christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Guns Are Bad!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

redwing

redwing

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,841 posts
I just wish the Feds would give me a thousand rds of 40 cal. JHP ammo, maybe throw in a thousand rds of 9X19 ammo. I don't mean to be greedy.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts
Guns are just a piece of metal.It is the ones who have the guns in their hand that you have to watch.Their are way too many people who have possession of guns that should not.Just read the front page news.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,791 posts
yes, there are a lot of people who have them that shouldn't, but let me point this out, stricter gun laws won't change that. the people that shouldn't have them will still get them, all the gun laws do, is take the guns out of the hands of those of us who wouldn't hurt anyone. What the front page news doesn't tell you is all the thousands and thousands of responsible gun owners who have never used a gun to hurt anyone.

Adaeze

Adaeze
  • Members
  • 60 posts
I am unlike most pacifists in the fact that I do not support gun control. I'd rather peace come through someone's change of heart than through forceful actions of the state. We need to look at the hearts and minds of people. Not what they own or any hobbies they may have.

OldShep

OldShep

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

I am unlike most pacifists in the fact that I do not support gun control. I'd rather peace come through someone's change of heart than through forceful actions of the state. We need to look at the hearts and minds of people. Not what they own or any hobbies they may have.

I agree, there is no law of man or of God that will stop a person from taking a life, that is a choice made by each individaul who would be faced with this issue and will never be under any form of gun control, but, it may make it harder for a man or women to kill a whole bunch of people in a short period of time.

Cobalt1959

Cobalt1959

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

I agree, there is no law of man or of God that will stop a person from taking a life, that is a choice made by each individaul who would be faced with this issue and will never be under any form of gun control, but, it may make it harder for a man or women to kill a whole bunch of people in a short period of time.

Not if it eliminates the possibility of a responsible citizen being able to put a stop to the killing quickly by defending themselves and others. All gun control does is ensure that only criminals and crazies have guns. That is proven time and time again.

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,778 posts
What actually changed was the fact that the Saul Alinsky handbook is currently being used by the State and the people - republicans in the government have been so silently sidelined. It happens when a free people acquiesce to one small freedom taken and then another and another all seemingly logical and with reason and before on knows it one is resorting to stones against guns as in the ME. Freedoms are so transient today and there is no one to stand up and say ""NO"". Guns? where did it start? Peanut butter? then the family farm? As long as it does not affect me or mine it is OK! No longer is it the land of the free or the home of the brave!

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,791 posts
It wont even stop mass killings. The criminals will still get them. And, if by some miracle you do get that gun out of the criminals hand, any idiot can make a bomb using common stuff you can find at your home depot. Its not that hard. Anyone else remember Timothy Mcveigh? I don't know about you, but id rather deal with a shooter-then a bomber. At least, a guy with a gun, you have a chance to shoot back or run, or fight back-a bomb you never see coming until its to late.

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,488 posts

Guns do NOT kill people, People kill people!

Blaming guns for murders is like blaming pencils for misspelled words. :noidea:

JustinM

JustinM

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
I have a great idea that's guaranteed to stop all gun homicides. See, we've been focusing on the wrong thing. One side says that people are the problem not guns, and the other side says that guns are so dangerous they should be banned from society.

So, this is what I suggest. We already have gun control laws, and we already have laws against murder, but what we really need, and I know it will work, is laws that ban people from murdering other people with guns. See, how brilliant I am? We should call our Congressmen and ask them to please pass a law that bans people from murdering people with guns. I mean, once it's law, no one in their right mind will break it.

Sarcasm off.

I think I sounded as absurd as people that want to ban guns. Paper and ink do not prevent crime. They may discourage it, and they may define what constitutes unlawful activity, but paper and ink cannot address what the real problem is. There are bad people out there who wouldn't think twice about killing a man/father, woman/mother, child/someone's baby. Nothing we say, do or write down will make that person a good person. Our only real protection is, to either isolate them from society forever, or kill them on the spot before they can kill anyone else. We need more good people at the right place and time, and that is only way to increase the odds of stopping evil people, In all mass shootings, the police only show up to count the bodies. They cannot stop every murderer everytime.

So, we need millions of good, competent and loving deputies to take a stand and be our invisible guardians. If not for yourselves, for your children. . .

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network