautiful, that is given, but the message is haunting, as are some of their songs.

I use to listen to Enya a lot, but the spirit of her songs are not praiseworthy.

warriorforJesus

warriorforJesus

• PipPip
  • 106 posts
Oiche Chiun, another song from her that I like, is Silent Night in Irish. Just thought I'd point that out. I've been reading around to see if she's a Christian and it says she was raised in a Christian Catholic home. I love her music though, it's really calming. And though I don't know for sure if her heart's with God or not, (Because you can't believe everything you read from the Internet), who knows? Maybe God is working through her.

Musician4Christ

Musician4Christ
  • Members
  • 18 posts
It is wise to be careful with secular music, New Age or other music based on false religion in particular. Music is very powerful and can send messages to the subconscious.
At least be aware of this if you choose to listen to it.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts
Yes,the voice is nice but I have always wondered about the lyrics. :hmmm:

gnomonist

gnomonist

Advanced Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

I Hear Her Worshiping The Creation And Not The Creator

Unfortunately that's true. Her voice is fantastic, but they (the Celts) are into a lot of the earth-based religion, e.g. Wiccan. They are big on quarter and cross-quarter days and celebrations on the solar calendar as well. I know that aspect being into astronomy, calendars, time, gnomonics, etc. as anything to do with time and calendars are an interest to me. Christians ought to stay away from observing anything around those times as it is based in that sort of paganism. But in all fairness, a lovely lady. Wished her singing was "in tune" with truth.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts
Yes,I have loved the sound of the music.I have not heard good things about Enya so I choose to stay away from it.

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts
I feel the same way - used to listen to a lot of Karl Jenkins (composer of similar music) but as beautiful and emotive as his music is, I really know I should be 'into it' anymore... such a shame! Would that through the gift he has been given, he would glorify the Lord...

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network